Rogie and the AO SF Streak... - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Will Rogie make his 10th Consecutive AO SF?

Yes 17 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-23-2012, 01:25 AM   #1
country flag theseth1119

theseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rogie and the AO SF Streak...

Will Rogie make his 10th consecutive AO SF?
theseth1119 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 01:28 AM   #2
country flag theseth1119

theseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rogie and the AO SF Streak...

I have predicted also on this forum event by event what I think Rogie will do in 2013. My belief is that Rogie will lose to Murray in the SF (first loss to Murray in a grand slam and I'm assuming they'll be in the same half, with Rafa and Djokovic in the other half). Of course I'm also assuming in the first 2 weeks of January that Rafa and Ferrer don't flip-flop positions at #4 and #5, or otherwise one the top players would, gulp, have to face Rafa in the QF.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:41 AM   #3
country flag theseth1119

Only 290 points separate Rafa and Ferrer, so them flip-floping in time for the AO is quite possible. Imagine a 5th seeded Rafa having to face Murray in the QF, Rogie in the SF, and then Djokovic in the F (Djokovic beating Ferrer in the other SF). I just realized that while the top 4 wouldn't want to have to face Rafa in just the QF, at the same time, he'd have to possibly beat 3 big names instead of 2 to win the 2013 AO. Being seeded 5th at the 2013 AO would be death for Rafa.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:53 AM   #4
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

wow i had no idea about this streak!
Old 11-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #5
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

I voted!!
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:34 PM   #6
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theseth1119 View Post
I have predicted also on this forum event by event what I think Rogie will do in 2013. My belief is that Rogie will lose to Murray in the SF (first loss to Murray in a grand slam and I'm assuming they'll be in the same half, with Rafa and Djokovic in the other half). Of course I'm also assuming in the first 2 weeks of January that Rafa and Ferrer don't flip-flop positions at #4 and #5, or otherwise one the top players would, gulp, have to face Rafa in the QF.
They can't. it's just not possible. Nadal is confirmed as #4 seed provided noone withdraws.

I believe he'll make the SF. I hope he'll draw Nadal, who I don't think will make the SF in his first major after a six month layoff. Could be a good chance for the final. We'll see when the time comes
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:40 AM   #7
country flag theseth1119

Yes, it's likely Rafa doesn't even make the SF at the 2013 AO after 6 months off. I think it could very well be a Djokovic vs. Murray final like in 2011, but much more competitive this time (assuming they're on opposite sides of the draw of course).
Old 11-25-2012, 08:01 AM   #8
country flag Haste

Haste has a reputation beyond reputeHaste has a reputation beyond reputeHaste has a reputation beyond reputeHaste has a reputation beyond reputeHaste has a reputation beyond reputeHaste has a reputation beyond reputeHaste has a reputation beyond reputeHaste has a reputation beyond reputeHaste has a reputation beyond reputeHaste has a reputation beyond reputeHaste has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theseth1119 View Post
Yes, it's likely Rafa doesn't even make the SF at the 2013 AO after 6 months off. I think it could very well be a Djokovic vs. Murray final like in 2011, but much more competitive this time (assuming they're on opposite sides of the draw of course).
That's very true, a healthy in form Tsonga or Del Potro could knock him out since he will be rusty.

I think Fed will continue the streak regardless of who he has in his quarter, even Berdych shouldn't be able to take him out twice in a row.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:29 PM   #9
country flag saviopr

saviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond reputesaviopr has a reputation beyond repute

I'm believing in a final against Djokovic or Murray, and there all can happens. I also don't believe in Nadal reaching the semis.
saviopr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:54 AM   #10
country flag FedvsNole

FedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond reputeFedvsNole has a reputation beyond repute

I feel roger will be going into the aussie open 2013 healthy back and awesome serve like he had in 2012 till really post wimbledon.

2009 he went into aussie open with a shit serve and i think back issues but made the final

2010... he was fresh and healthy and played very well. I think he would have beaten djokovic had tsonga not taken him out since djokovic was not playing ridiculous at that point

2011: honestly even verus djokovic 2.0 at his best those sets could have easily gone fed's way and fed while he didn't play bad did not play his best for sure. hats off to nole he caught everyone off guard.

2012: so impressed fed even made it to the semis. Remember he was doubtful after hurting his back in qatar...
Had he not had to play nadal in those super cold conditions with that retarded break for fireworks who knows what happens. I could have seen fed beating nole this year had they played.

2013: even though fed didn't win world tour finals. I was impressed by his movement and general form at the end of the tournmanet in back to back matches with murray and nole. All fed was missing was his serve. The WTF court was AS SLOW AS I"VE EVER SEEN IT.

Australian open is definetely faster although a little higher bouncing but fed has not really had trouble with his backhand on that court bc it plays faster. I see fed resting his back and being smarter this year by not playing quatar and hopefully peaking qf and thereafter at the aussie open.

1. Fed always starts the year off really quick... actually faster than most players
2. You can bet your ass off he's taking extra good care of his back bc of last year and his serve will be 100%

3. He has extra time off. He'll be working on his serve, running forehand, and movement.
- Im confident his serve at the start of the season will be back to being serverer.... if he can move at least as well as he did at world tennis finals at aussie open he'll get to the semis for certain... and I feel he'll work more explosive drills to get to that running forehand. He'll need that if he wants to have any kind of chance to make it competitive let along beat djoker who will be waiting in the final.
FedvsNole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #11
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

Old 12-02-2012, 09:57 AM   #12
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

I was unaware of this record.

Just amazing.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:18 AM   #13
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

12 people voted correctly. Noone was wrong
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #14
country flag SUKTUEN