Rogi Fed vs Lleyton: the big revenge or the big humiliation? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will win the match?

Lleyton Hewitt 8 13.56%
Roger Federer 51 86.44%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2004, 08:43 AM   #1
country flag Iza

Iza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond repute
Question Rogi Fed vs Lleyton: the big revenge or the big humiliation?

..or in other words: who will win? Rogi or Lleyton? Is the Australian able to beat the in-form Swiss? What do you believe?

I think it's gonna be a great match
Originally Posted by El Mundo
Sergio Ramos joined in the fun, proving he can do anything; he shines as a centre back, as a right back and as a striker.
My pink ego box
Iza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2004, 08:46 AM   #2
country flag Nymeria
Chiudi-fan

Nymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond reputeNymeria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rogi Fed vs Lleyton: the big revenge or the big humiliation?

I'm looking forward to the match!!! Good luck Roger

Hopp Suisse!
Nymeria is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 08:49 AM   #3
country flag Mr_Molik

Mr_Molik is on a distinguished road

lleyton isnt gona go a whole year without beating him...i have an awful feeling he will beat him here but lose to him in the final

Last edited by Mr_Molik : 11-17-2004 at 08:54 AM.
Mr_Molik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 08:49 AM   #4
country flag ataptc

ataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond reputeataptc has a reputation beyond repute

I want a more interesting match than US Open finals
ataptc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 09:05 AM   #5
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

It will be.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 09:15 AM   #6
WyveN
Banned!

WyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond repute

You don't get revenge for 3 slam losses by beating someone in a match that is likely to be irrelevant.
Going by averages I don't think there will be any more bagels but straight sets for Roger all the same.
WyveN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 09:16 AM   #7
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond repute

Roger in 2 sets
Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 09:18 AM   #8
country flag RonE

RonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond repute

I am hoping the fire in Roger from that DC loss last year is still burning hot after all those demolition jobs he did on Hewitt this year- he will need it, judging by the way Lleyton played against Moya he is going to be one tough nut to crack. Whoever wins I think it will be in 3 sets.
RonE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 09:26 AM   #9
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyveN
You don't get revenge for 3 slam losses by beating someone in a match that is likely to be irrelevant.
Going by averages I don't think there will be any more bagels but straight sets for Roger all the same.
And you seriously think Hewitt is going to treat this match as if it's irrelevant? He's going to be giving 100% to get a win over Federer at last in a big event. I only hope Federer is equally committed, because I wouldn't want it to come down to the final RR against Moya, even if the latter is badly off form.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 09:33 AM   #10
country flag The_Lion_Nl

The_Lion_Nl has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Lion_Nl has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Lion_Nl has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Lion_Nl has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Lion_Nl has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Lion_Nl has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Lion_Nl has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Lion_Nl has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Lion_Nl has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Lion_Nl has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Lion_Nl has a reputation beyond repute

I will be surprised if Feds doesn´t serve us another bagel, maybe even two.
Go Rogi, kick potato´s ass once again.

Good luck to Kafelnikov the Pokerking
The_Lion_Nl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 09:34 AM   #11
country flag Ferrero Forever

Ferrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond reputeFerrero Forever has a reputation beyond repute

please let roger win this match, i don't know how much "hewitt beat the world number 1" TV coverage i could stand, besides i like roger better anyway

Juan Monaco, Tommy Robredo, Fernando Gonzalez, Juan Martin Del Potro, David Ferrer, Guillermo Garcia Lopez, Juan Ignatio Chela, Fernando Verdasco, Carlos Moya, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Lucas Arnold Ker, Nicolas Lapentti
Ferrero Forever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 10:11 AM   #12
WyveN
Banned!

WyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond reputeWyveN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjengster
And you seriously think Hewitt is going to treat this match as if it's irrelevant?
No and neither is Federer but its not the end of the world whatever the outcome and both players know it. Last time their match was likely irrelevant was in DC and Hewitt obviously wanted it more.
WyveN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 10:43 AM   #13
country flag Mrs. B
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS

Mrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond repute

Roger will steamroll on the 1st set, tiebreak on 2nd with Lleyton winning it, and Roger wins the 3rd, 6-4.

should i use my vcash now?

FRENCH KISS
Mrs. B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 10:56 AM   #14
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Roger will win in 2 sets

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 11:00 AM   #15
bad gambler

hewitt has buckley's chance unfortunately - h2h will now read 7-7 after at one point being 7-2 in favour of hewitt, incredible turnaround from federer
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote