Will Ferrer win a slam this year? - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will he?

Yeh, you go Dave! 36 25.53%
Nah, not this time. Still a great player though 105 74.47%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #106
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Ferrer win a slam this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozza View Post
He will get either Federer or Djokovic in his half. Judging by these two guys form this year on clay they are not guaranteed to make the semis. I'd say there are very good chances that Federer loses in the quarters or something. Djokovic would probably make the semi but clay is definitely Ferrers best chance of beating him. They have played 8 sets on the dirt with Ferrer winning 6 of them.
Against Federer, he's only ever won a set off him and whenever he comes close to winning one against him, his balls shrink. And that's even facing Fed in smaller tourneys, so it seems even more unlikely in a big stage. And even if Fed does lose before QF to pave way, he'll then have to face Djokovic or Nadal. With Djokovic; I guess what you say is true to an extent (because of their clay record), but this is a GS were talking about. 5-0 to Novak in slams, with only one set lost. I think the better question to ask is, will Ferrer give a good test against him... because I just don't see Ferrer beating him, especially against an improved Djokovic as of late.
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #107
country flag BackhandDTL

BackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond reputeBackhandDTL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moozza View Post
Where have you all been for the last 2 years?

You make it sound like Ferrer is some mug. He is not. This guy only loses to top 4 players at slams these days, it's a safe bet he'll be there well into the second week.
Doesn't matter. Other guys are far more likely to beat him than he ever will members of the top four in Majors (bar Murray at the French).

Besides, other than last year his record at RG has been extremely dodgy.

Also, we've yet to see Ferrer match up against Berdych and co on clay in some time. They've looked more impressive on the surface on its biggest stage recently, so he won't be guaranteed any picnic before the semis.
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
Million times.. Your problem
I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you're looking for attention, I can tell you I don't like you but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you stop posting that photo now, that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will terminate your MTF account.
BackhandDTL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #108
country flag Rychu
Thumps Chest Repeatedly

Rychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond repute

Rychu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #109
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
When are mods going to crack down on these troll threads? vulture has as much chance of winning RG as nalbandian going on a diet

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
BauerAlmeida is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #110
country flag Sophitia36

Sophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond reputeSophitia36 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htom Sirveaux View Post
Agreed. He essentially can't meet Djokovic or Nadal ever (in a slam), and he can't draw Federer on any surface but clay (now, that is; Federer would have easily beaten him on clay too in the past). He can beat Murray on clay, but his chances on the other surfaces against the Scot aren't great. And he can beat anyone else on the tour, especially on clay.

The draw for this Roland Garros is probably the best chance he'll ever get. He can't draw Djokovic until the semis at the earliest, and he can't draw Nadal until the final, so they'll be facing more quality opponents before they theoretically meet Ferrer. If Djokovic and Nadal go out relatively early (not unthinkable given their respective forms this year), his odds go up substantially.
It is unlikely in my opinion, but not impossible.
The big 3 seem far more beatable than last year, he will have his own quarter (because of Murray's withdrawal)... I don't know how he would do against Federer on clay, honestly, but Fed hasn't been very impressive lately.

He was 2 points away from beating Nadal and took him two sets for the first time in 5 years (I think?). Of course, this is provided that Nadal doesn't suddently play an out-of-this-world tennis because it's the FO, which might very well happen.

Nole would probably be a bigger problem, but then again, I never thought Nole would lose so often this year, so...

He needs some luck, and another thing he needs is to play as he has been playing lately, and not as he was playing earlier this season. Otherwise it won't even be Nadal or Djokovic taking him out, it might be anyone else, really.
Sophitia36 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #111
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute

WHAT ?
You serious MTF ?
MTF gets duller every minute.
Was a great site though.

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 482-329
TBkeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:58 PM   #112
country flag uxyzapenje

uxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond reputeuxyzapenje has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBkeeper View Post
WHAT ?
You serious MTF ?
MTF gets duller every minute.
Was a great site though.
And because of that you will leave never to return (not letting this dull site waste your time)?
Old 05-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #113
country flag Kyle_Johansen

Kyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond repute

His best chance of beating a top 3 guy would be against Federer, but even then it would be like 6-3, 5-7, 6-4, 6-2.
6) Rosewall 7) Agassi 8) Lendl 9) Connors 10) McEnroe
Top 10 favourite all-time list
1) Federer 2) Safin 3) Agassi 4) Sampras 5) Edberg
6) Lendl 7) Haas 8) Hewitt 9) Connors 10) Becker
Kyle_Johansen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:44 PM   #114
country flag Topspindoctor
Banned!

Topspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond reputeTopspindoctor has a reputation beyond repute

A weaponless joke like him will never win a slam

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Topspindoctor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:56 PM   #115
country flag Tag

Tag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond reputeTag has a reputation beyond repute

ferrer will never win a slam

he no longer has the backroom staff required
Tag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:46 AM   #116
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute

It's looking good

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!+ Humanitarian world no.1 2014
Moozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #117
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute

Good start

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!+ Humanitarian world no.1 2014
Moozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:06 PM   #118
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

^
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:11 PM   #119
country flag Andi-M

Andi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond repute

Unlikley, but if he will it will deffo be RG he has a realistic shot at final, so we'll see. be great if he did

So very very proud to be a fan of Mr Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Double Grand slam champion. Olympic Gold Medalist. Holder of 9 Masters 1000 events # legend
Andi-M is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #120
country flag BroTree123

BroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
^
No words can describe me.
Without me, it would be just aweso.
No shit.
Quote:
Never held a racquet in my life.
Quote:
I've played the game for close to 10 years. This should come as no surprise to many.

Banned Users
BroTree123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote