Tweeting from ITF tournaments is forbidden now - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #16
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tweeting from ITF tournaments is forbidden now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Man Frank View Post
who in their right
mind would waste time reading tweets?
no one would that's obvious. the point is the restricion applies to data transmission, regardless of it being a facebook post, a tweet, a live blog or whatever it is.
it's us who are giving this 'twitter' interpretation, if you look at the itf pdf document in no point is twitter mentioned.
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #17
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
of course you can, even if you get caught tweeting a score during a match it's not like they take you to jail. tons of people will use phones at ipads on courts so it's impossibile to prevent people from using these devices. what itf and atp people look for is suspicious individuals who are clearly there only to gamble or transmit data and trust me they are not hard to spot.
this, this and this.

there are always cheaters trying to screw the system and provide a service without paying for the goods, so the tournaments are trying to prevent this.
latso is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #18
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
this, this and this.

there are always cheaters trying to screw the system and provide a service without paying for the goods, so the tournaments are trying to prevent this.
Give me some examples?

I'm still lost as to what they think this will achieve? Seems like they are pandering to gambling companies by trying to stop court-side betting for good.
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #19
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Give me some examples?

I'm still lost as to what they think this will achieve? Seems like they are pandering to gambling companies by trying to stop court-side betting for good.
man atp and now itf got paid a lot of money by that dutch company and the swiss company. the least they can do is to enforce restrictions on data transmission from other sources.
the part between gambiling companies and the dutch company is another story.

a private customer subscribion to the dutch company service costs so much money is out of question someone is paying it so I wonder what their market is...

Last edited by motorhead : 01-07-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #20
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
man atp and now itf too (so it seems) got paid a lot of money by that dutch company. the least they can do is to enforce restrictions on data transmission from other sources.
the part between gambiling companies and the dutch company is another story.
the big question here is who's purchasing from the dutch company cause as far as I know the few websites who offer live betting are still sending their men at the venues (and here is your example).
a private customer subscribion to the dutch company service costs so much money is out of question someone is paying it so I wonder what their market is...
The money the ATP and ITF were paid, I presume it will go towards helping raise prize money in Futures? Of course not.

This deal stinks and it's difficult to understand who is behind it and what their motives are.
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #21
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

i dont think this rule was so strict at atp and challengers. i was a tournament employee myself and we had live coverage on facebook...

the chased people were the ones who used laptops in the stands (and even then, not tournament press office crew or other accreditation possessing journalists).

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #22
country flag philosophicalarf

philosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
what itf and atp people look for is suspicious individuals who are clearly there only to gamble or transmit data and trust me they are not hard to spot.
There were at least 3 at Bercy and WTF (that I know of), and none got spotted.

If you look at betfair, it's pretty obvious there's a courtsider at every single match, barring a few of the smallest matches at the most obscure 250s.
philosophicalarf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #23
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

I will never understand how providing a live score 5 seconds earlier than the official feed will benefit anyone. It's not like the official scoring is 30 minutes behind. This is too much pandering to hard-core gamblers. Millions of people watch tennis without feeling the need to bet on matches at all. Even if they play the occasional bracket pick'em contest, they have to fill out the entire thing, right down to the final match, before the first ball of round 1 is struck. Just get rid of betting on matches that have already started and you won't have a problem.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:38 PM   #24
country flag bjurra

bjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If an individual using his phone can tweet updates quicker than a company that is meant to be providing LIVE updates, then they are a joke of a company.
Exactly and that why the rules are ridiculous.
bjurra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #25
country flag bjurra

bjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
Just get rid of betting on matches that have already started and you won't have a problem.
Impossible to enforce.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:41 PM   #26
country flag motorhead
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophicalarf View Post

If you look at betfair, it's pretty obvious there's a courtsider at every single match, barring a few of the smallest matches at the most obscure 250s.
never said there are no courtsiders, there's plenty of them. all I'm saying is ATP 'employees' look for them sometimes. I got friends who got thrown out of tourneys and banned from them.
atp as even a list of these subjects with their names and faces to help recognise.

Last edited by motorhead : 01-07-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #27
country flag motorhead
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
i dont think this rule was so strict at atp and challengers. i was a tournament employee myself and we had live coverage on facebook...

the chased people were the ones who used laptops in the stands (and even then, not tournament press office crew or other accreditation possessing journalists).
a live coverage on facebook is not what atp guys are trying to prevent.
supervision at challengers is really not necessary.
Old 01-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #28
country flag bjurra

Quote:
the big question here is who's purchasing from the dutch company cause as far as I know the few websites who offer live betting are still sending their men at the venues (and here is your example).
Really? Who does that?
Old 01-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #29
country flag bjurra

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophicalarf View Post

It is quite comical how bad they are at spotting them.

What I dont understand is why it would pay for these companies to chase courtsiders. First of all, they use Betfair so they dont really affect bookmakers. Second of all, they dont transmit scores to any websites (if they do, please give me the link). The whole security apparatus is just annoying and a big waste of money.

And isn't the whole business model flawed? Let's say Bet365 pays lots of money for the scores. How hard is it for other bookmakers to copy Bet365s scores or to build some kind of feed?
Old 01-07-2013, 04:49 PM   #30
country flag motorhead
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjurra View Post
Really? Who does that?
pretty sure pinnacle and bet365 have their guy at the venue.

that's what asian bookies do to cover live betting of very small football matches.