Murray unveils Grand Plan (c/p) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-17-2004, 11:23 AM   #1
JonBcn

JonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond reputeJonBcn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Murray unveils Grand Plan (c/p)

Oh well, it's good to have ambition...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/4018377.stm

Murray makes grand ranking plan

Murray wants to be on the senior circuit after the Australian Open

Andrew Murray has set his sights on a place in the world's top 100 and aims to be in the top 50 by the end of 2005.

The British junior's ambitious plan will see him climb more than 400 places before May's French Open.

"It'll be difficult but it's more a mental and confidence thing than anything else," he told BBC Five Live.

"I've been playing well and it's a case of putting what I've been doing on the practice courts onto the match court, and hopefully my ranking will go up."

The 17-year-old hit the headlines with victory at the junior US Open, and while he intends to compete at that level in the Australian Open, after that he wants to be in the main draw.

"It will be tough, but that's what my coach wants me to do," the Scot said.

"He's wanting me to play in all of the big tournaments and it's good to have somebody like that who gives you confidence and believes you can play in the Grand Slams.

"My coach thinks I can do it and he wants me to be in the top 50 by the end of 2005."

Murray, who bases himself in Barcelona, has recently taken sets off Carlos Moya and beat Guillermo Coria two days in a row. Both players are currently taking part in the elite Masters Cup.

He has been playing for almost six hours a day and added that he had no problems with the knee injury that plagued him earlier in the year. "My body's really good right now," he added.
JonBcn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2004, 11:26 AM   #2
country flag CooCooCachoo
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Murray unveils Grand Plan (c/p)

Top 50 He's going to pull a Monique Viele

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos|Granollers
Grigelis|Huta Galung|Ilhan|Korolev|Kudla|Al. Kuznetsov|Lammer|Mannarino
Menendez|Naso|Paire|Peliwo|Polansky|Robert|Smyczek |J. Sousa|Sweeting

CooCooCachoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 11:26 AM   #3
MONSOON season.

CooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond reputeCooCooCachoo has a reputation beyond repute

And he needs to sack that coach immediately A coach can't expect that much..

Bachinger|Brands|Broady|Clezar|Crivoi|Crugnola|Cue vas|Eysseric|Giannessi|Gombos|Granollers

Old 11-17-2004, 11:29 AM   #4
croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond reputecroat123 has a reputation beyond repute

didn't mcenroe crush him 6-1? yeah, i thought so. he'll be lucky to make the top200
croat123 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 11:32 AM   #5
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute

He's good enough to be top 100...but by May!

As Neil Harman said, he'll have to win pretty much every futures/challengers he enters. A little impossible I think.

He should be aiming for top 200 by the end of the year and top 50 by the end of 2005. If I were a coach, that's what i'd say.
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 12:42 PM   #6
country flag joeb_uk

joeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond repute

yeah he got schooled and totally exposed by mcenroe. 6-1 lol he was 5-0 down i think
joeb_uk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 05:56 PM   #7
MONSOON season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jez
He's good enough to be top 100...but by May!

As Neil Harman said, he'll have to win pretty much every futures/challengers he enters. A little impossible I think.

He should be aiming for top 200 by the end of the year and top 50 by the end of 2005. If I were a coach, that's what i'd say.
You mean 2006 instead of 2005, I think?
This guy should be lucky to win matches in Challengers. It is not that easy and he lacks experience playing these events, I think.

Old 11-17-2004, 09:51 PM   #8
country flag LiZpHaIr

LiZpHaIr has a reputation beyond reputeLiZpHaIr has a reputation beyond reputeLiZpHaIr has a reputation beyond reputeLiZpHaIr has a reputation beyond reputeLiZpHaIr has a reputation beyond reputeLiZpHaIr has a reputation beyond reputeLiZpHaIr has a reputation beyond reputeLiZpHaIr has a reputation beyond reputeLiZpHaIr has a reputation beyond reputeLiZpHaIr has a reputation beyond reputeLiZpHaIr has a reputation beyond repute

What a terrible coach...
LiZpHaIr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote