Best shot of 2013 already delivered - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #46
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best shot of 2013 already delivered

What's the criteria for an excellent shot?

It's simple to me. Level of difficulty and importance of the point. Paire had plenty of time to 1. Choose what he was going to do and 2. Execute the shot, he wasn't rushed. And this, on top of the fact he was under no real pressure.

It kind of makes me believe that latso hasn't picked up a tennis racket before.
Burrow is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 01:20 PM   #47
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrow View Post
What's the criteria for an excellent shot?

It's simple to me. Level of difficulty and importance of the point. Paire had plenty of time to 1. Choose what he was going to do and 2. Execute the shot, he wasn't rushed. And this, on top of the fact he was under no real pressure.

It kind of makes me believe that latso hasn't picked up a tennis racket before.
I'm actually playing since 1991

Even the commentator said - "Grigor Dimitrov, take a look at this" obviously referring to the official best shot of 2012.

He converted a BP with this shot (Dimitrov's was less important).

Everyone has his own criteria, you don't like it - fine, all of us who love it can live with that.

I believe also the professional tennis commentator isn't hurt you dislike it
latso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:21 PM   #48
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

Now give me your "STFU, mug, whatever" smart arguments against the facts

This thread becomes fun
Old 01-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #49
country flag Burrow

Burrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond reputeBurrow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
I'm actually playing since 1991

Even the commentator said - "Grigor Dimitrov, take a look at this" obviously referring to the official best shot of 2012.

He converted a BP with this shot (Dimitrov's was less important).

Everyone has his own criteria, you don't like it - fine, all of us who love it can live with that.

I believe also the professional tennis commentator isn't hurt you dislike it
Well, what's your criteria?

And you can use the "the professional commentator loves the shot, so it's a great shot" line, but most commentators don't even know the simple facts of players and 95% have absolutely no understanding of the biomechanical and tactical principles of the sport. They're paid to talk about each match like it's the best ever and how we're enjoying the greatest era of all time etc etc etc.

And no, he didn't convert a BP, he converted a game point in a 250 event in front of a half empty stadium.

And if you've been playing since '91 and you find this shot difficult, you must be a very poor player.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:30 PM   #50
country flag latso

Quote:

And you can use the "the professional commentator loves the shot, so it's a great shot" line, but most commentators don't even know the simple facts or players and 95% have absolutely no understanding of the biomechanical and tactical principles of the sport. They're paid to talk about each match like it's the best ever and how we're enjoying the greatest era of all time etc etc etc.

And no, he didn't convert a BP, he converted a game point in a 250 event in front of a half empty stadium.

And if you've been playing since '91 and you find this shot difficult, you must be a very poor player.
Out of the ordinary, surprising winner.

That's my criteria.

What's yours? Lucky reflex shot that gets the court once in 100?

Everyone his taste, for me it was great, smart, on time, misleading the opponent, not in a great arena or moment, but a shot is a shot. I like it Gonzo, you prefer it with a storyline, what can we do
Old 01-10-2013, 01:31 PM   #51
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

And you can use the "the professional commentator loves the shot, so it's a great shot" line, but most commentators don't even know the simple facts of players and 95% have absolutely no understanding of the biomechanical and tactical principles of the sport. They're paid to talk about each match like it's the best ever and how we're enjoying the greatest era of all time etc etc etc.

mugtso getting owned like there's no tomorrow
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #52
country flag latso

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
look here u mug and learn what a fantastic shot is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrrQGn6aml4
the storyline makes this shot (and actually rally, coz the shot itself was just good) great.

I love it as well, especially being Fed saving SP against Djokovic. But i'd take Fed's tweener against Nole at USO (if i'm not mistaking) against this one 100 times.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #53
country flag latso

i so love getting owned like that
Old 01-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #54
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

the storyline u know nothing about mechanics of tennis
Old 01-10-2013, 01:38 PM   #55
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Why are we contesting which shot was better? The Fed shot was in 2012, and this one is in 2013.
Slasher1985 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #56
country flag latso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
Why are we contesting which shot was better? The Fed shot was in 2012, and this one is in 2013.
i know, it's cruel from my part to take advantage of enginehead's condition, despite i actually mentioned that it's meant for shots in 2013, but you know how kids are
Old 01-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #57
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute

best shot?

maybe in a circus arena
Old 01-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #58
country flag Burrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
Out of the ordinary, surprising winner.

That's my criteria.

What's yours? Lucky reflex shot that gets the court once in 100?

Everyone his taste, for me it was great, smart, on time, misleading the opponent, not in a great arena or moment, but a shot is a shot. I like it Gonzo, you prefer it with a storyline, what can we do
No. I've already stated what my criteria is. I judge each shot based on the level of difficulty in executing the shot and the importance of the point.

The importance of the point is relative to the player, for example, Paire will most likely never play a Wimbledon final, so it's unfair to him to judge another shot as superior based on such. However, this is irrelevant here because I don't believe the 1st round of a 250 event, where he is playing a lowly ranked player is a momentous occasion for the man.

To me, the two points Roger Federer played against Andy Murray at the second set of the Wimbledon final last year were amongst the finest of the year and points that rank up there amongst the best ever played. I'm not one to say "this is the greatest shot of all time", it's an impossibility to do so, but Federer played those points perfectly out of nowhere and in the context of the stage he was at in his career and this match, they were truly magnificent. They are much more difficult to execute technically and the amount of pressure on these shots was immense. Of course, I can then use examples of lower ranked opponents which would just be as relevant, but Paire's shot does not fit either criteria.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #59
country flag motorhead
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
best shot?

maybe in a circus arena
Old 01-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #60
country flag motorhead
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
cause this latso clown said this circus shot would have been top 5 last year while I've already posted at least 10 points of Federer alone that were way better.
they weren't even in the same league.