Sculpting a victory: A Pygmalion Slogan for the Australian Open! WINNER!!!! - Page 83 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-21-2013, 05:47 PM   #1231
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

9am for me,means no sleep for me,Nole you better win

Ajdeeee

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #1232
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sculpting a victory: A Pygmalion Slogan for the Australian Open! 4R v Wawrinka

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
Remember? Stan came back from Kazakhstan or wherever and left his wife and little baby so he could focus on his tennis priorities. He wouldn't even discuss it with his wife.

http://www.tennisperspective.com/201...on-tennis.html

http://www.tennistalk.com/en/news/20...ily_for_tennis
To be fair, he's back with his family now. I feel really sorry for his wife being treated like trash and then he wanted to be back and for the daughter's sake has to let him back to her life. So, he is still the greatest D***.
Lee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:12 PM   #1233
country flag Depeche

Depeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sculpting a victory: A Pygmalion Slogan for the Australian Open! QF v Berdych

I hope he comes out against Berdych as he did against Harrison. Novak admitted in the post-Wawrinka press conference that he hasn't played "nearly his best" didn't feel comfortable with "rhythm and ball striking." Part of me wonders if the new racquet has something to do with it (if he's actually even using it).

I keep thinking of his exhibition matches and wondering if they're further evidence that he's "off" somehow. The Tomic loss was bad, the others were okay but nothing too special or dominant except for his matches vs. Ferrer (Abu Dhabi) and Haas (Hopman Cup).

I just want to see him come out vs. Berdych with a dominant and take no prisoners approach.
Depeche is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:13 PM   #1234
country flag NID

NID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sculpting a victory: A Pygmalion Slogan for the Australian Open! 4R v Wawrinka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
To be fair, he's back with his family now. I feel really sorry for his wife being treated like trash and then he wanted to be back and for the daughter's sake has to let him back to her life. So, he is still the greatest D***.
well, i wrote that in the GM and my posts got deleted, together with durrr's rabid foaming.
NID is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #1235
country flag NID

NID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sculpting a victory: A Pygmalion Slogan for the Australian Open! QF v Berdych

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depeche View Post
I hope he comes out against Berdych as he did against Harrison. Novak admitted in the post-Wawrinka press conference that he hasn't played "nearly his best" didn't feel comfortable with "rhythm and ball striking." Part of me wonders if the new racquet has something to do with it (if he's actually even using it).

I keep thinking of his exhibition matches and wondering if they're further evidence that he's "off" somehow. The Tomic loss was bad, the others were okay but nothing too special or dominant except for his matches vs. Ferrer (Abu Dhabi) and Haas (Hopman Cup).

I just want to see him come out vs. Berdych with a dominant and take no prisoners approach.
probably not the racquet, its just a paintjob.
but yes, i was kinda worried when he lost to tomic, exho or no exho...
Old 01-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #1236
country flag Depeche

Depeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NID View Post
probably not the racquet, its just a paintjob.
but yes, i was kinda worried when he lost to tomic, exho or no exho...
I assumed it was just a paintjob but didn't really know what the deal was there, not too familiar with this stuff.

I wasn't worried about the Tomic loss at the time (assumed it was just jetlag, not giving 100%, prolonged New Years hangover, whatever) but there's been a pattern building of Novak playing only so-so (for him) tennis. I have no idea what the reason could be considering he played great in the final months of last year (except for USO final) and he's presumably well rested. Time for him to step it up vs. Berdych. He needs a short match because of a potential impending SF with Ferrgrinder.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #1237
country flag NID

i have the feeling that his best shot this year might actually be FO...
Old 01-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #1238
country flag Depeche

If he mugs it up again in a few hours I'll agree with you. But I'm hoping that the match vs. Wawrinka was enough of a wake-up call and he'll step out of this semi-funk...
Old 01-21-2013, 10:28 PM   #1239
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Nole has always been like this, up and down, more up than down to be honest, except his freak season. He simply has his off days. However you always can count on those days he will fight all his all. That's what I like about him, he can't expect to play at goat level every match or even half the matches, so then other factors count. To be nº 1 you need more than talent and skill. You need positivity, mental strenght, uber confidence, fight, spirit, patience... he has all that in spades. He will be fine.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:44 PM   #1240
country flag Yolita

Yolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond reputeYolita has a reputation beyond repute

Hi girls!

I'm back from the beach and I heard that there's been fireworks!

I left after a clinical performance vs Harrison and I come to find that Nole has already played his usual 5-setter 5-hour-long epic match!

I hope it works like the Tsonga match in Paris or the Troicki match in the 2012 USO: as a wake-up call and a confidence booster.

I'm definitely getting up at 2.30 am to watch. He obviously needs me watching and yelling at the TV!
Old 01-22-2013, 12:06 AM   #1241
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Lee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond reputeLee has a reputation beyond repute

I am surprised all those crucified Nole on taking MTO failed to appear in GM this time.

Oh! It's Stan, not Nole taking the MTO at critical moment, silly me!
Old 01-22-2013, 02:02 AM   #1242
country flag arod3425

arod3425 has a reputation beyond reputearod3425 has a reputation beyond reputearod3425 has a reputation beyond reputearod3425 has a reputation beyond reputearod3425 has a reputation beyond reputearod3425 has a reputation beyond reputearod3425 has a reputation beyond reputearod3425 has a reputation beyond reputearod3425 has a reputation beyond reputearod3425 has a reputation beyond reputearod3425 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh! It's Stan, not Nole taking the MTO at critical moment, silly me!
Novak can do no right for Fedtards.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:03 AM   #1243
country flag arod3425

arod3425 has a reputation beyond reputearod3425 has a reputation beyond reputearod3425 has a reputation beyond reputearod3425 has a reputation beyond reputearod3425 has a reputation beyond reputearod3425 has a reputation beyond reputearod3425 has a reputation beyond reputearod3425 has a reputation beyond reputearod3425 has a reputation beyond reputearod3425 has a reputation beyond reputearod3425 has a reputation beyond repute

Match starts at 1AM for me... hopefully we don't have a 5 hour marathon, I have class tomorrow.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:05 AM   #1244
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes. It's all water under the bridge now.

I think at the time, his wife thought it was something that could be solved if he would just talk to her about it, but he wouldn't.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:50 AM   #1245
country flag Lee
Gugaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by arod3425 View Post
Match starts at 1AM for me... hopefully we don't have a 5 hour marathon, I have class tomorrow.
It's 1:30am. I got it wrong at first but I edit my post later.

You live in the mountain time zone too?

Edit: just read the post that you are from Gilbert. I am the other poster mentioned by HKz that lives in the valley.

Last edited by Lee : 01-22-2013 at 05:53 AM.