Lance Armstrong set for tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-20-2013, 04:43 AM   #121
country flag abraxas21

abraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond reputeabraxas21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lance Armstrong admits to Doping

just a successful sportsman yank. nothing new here, except for the fact he got caught.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:58 AM   #122
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxas21 View Post
just a successful sportsman yank. nothing new here, except for the fact he got caught.
so predictable
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #123
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

Not even successful. I've won the same amount of Tour De France's as Lance.
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #124
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujee View Post
Not even successful. I've won the same amount of Tour De France's as Lance.
I'm sure he was referring to the one WC Armstrong won in 1993.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #125
country flag Fujee

Fujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond reputeFujee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
I'm sure he was referring to the one WC Armstrong won in 1993.
Haha I know, I am just trying to point out that now funny fact
Genius is not replicable. Inspiration, though, is contagious, and multiform — and even just to see, close up, power and aggression made vulnerable to beauty is to feel inspired and (in a fleeting, mortal way) reconciled.

David Foster Wallace
Fujee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:26 PM   #126
country flag GugaF1

GugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond reputeGugaF1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrrainer View Post
i mean he's an egomaniac. he couldn't care less about anyone except for himself.
Oh but we love them strong personalities when they are high, don't we? We love to see the jerks with attitude design to win at all cost ala Mcenroe, Schumacher, C. Ronaldo, Tyson etc. This is what makes them successful, the mentality, take all the drugs away from everybody and I would still belive Armostrong would be an outstanding cyclist. Take the drugs away from just Armostrong? You problably wouldn't even have heard his name. Nobody here will be ever in that position here that these outstanding athletes were as far as doping.

The hypocracy is too much for everybody to be knocking on Armstrong while the majority of the public doesn't care to know how their favorite sport's doping is regulated and run, only when a big start gets hung to dry, so things will continue to be the same. Rather than all this attention be directed at Armostrong, I would much prefer to go into the authorities and regulation of each sport. why not go hey, how is my favorite anti-doping regulated, is it taken seriousl?, does it have enough money to run efficiently, does it have a lot of loopholes? In Tennis for starts this is a big yes, it is not taken seriously enough. I want the biological passport installed, I want to see the people on the authorities who helped Lance on the inside to hung dry as well, not just him.

It is innocent to believe that when there is millions and millions involved and there is a wide open door for dope usage that human will not be opportunistic out of ideology.
GugaF1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:29 PM   #127
country flag bavaria100

bavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond reputebavaria100 has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the second part of the interview was a total "woe is me" show by Lance. But I have to give it to him, the story about Kristin was a great piece of fiction. He made her out to be this embodiment of honesty and integrity, who didn't approve of his doping, when there were several witness reports that she supported it and even handed out PEDs to the other riders. I wonder how long it took the 2 of them to come up with this crap.

29 years ago, one young man conquered the world of Formula 1: Ayrton Senna. You´ll never be forgotten!!!

2012: Year of my TT Comeback
Singles – W: Sarasota, Lexington, Rennes, Challenger Tour Finals F: Orleans SF: Indian Harbour QF: Caloundra, Busan, Vancouver, Istanbul, Medellin, Champaign Doubles – W: Meknes (w/gulzhan) F: Burnie (w/Vilnietė), Sarasota (w/Igorche), Busan (w/Cheeky Chick), St. Remy (w/BrazilTBfan) SF: Indian Harbour (w/Broseghini), Istanbul (w/Mahqz) Won "Challenger Player of the Year" Award
bavaria100 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:39 PM   #128
country flag RIboy

RIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond reputeRIboy has a reputation beyond repute

Old 01-22-2013, 08:25 AM   #129
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

forgive my stupidity, i really don't understand, are you never going to win if you don't use those doping stuff? I guess you are going to get faster a little bit right? If so, why bother to harm your body and reputation?

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Mimi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #130
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi View Post
forgive my stupidity, i really don't understand, are you never going to win if you don't use those doping stuff? I guess you are going to get faster a little bit right? If so, why bother to harm your body and reputation?
That's a question we all would like to know....
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 08:42 AM   #131
country flag Mimi

Mimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond reputeMimi has a reputation beyond repute

hello Amber

i guess these substances made Lance got the cancer. Though he was wrong, I do have a little bit of sympathy for him because the whole world is laughing at him and he gonna be broke. If i were him, i gonna commit suicide, i can't stand it

Epic movies, like brokeback mountain, are seldom found in the industry or worthy for the mainstream viewer. As often as I have watched the clips of this movie, I always find something more to it. For one, the gay stuff doesn't enter the picture for me, only the dimension of the highest love I have ever witnessed in life or on film.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #132
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
hello Amber

i guess these substances made Lance got the cancer. Though he was wrong, I do have a little bit of sympathy for him because the whole world is laughing at him and he gonna be broke. If i were him, i gonna commit suicide, i can't stand it
Hey Mimi it's so nice seeing u here.

I think a lot of ppl can't forgive him bc he bully a lot of ppl, lied and cheated for years and years and even after he hit caught he still lied and lied, only when he was in his knees he confess everything but that's after a lot if ppl for hurt and lied and he damaged the foundation he build.

I wouldn't tell him to kill himself but he needs to bring back the money he took, ask for a reall sorry not a fake one just bc u got caught and dedicate his time to talk and take action about drugs and sports.

It will change ppl's hearts.

And we he and sport is over, he should be per ban from any professional sports
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

Old 01-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #133
country flag Mimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
Hey Mimi it's so nice seeing u here.

I think a lot of ppl can't forgive him bc he bully a lot of ppl, lied and cheated for years and years and even after he hit caught he still lied and lied, only when he was in his knees he confess everything but that's after a lot if ppl for hurt and lied and he damaged the foundation he build.

I wouldn't tell him to kill himself but he needs to bring back the money he took, ask for a reall sorry not a fake one just bc u got caught and dedicate his time to talk and take action about drugs and sports.

It will change ppl's hearts.

And we he and sport is over, he should be per ban from any professional sports
for those who do not forgive him, i don't think they are going to change their opinion towards him no matter what remedies he does. So thats why, if i were him, i either would disapear quietly and live in seclusion or kill myself

Old 01-22-2013, 09:28 AM   #134
country flag Punky

But Mimi what about his family, I know he did a very bad thing but human life are more then that, he needs to live with his shame, he can't die, he is also a son, a father a husband.

His punishment is to live with a mark of disgrace all the days of I'd lives

Old 01-22-2013, 09:36 AM   #135
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
for those who do not forgive him, i don't think they are going to change their opinion towards him no matter what remedies he does. So thats why, if i were him, i either would disapear quietly and live in seclusion or kill myself
He has no sense of honor whatsoever, the idea of suicide won't enter his mind. Nor seclusion.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote