2013 PAW Managers Thread - all tournaments covered :) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-25-2012, 09:41 AM   #1
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

Aenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2013 PAW Managers Thread - all tournaments covered :)

Welcome to PAW Managers Thread 2013

If no manager takes a tournament until 1 day before the main draw is released, the tournament is cancelled, the players commited to this tournament are moved to the other(s) of the week (if there's any) and the circuit moves on.

PAW tournaments and managers (red means taken)

Code:
Week	Category	Start Date 	City		Surface Draw	Picks	Manager

1	250		Dec 30		Brisbane	H	28	13	sdtoot
	250		Dec 31		Doha		H	32	13	jrm
	250		Dec 31		Chennai		H	28	13	Rik.
2	250		Jan 7		Sydney		H	28	13	Nirjhor
	250		Jan 7		Auckland	H	28	13	qczi
3	GS		Jan 14		Melbourne (AO)	H	128	26	sdtoot

6	250		Feb 4		Montpellier	IH	28	13	Nirjhor
	250		Feb 4		Zagreb		IH	28	13	jrm
	250		Feb 4		Vińa del Mar	CL	28	13	SUPERTOM93
7	500		Feb 11		Rotterdam	IH	32	13	jrm
	250		Feb 11		San Jose	IH	28	13	Nirjhor
	250		Feb 11		Săo Paulo	CL	28	13	Rik.
8	500		Feb 18		Memphis		IH	32	13	SUPERTOM93
	250		Feb 18		Marseille	IH	28	13	jrm
	250		Feb 18		Buenos Aires	CL	32	13	Nirjhor
9	500		Feb 25		Dubai		H	32	13	Nirjhor
	500		Feb 25		Acapulco	CL	32	13	jrm
	250		Feb 25		Delray Beach	H	32	13	VamosRafaNadal

10	1000		Mar 7		Indian Wells	H	96	19	purtov45
12	1000		Mar 20		Miami		H	96	19	Aenea

15	250		Apr 8		Casablanca	CL	28	13	Nirjhor
	250		Apr 8		Houston		CL	28	13	SUPERTOM93
16	1000		Apr 14		Monte-Carlo	CL	56	16	jrm
17	500		Apr 22		Barcelona	CL	48	16	Nirjhor
	250		Apr 22		Bucharest	CL	28	13	jrm
18	250		Apr 29		Estoril		CL	28	13	VamosRafaNadal
	250		Apr 29		Munich		CL	28	13	Nirjhor

19	1000		May 5		Madrid		CL	56	16	Nirjhor
20	1000		May 12		Rome		CL	56	16	sdtoot
21	250		May 19		Düsseldorf	CL	28	13	Nirjhor
	250		May 19		Nice		CL	28	13	jrm
22	GS		May 26		Paris (FO)	CL	128	26	Aenea

24	250		Jun 10		Halle		G	28	13	Nirjhor
	250		Jun 10		London (Queens)	G	56	16	hallso
25	250		Jun 16		’s-HertogenboschG	32	13	Aenea
	250		Jun 17		Eastbourne	G	28	13	Aenea
26	GS		Jun 24		London (SW19)	G	128	26	sdtoot

28	250		Jul 8		Bĺstad		CL	28	13	jrm
	250		Jul 8		Stuttgart	CL	28	13	supertom
	250		Jul 8		Newport		G	32	13	VamosRafaNadal
29	500		Jul 15		Hamburg		CL	48	16	jrm
	250		Jul 15		Bogota		H	28	13      bry17may
30	250		Jul 22		Atlanta		H	28	13	bry17may
	250		Jul 22		Gstaad		CL	28	13	jrm
	250		Jul 22		Umag		CL	28	13	jrm
31	250		Jul 28		Kitzbühel	CL	28	13	jrm
	500		Jul 29		Washington D.C.	H	48	16	Snowwy

32	1000		Aug 5		Montreal	H	56	16	Nirjhor
33	1000		Aug 11		Cincinnati	H	56	16	Nirjhor
34	250		Aug 18		Winston-Salem	H	48	16	VamosRafaNadal
35	GS		Aug 26		NY (USOpen)	H	128	26	purtov45

38	250		Sep 16		Metz		IH	28	13	Snowwy
	250		Sep 16		St. Petersburg	IH	32	13	VamosRafaNadal
39	250		Sep 23		Kuala Lumpur	IH	28	13	VamosRafaNadal
	250		Sep 23		Bangkok		IH	28	13	supertom
40	500		Sep 30		Beijing		H	32	13	Nirjhor		
	500		Sep 30		Tokyo		H	32	13	hallso

