Fed's QF streak has ended. - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-11-2013, 12:01 PM   #106
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fed's QF streak has ended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Of course lighting can strike any top player and no match up is a given, but if federer is healthy, I see him getting at least to the semis and with a good opportunity to win the tournament. We'll see if he can avoid losing a set on his way there. I think fed is probably quite satisfied that berdych is not in his quarter. I think there would be a lot more tears from federer fans if that had been the draw.
I prefer Fed having Tsonga than Berdych in his quarter, but I would have far preferred having Berdych and easy first rounds than having the draw Fed has now.

Berdych was in great form already before the US Open : he found his form in Winston Salem during the match against Darcis and it didn't leave him afterwards. This time he's lost to Bautista-Agut, struggled with Dodig and been crushed by Hewitt. Not at all the same. Not even sure he wil reach the quarters even though he has an easy draw.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #107
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
Murray got the hardest R1 match, Haase unlike old Mathieu is dangerous but inconsistant. Djokovic's draw is easy all the way. Only QF is difficult, but then again Berdych is such an easy matchup for him. I would rather have Federer and Djokovic change Berdych and Tsonga with each other, Tsonga feels much more dangerous for Djokovic while Berdych-Federer always is thrilling to watch.
Haase has been awful in last months.

Mathieu looks clearly better, has taken Del Po to final set tie-break, and he likes this surface much more than Haase and is a fitter guy than him under heat.

Harrison or Giraldo are more dangerous than Joao Sousa.
Troicki is fitter than Flo Mayer.
Querrey or Wawrinka imo more dangerous than unfit Simon or Dolgopolov.

Berdych and Del Po are quite similar draws.

No, I think Djokovic has a tougher draw than Murray until semis.

I would have loved Murray's draw for Fed (considering that Simon is unfit), but Djoko's one I would have smelt a small danger ... except that Djokovic is in his prime then is able to crush anyone.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #108
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by atennisfan View Post
I still do not understand why people keep calling him 30 years old?
yes, 31 sorry
Old 01-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #109
country flag duong

About Davydenko people keep on speaking of "mental brainfarts" : actually if anything, he's very motivated against Fed.

His best matches of the year 2012 (Rotterdam) and 2010 (Australian open and Cincy) he played against Fed whereas being very disappointing in the rest of his year.

Fed has often won tight matches against him but it's not an easy match-up for him, he's seldom had easy matches.

Actually I think that if Fed doesn't reach his best level in that first week, Fed's best chance in that first week will be a warm weather as for Paire, Davydenko and Tomic, fitness may be a weak point. Actually if I had to bet I would bet on something like that : one or two tight matches but Fed going through thanks to his opponents' bad fitness or mental problems.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #110
country flag nick the greek
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theseth1119 View Post
Yes, I'm betting Rogie will win GS #18 and AO #5 as well. I was just taking it to the final to show it'd be his 25th final and 6th AO final. The 35 consecutive grand slam quarter finals (he'll make the QF here too) is most impressive as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Federer in 2 View Post
No quite. See you in the final.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
I'm still betting or Rogie to win #5
nick the greek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #111
country flag saviopr

saviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond repute

It's a challenging draw, but I believe Federer will reach QF easily.
saviopr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #112
country flag retister

retister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond reputeretister has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
I'd be excited if either Tomic or Raonic were to beat him as it would, ultimately, be good for the game to see a younger player coming through in the majors and beating the elite.

Mind you, neither have quite the aesthetic appeal of Federer circa 2001 when he beat Sampras at Wimbledon to signal his arrival as a future major winner.

I agree with others here, though, that it is more likely he makes the semis than not. The shame is that I can easily see he and Murray cancel each other out in a grueling semi-final while Djokovic strolls through to the final.

Djokovic really doesn't need any extra help in Australia, and it could make the final rather one-sided...
Fed's matches are rarely that grueling, I can easily see Djokovic being the more tired finalist after the semi with Ferrer, for example.
retister is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #113
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

fuck you, uncle toni
Old 01-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #114
Banned!

nick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond reputenick the greek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
fuck you, uncle toni
Old 01-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #115
country flag Apophis

Apophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares, as long as he can extend his 3rd round streak to a full decade (40 slams) in Paris. And Federer's first priority in the remainder of his career should be holding off Ferrer and his 2nd round streak of 29.
Apophis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:48 PM   #116
country flag Ace Pounder

Ace Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond repute

Mark those words: he will make it to the QFs, relatively easily. Davydenko, the most dangerous opponent until the QFs (more difficult than Raonic, even, Milos is in a bad form), won't be consistent enough to beat Roger in a BO5 match. I cannot see it happening.
Therefore, the streak will go on.

Deus ex MachineGun
(Ignosce mihi.)

Ace Pounder is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:54 PM   #117
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

tomic will beat him. you heard it here before

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #118
country flag Ace Pounder

Ace Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombrerero loco View Post
tomic will beat him. you heard it here before
Dream on.

Deus ex MachineGun
(Ignosce mihi.)

Ace Pounder is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #119
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineGun View Post
Mark those words: he will make it to the QFs, relatively easily. Davydenko, the most dangerous opponent until the QFs (more difficult than Raonic, even, Milos is in a bad form), won't be consistent enough to beat Roger in a BO5 match. I cannot see it happening.
Therefore, the streak will go on.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:56 PM   #120
country flag Apophis

Apophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond reputeApophis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by atennisfan View Post
I still do not understand why people keep calling him 30 years old?
They've been doing that since he was 28.

Btw, Fed's QF streak did end, by hands of Agassi.
Apophis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote