Unofficial Live ATP Race Rankings [in post #1] - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 09:20 AM   #16
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unofficial Live ATP Race Rankings [in post #1]

Patience Slasher, patience. We are just two weeks into the season.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #17
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Ferrer will be number 3 in the race after this AO no matter what, and there is a chance he can be number 2, if Federer beats Murray and Djokovic beats Federer.
Slasher1985 is online now View My Blog!  
Old 01-24-2013, 09:16 PM   #18
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slasher1985 View Post
Ferrer will be number 3 in the race after this AO no matter what, and there is a chance he can be number 2, if Federer beats Murray and Djokovic beats Federer.
Why is he dependent upon Djokovic beating Federer? I thought he'd be #2 regardless of the final result if Federer beats Murray.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-25-2013, 03:36 AM   #19
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Why is he dependent upon Djokovic beating Federer? I thought he'd be #2 regardless of the final result if Federer beats Murray.
This is correct.

For a Fed-Nole final, If Federer wins the Final, Race:
1. Federer
2. Ferrer
3. Djokovic
4. Murray

If Djokovic wins the final, Race:
1. Djokovic
2. Ferrer
3. Federer
4. Murray

I am assuming Slasher got confused because he must not have realised that Djokovic had already got the points for reaching the final.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #20
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

It is very hard to compare with the official rankings here, since the ATP don't use the full tie-breaker rules for players with the same number of points. Should I change to the same rules as them, or still use the full tie-breaker rules for a more detailed ranking system?
Old 02-05-2013, 12:04 PM   #21
country flag n8

n8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond reputen8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I see there is not such interest for the Race as there was for the Rankings. There is not much activity here, and the thread ain't getting a sticky spot.
Sticky spots are limited. Maybe you could combine the contents of this OP with the OP of Unofficial Live ATP Rankings. And rename the title to Unofficial Live ATP Rankings and Race Rankings.
n8 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #22
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatRacket View Post
Sticky spots are limited. Maybe you could combine the contents of this OP with the OP of Unofficial Live ATP Rankings. And rename the title to Unofficial Live ATP Rankings and Race Rankings.
Limited you say? To how many spots? 6? I thought they could go to 8 easily.

If that is the case, maybe this can take the spot of the Age Group rankings, since they are in a way more important. Combining the rankings, I'm not really thinking of something like that since the OP is pretty crowded already.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #23
country flag guichard

guichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond repute

Interest will come. We still are very early in the season .

Sent from my iPod touch using VS Free
guichard is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #24
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If that is the case, maybe this can take the spot of the Age Group rankings, since they are in a way more important. Combining the rankings, I'm not really thinking of something like that since the OP is pretty crowded already.
I also think that this thread is more important than the Age group rankings, and that it would be better to separate it from the rankings thread, because if they are in the same thread, there will be too much confusion in the debates ... but yes, it would be interesting in the Race thread to compare the "Race rankings" with the "real rankings".

It's true that it's a bit early in the year as Guichard said for the Race to be a lot looked at, but from around Roland-Garros, it will already been followed more.

If there's a limitation problem in sticky threads, personally I would think of making the Age groups thread not sticky or diminish the number of age groups and put the Age group rankings in the OP of the rankings thread.
duong is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-05-2013, 02:38 PM   #25
country flag Pratik

My $0.02:
(Bold part)
Quote:
It is very hard to compare with the official rankings here, since the ATP don't use the full tie-breaker rules for players with the same number of points. Should I change to the same rules as them, or still use the full tie-breaker rules for a more detailed ranking system?
Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
I also think that this thread is more important than the Age group rankings, and that it would be better to separate it from the rankings thread, because if they are in the same thread, there will be too much confusion in the debates ... but yes, it would be interesting in the Race thread to compare the "Race rankings" with the "real rankings".

It's true that it's a bit early in the year as Guichard said for the Race to be a lot looked at, but from around Roland-Garros, it will already been followed more.

If there's a limitation problem in sticky threads, personally I would think of making the Age groups thread not sticky or diminish the number of age groups and put the Age group rankings in the OP of the rankings thread.
+1
This NEEDS to be sticky.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #26
country flag asmazif

asmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond reputeasmazif has a reputation beyond repute

has anyone been having problems with the ATP site (i.e. getting it to display properly) past week or two, or is it just my laptop?
Henman / Edberg / Stich / Safin / Gambill / Grosjean / Malisse / Gonzo / Llodra / Santoro / Rafter / Agassi / Schalken / Nováček / Rosewall / Ashe / H-T Lee / Kuerten / Boetsch / Pavel / Sundström / Björkman / Scud / El Aynaoui / Arazi / Calleri / Sampras / Nalbandian / Mosquito / Srichaphan / Pioline
asmazif is online now View My Blog!  
Old 02-09-2013, 12:11 AM   #27
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I'm putting in my vote for making this a sticky. Maybe it's early in the year but the Race tells you who's in good form in this season, very helpful. The Ranking and The Race serve different purposes and I am one of those who keep track of both even if ATP doesn't show The Race until maybe summer.

And Slasher, thanks for doing the Race too. I keep wanting to goodrep you but it's not allowed. I want to tell you your baby is sooooooooo very cute.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-09-2013, 04:42 AM   #28
country flag Stefwhit

Stefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond reputeStefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

I for one appreciate threads like this. It helps me mentally keep straight how many tournaments certain players have played and get a true sense of who's playing good ball!
Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!  
Old 02-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #29
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
I'm putting in my vote for making this a sticky. Maybe it's early in the year but the Race tells you who's in good form in this season, very helpful. The Ranking and The Race serve different purposes and I am one of those who keep track of both even if ATP doesn't show The Race until maybe summer.
I like the Race for the same reason as you : even in the beginning of the year like that, it at least shows in-form players. I like both the Race and the rankings which are also really differentiated except in the end of the year.

Now the ATP shows the Race : if you click on "Singles Race to London" :

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Rankings/YTD-Singles.aspx

but the difference with Slasher's one is still that they don't calculate it "live" but only every monday.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #30
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Now the ATP shows the Race : if you click on "Singles Race to London" :
Oh, they do now, already. That's nice. Thanks for pointing that out. In the previous years, it was always only showing up later in the season, so I assumed it's like that this year, didn't even look for it. It's great then, eventhough I think the ATP site sucks (it always stucks especially the H to H feature), but at least it's there.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread