♕ 2013 Australian Open ♕ - SF loss to Murray 4-6 7-6(5) 3-6 7-6(2) 2-6 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-11-2013, 04:43 AM   #31
country flag Fed_Ds

Fed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond reputeFed_Ds has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ♕ 2013 Australian Open ♕ - Waiting for the main draw.

what a draw
Rog: just do what you gotta do,man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediFed View Post
Challenge accepted. See you in the finals.
Yes!!
Fed_Ds is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2013, 05:45 AM   #32
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Jedi Fed for your optimism!

Paire might be dangerous but that match and the Davydenko match might be the exact warm up matches he needs.

I don't expect Kolya to hit the form he did against Ferrer in Doha, while playing Fed. He has issues with Fed.
“What a fate: to be condemned to work for a firm where the slightest negligence at once gave rise to the gravest suspicion! Were all the employees nothing but a bunch of scoundrels, was there not among them one single loyal devoted man who, had he wasted only an hour or so of the firm's time in the morning, was so tormented by conscience as to be driven out of his mind and actually incapable of leaving his bed?”
- G.S; before his inevitable demise
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:49 AM   #33
country flag mlrf11

Location: That soft pink cloud where "my avatar" sent me. ♡ ♡ ♡
mlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond reputemlrf11 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm wondering why in his draw there aren't Djokovic and Berdych?
I've never seen a worst draw.
When he was #1 he had Murray and nn ow it would be logical to have Ferrer or not???

And I'm asking to myself where are the wc and qualified or #70s #80s???

So Roger to arrive to the final has to do battle after battle(this can prepare him for a tough final as in Indian Wells but it can happen as at the Olympics) and Djokovic, we can consider,
is yet the 1st finalist.
In tennis you never can know but the way to push him out is kiling him as the Tipsy's video shows.
17 7 ⓇⒻ = Ⓣⓗⓔ ⓉⒺⓃⓃⒾⓈ #1 302

♡ ☼ ❤ ⓇⓄⒼⒺⓇ ❤ ☼ ♡
————————————————————————————————————————
* Haas * Dimitrov * Tsonga * Wawrinka *
The "Who plays tennis?" thread
mlrf11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:24 AM   #34
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like him to DESTROY Berdych in QF

But still... Except Murray, I like the draw. I expect epic matches.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:55 AM   #35
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ♕ 2013 Australian Open ♕ - R1 vs Paire

I meant, I'd have liked that

COME ON ROG!
Old 01-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #36
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger the Dodger View Post
I don't expect Kolya to hit the form he did against Ferrer in Doha, while playing Fed. He has issues with Fed.
if anything, he's very motivated against Fed.

His best matches of the year 2012 (Rotterdam) and 2010 (Australian open and Cincy) he played against Fed whereas being very disappointing in the rest of his year.

Fed has often won tight matches against him but it's not an easy match-up for him, he's seldom had easy matches.

Actually I think that if Fed doesn't reach his best level in that first week, Fed's best chance in that first week would be a warm weather as for Paire, Davydenko and Tomic, fitness may be a weak point.
duong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:57 AM   #37
country flag buzz

buzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
There's no other choice but to be incredibly fit and great from the start in his first tournament of the year at 30 years old.

All of his first three rounds' opponents can be very very dangerous : Paire, Davydenko, Tomic or Klizan.

Next rounds are better and then there's Murray but I can't look that far, as these first rounds are the worst he's had in years, and precisely the year when he hasn't had warm-up tournaments !

Either he's in one of his best slam forms of recent years or it can be finished early.
If he is in mediocre slam form I expect him to reach qf/sf pretty straight forward. And mediocre is what happens most. I feel that some exho at the start of the year doesn't really matter, Federer himself said that he thought a training session would be more important.

For me because of the hard draw the chances are a little higher that he exits in rd2 or 3. but still he didn't make QFs for almost ten years because he has troubles with/is vulnerable against unseeded players!

by the way, your favourite player is 31 years old. It seems like now he won a slam again everyone calls him a 30year old, where last year when he was actually 30 he was called 31
buzz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #38
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz View Post
If he is in mediocre slam form I expect him to reach qf/sf pretty straight forward. And mediocre is what happens most. I feel that some exho at the start of the year doesn't really matter, Federer himself said that he thought a training session would be more important.

For me because of the hard draw the chances are a little higher that he exits in rd2 or 3. but still he didn't make QFs for almost ten years because he has troubles with/is vulnerable against unseeded players!

by the way, your favourite player is 31 years old. It seems like now he won a slam again everyone calls him a 30year old, where last year when he was actually 30 he was called 31
This is a language effect. Duong means "More than 30" - ergo after his 30th birthday - when he says 30, which is not uncommon in French.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:19 PM   #39
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
This is a language effect. Duong means "More than 30" - ergo after his 30th birthday - when he says 30, which is not uncommon in French.
well, yes, I was approximate : in the common language, "30" is a common "barrier", it's the first figure of the age number,

but in tennis maybe I should be more precise as when looking at precise figures, 31 seems to be more of a barrier than 30.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #40
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ♕ 2013 Australian Open ♕ - R1 vs Paire

Don't particularly like this draw, but on the other hand all the dangerous players he might face before the quarters are players he owns. Still, this is one of the best chances for a while for a pre-quarter exit. Let's hope it doesn't happen.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:32 PM   #41
country flag buzz

buzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
well, yes, I was approximate : in the common language, "30" is a common "barrier", it's the first figure of the age number,

but in tennis maybe I should be more precise as when looking at precise figures, 31 seems to be more of a barrier than 30.
Oh ok, personally I would say something like "someone over 30" when I am approximating. My English isn't that good so didn't comprehend I guess... Anyway doesn't really bother me as much as when people were claiming he was the first in Xyears reaching the french semi at 31 when he actually was 30 years and a bit . As if we need to make up records for Federer
buzz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #42
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Allez Roger!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #43
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

I think Roger is going to silence all his critics again.
“What a fate: to be condemned to work for a firm where the slightest negligence at once gave rise to the gravest suspicion! Were all the employees nothing but a bunch of scoundrels, was there not among them one single loyal devoted man who, had he wasted only an hour or so of the firm's time in the morning, was so tormented by conscience as to be driven out of his mind and actually incapable of leaving his bed?”
- G.S; before his inevitable demise
Roger the Dodger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #44
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i really hope so
\it will be great if he could win another AO and pass Agassis wins in AO
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:41 PM   #45
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz View Post
Oh ok, personally I would say something like "someone over 30" when I am approximating. My English isn't that good so didn't comprehend I guess... Anyway doesn't really bother me as much as when people were claiming he was the first in Xyears reaching the french semi at 31 when he actually was 30 years and a bit . As if we need to make up records for Federer
oh I was approximate, doesn't mean that it was colloquial English, I'm French and if it's anything, it would be a "colloquial French speaking error"

Quote:
no idea who you're talking about who would "criticize Fed"