41	1000		Oct 6		Shanghai	H	56	16	Nirjhor
42	250		Oct 14		Moscow		IH	28	13	Snowwy
	250		Oct 14		Stockholm	IH	28	13	jrm
	250		Oct 14		Vienna		IH	28	13	VamosRafaNadal
43	500		Oct 21		Valencia	IH	32	13	Nirjhor
	500		Oct 21		Basel		IH	32	13	jrm
44	1000		Oct 28		Paris		IH	48	16	Aenea

45	WTF		Nov 4		London		IH	8	7	Snowwy

PAW scoring points calculation
Code:
Formula:

PLAYER'S A ranking pts: A
PLAYER'S B ranking pts: B

Player's A PAW scoring pts: = SQRT (100*B / A) or 10*SQRT(B)/SQRT(A)
Player's B PAW scoring pts: = SQRT (100*A / B) or 10*SQRT(A)/SQRT(B)
(SQRT=square root)

EXAMPLE:

Madrid 2007 Final:

FEDERER, Roger vs NALBANDIAN, David

FEDERER, Roger rank pts: 7355
NALBANDIAN, David rank pts: 1195

FEDERER, Roger PAW Scoring pts = SQRT (100*1195/7355) = 4.03 = 4
NALBANDIAN, David PAW Scoring pts = SQRT (100*7355/1195) = 24.81 = 25

FEDERER, Roger vs NALBANDIAN, David ..........(4-25)

Note:

1. The ranking list to be used for PAW scoring points is the ranking at the time of the draw,
   normally it's the previous week's ranking (but in Indian Wells and Miami case 
   the draw comes out AFTER the new ranking is released)

2. Round off all scoring pts to the nearest integer, eg. 10.49 = 10 but 10.50 = 11.

3. In case of unranked player or a player who has less than 40 ranking pts, 
   he is allocated 40 pts for the calculation of PAW scoring points.

For beginning manager

Code:
Basically, the manager has 2 main tasks:

1. Publishing the matches and scoring points. It's important that the scoring points are
 published as soon as possible, because the players take them in consideration when
 selecting their picks for the next day of play.
2. Calculating the scores for each player and publishing the league standings. This is
 usually done after each day of play (or after each round in 2-weeks tournaments). Although
 the timing of publishing the standings is not as important as the scoring points, it would
 be good do do it as soon as possible. Players like to know where they rank, especially in
 the latter stages (after the QF and SF) when players take the standing and the picks of
 other players in consideration.

Generally, the time required for the standings depend on the # of matches played, so the
 work load at the start of the week is the hardest and it gets lighter as the tournament
 progresses.

More matches and more players yield more work for the manager... that's why we suggest that
 people who aren't sure they have the time to do it to take smaller tournaments for a start. 

Of course, to be able to function as manager you must have access to the internet on every
 day of the tournament (from the time the main draw is done until the final). 
You should be aware what's going on in the tournament and be ready to make adjustments when
 necessary (for example: occasionally the draw is changed due to withdrawal so the matches
 and scoring points have to be changed).

Another important task is to check the validity of picks, in particular look after "late
 picks", i.e. picks that were posted after the match start, or may have started, and
 therefore should be marked as an "invalid pick" and not be counted. Note - Start times of
 all matches can be found on the xscores.com website (tennis section).

A manager should also know the fine details of the game rules, so it is suggested to read
 thoroughly post #1 in the "Official PAW Rules and FAQ's thread" (link to which should
 appear on the first message of the PAW tournament thread).

All managers, please don't forget about the name format in ranking table which I've mentioned here
Name has exactly 23 symbols (letters)
thank you

ZIP file includes simple template excel sheets for 13, 16, 26-picks paw and special Evita's Templates, it can be easy modified by inserting (or deleting) additional lines and columns.

Last edited by Aenea : 10-25-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Aenea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
country flag Rik.

Rik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond reputeRik. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 PAW Managers Thread

I will take Chennai
Rik. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #3
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

Aenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond repute

That's great from you welcome back, Rik.
Old 12-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #4
country flag sdtoot

sdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond repute

Brisbane and AO please.
sdtoot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:05 PM   #5
jrm

jrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 PAW Managers Thread - manager needed for Doha

Doha
WISHLIST Robby GINEPRI Blaž KAVČIČ Michael LLODRA Feliciano LOPEZ Tomas BERDYCH Martin KLIZAN Julien BENNETEAU Novak DJOKOVIC Dmitry TURSUNOV Janko TIPSAREVIC Stanislas WAWRINKA Thomaz BELLUCCI Eduardo SCHWANK Benoit PAIRE Gilles MULLER Juan Martin del POTRO John ISNER Philipp PETZSCHNER Gilles SIMON Mardy FISH Grigor DIMITROV Florian MAYER
Quote:
HATE LIST Rafael NADAL Andy MURRAY Lleyton HEWITT Marcos BAGHDATIS Bernard TOMIC Fernando VERDASCO Nikolay DAVYDENKO Alexandr DOLGOPOLOV Fabio FOGNINI Gael MONFILS Tommy HAAS Carlos BERLOCQ Albert MONTANES Paolo LORENZI
jrm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:37 PM   #6
country flag qczi

qczi has a reputation beyond reputeqczi has a reputation beyond reputeqczi has a reputation beyond reputeqczi has a reputation beyond reputeqczi has a reputation beyond reputeqczi has a reputation beyond reputeqczi has a reputation beyond reputeqczi has a reputation beyond reputeqczi has a reputation beyond reputeqczi has a reputation beyond reputeqczi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 PAW Managers Thread - managers needed for Sydney&Auckland

Auckland
qczi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:51 PM   #7
jrm

jrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 PAW Managers Thread - manager needed for Sydney

Zagreb
Rotterdam
Marseille
Acapulco
WISHLIST Robby GINEPRI Blaž KAVČIČ Michael LLODRA Feliciano LOPEZ Tomas BERDYCH Martin KLIZAN Julien BENNETEAU Novak DJOKOVIC Dmitry TURSUNOV Janko TIPSAREVIC Stanislas WAWRINKA Thomaz BELLUCCI Eduardo SCHWANK Benoit PAIRE Gilles MULLER Juan Martin del POTRO John ISNER Philipp PETZSCHNER Gilles SIMON Mardy FISH Grigor DIMITROV Florian MAYER
Quote:
HATE LIST Rafael NADAL Andy MURRAY Lleyton HEWITT Marcos BAGHDATIS Bernard TOMIC Fernando VERDASCO Nikolay DAVYDENKO Alexandr DOLGOPOLOV Fabio FOGNINI Gael MONFILS Tommy HAAS Carlos BERLOCQ Albert MONTANES Paolo LORENZI
Old 01-01-2013, 07:51 AM   #8
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

Thank you, guys

Happy New Year!!
Old 01-01-2013, 08:27 AM   #9
country flag Nirjhor

Nirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond repute

Happy New Year everybody!

I would like to start managing PAW with Sydney, if it's okay!

80 Titles Including 17 Grandslam, 22 Masters, 6 YEC and Counting.

♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔

The Greatest Player Ever to Play Tennis.
Nirjhor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #10
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

I am OK with that and if at least 1 other PB member agrees I'll add you to the list.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #11
country flag sdtoot

sdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond reputesdtoot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenea View Post
I am OK with that and if at least 1 other PB member agrees I'll add you to the list.
+1.
sdtoot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #12
country flag Nirjhor

Nirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 PAW Managers Thread - managers needed for Feb tournaments

Thanks guys!

♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔

Old 01-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #13
jrm

i thought i ask here since it's the most traffic place for managers - with new, dreadful ATP scoreboard, can i have a permission to close the match for picking once the names appear on the scoreboard (i used to close matches once the ball appeared but now it's so hard to tell)?
Quote:
Old 01-02-2013, 04:16 PM   #14
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

ATP has a new SB? I have not seen it and don't know what the problem might be but you certainly don't need permission. The rules are clear

"7. Is it correct that I have to post my PAW’s before that match has started, would my PAW still be valid if I posted my PAW during the first few games?

> In the circumstance of a tournament which provides live scores. Your PAW must be posted no later than five minutes within the last five minutes of the previous match on that court. If the match is the first on that court, you must post your PAW no later that the five minute barrier five minutes before the match time, for your pick to be valid.

Picks posted after the Closing Time are accepted only in exceptional circumstances.
(e.g. in the case of rain delays, or if I happen to have watched the match live and noted the start time)".

So yeah, matches could be closed far earlier than the names appearing on the SB.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #15
country flag Nirjhor

I can take Dubai.

♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