Why Djokovic, Rogie, and Murray have the best chances of winning the 2013 AO... - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-04-2013, 01:34 AM   #1
country flag theseth1119

theseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why Djokovic, Rogie, and Murray have the best chances of winning the 2013 AO...

Djokovic: 2008-2012 he has gone 29-2 with a W, QF, QF, W, and W. He beat Tsonga, lost to Roddick in the QF by retiring, lost to Tsonga in the QF not feeling well, beat Murray, and then last year beat Rafa in a 5 set (7-5 in the 5th set)5 hour and 53 minute thriller. He has truly been the one to beat at the AO the past several years. He is looking to become the first male in the Open Era (since 1968) to win 3 consecutive AO titles and tie Agassi and Rogie for the most AO titles in the Open Era with 4 apiece. In his 8 years (2005-2012) Djokovic has never missed a grand slam and has gone 32-5 at the AO (next best over the 8 years after Rogie) and could very well be the one to beat again this year.

Rogie: He has made the SF or better at this event for 9 consecutive years now (W, SF, W, W, SF, F, W, SF, SF). Rogie's 5 losses in order were to Safin, Djokovic, Rafa, Djokovic, and Rafa. That's 4 titles, one runner up, and 4 semi finals. Rogie is the true model of consistency here making the SF or better year after year and I see it continuing in 2013. He's also 247-37 in 284 career grand slam matches, his 247 victories being the most ever for a male tennis player. 53-5 record from 2004-2012.

Murray: He has only really had success the past 3 years at the AO. He has gone 17-3 with a runner up in 2010 and 2011 and a SF in 2012, losing to Rogie and then Djokovic 2 years in a row. Murray has tended to do well here, although he was beaten in 3 sets in the 2010 and 2011 finals, he had a very close SF loss to Djokovic last year.

My $0.02: Djokovic and Rogie have the greatest chances of winning the 2013 AO and behind them is Murray and then the rest (i.e. Ferrer, Berdych, Del Potro, and Tsonga). I'm really hoping Rogie wins career GS #18 and AO #5 for the most AO titles ever for a male in the Open Era, but think Djokovic will win his 4th AO title tying Agassi and Rogie with 4 AO titles and winning his 6th grand slam title overall.
theseth1119 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 01:37 AM   #2
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Djokovic, Rogie, and Murray have the best chances of winning the 2013 AO...

you needed a thread for this?
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:38 AM   #3
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Djokovic, Rogie, and Murray have the best chances of winning the 2013 AO...

Murray has a better chance than Federer.

MULTISLAMRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

SPORTSPERSON OF THE YEAR 2013!!!!+ Humanitarian world no.1 2014
Moozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:44 AM   #4
country flag theseth1119

theseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond reputetheseth1119 has a reputation beyond repute

I have to disagree with you there. Rogie has had a more successful AO career, will be better rested than Murray at the AO, and if they meet in the SF (or F once again), although a while back I predicted Murray would finally get a win over Rogie in a grand slam, I now predict that Rogie will be victorious once again. However, Djokovic and Rogie are both hoping to have Ferrer in their SF and not Murray. They're also both hoping for Tipsarevic in their QF and not Berdych, Del Potro, or Tsonga.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:46 AM   #5
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theseth1119 View Post
I have to disagree with you there. Rogie has had a more successful AO career, will be better rested than Murray at the AO, and if they meet in the SF (or F once again), although a while back I predicted Murray would finally get a win over Rogie in a grand slam, I now predict that Rogie will be victorious once again. However, Djokovic and Rogie are both hoping to have Ferrer in their SF and not Murray. They're also both hoping for Tipsarevic in their QF and not Berdych, Del Potro, or Tsonga.
Problem is your beloved Rogie isn't getting any younger. If they meet in the AO murray will thrash the mug in straights.
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:55 AM   #6
country flag Honestly

Honestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond reputeHonestly has a reputation beyond repute

Rogie? Please tell me you are not really 29...
Old 01-04-2013, 02:00 AM   #7
country flag theseth1119

At best Murray can beat Rogie at the AO in 4 sets or 5 sets, but there's no way Murray beats Rogie at the 2013 AO in 3 sets. I can't wait for the draws to be announced on 1/11.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:10 AM   #8
country flag End da Game

End da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond reputeEnd da Game has a reputation beyond repute

fail thread
End da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:10 AM   #9
country flag Moozza

Moozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond reputeMoozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why will he be better rested? Murray is hardly going to be tired out after a few matches at Brisbane.

I think on these slow hard courts Murray would have enough to take out Federer.

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

Old 01-04-2013, 02:18 AM   #10
country flag theseth1119

Rogie owns Murray in matches that truly matter, 3-0 in grand slams and 3-1 in the World Tour Finals, that's 6-1 in the big 5 events (they never met at the FO, but 1-0 each at the AO, W, and USO, and won their 2009, 2010, and 2012 WTF meetings, lost in 2008). Until Murray can beat Rogie in a grand slam match, I'm not convinced he can.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:25 AM   #11
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Djokovic: 2008-2012 he has gone 29-2 with a W, QF, QF, W, and W. He beat Tsonga, lost to Roddick in the QF by retiring, lost to Tsonga in the QF not feeling well, beat Murray, and then last year beat Rafa in a 5 set (7-5 in the 5th set)5 hour and 53 minute thriller. He has truly been the one to beat at the AO the past several years. He is looking to become the first male in the Open Era (since 1968) to win 3 consecutive AO titles and tie Agassi and Rogie for the most AO titles in the Open Era with 4 apiece. In his 8 years (2005-2012) Djokovic has never missed a grand slam and has gone 32-5 at the AO (next best over the 8 years after Rogie) and could very well be the one to beat again this year.

Rogie: He has made the SF or better at this event for 9 consecutive years now (W, SF, W, W, SF, F, W, SF, SF). Rogie's 5 losses in order were to Safin, Djokovic, Rafa, Djokovic, and Rafa. That's 4 titles, one runner up, and 4 semi finals. Rogie is the true model of consistency here making the SF or better year after year and I see it continuing in 2013. He's also 247-37 in 284 career grand slam matches, his 247 victories being the most ever for a male tennis player. 53-5 record from 2004-2012.

Murray: He has only really had success the past 3 years at the AO. He has gone 17-3 with a runner up in 2010 and 2011 and a SF in 2012, losing to Rogie and then Djokovic 2 years in a row. Murray has tended to do well here, although he was beaten in 3 sets in the 2010 and 2011 finals, he had a very close SF loss to Djokovic last year.

My $0.02: Djokovic and Rogie have the greatest chances of winning the 2013 AO and behind them is Murray and then the rest (i.e. Ferrer, Berdych, Del Potro, and Tsonga). I'm really hoping Rogie wins career GS #18 and AO #5 for the most AO titles ever for a male in the Open Era, but think Djokovic will win his 4th AO title tying Agassi and Rogie with 4 AO titles and winning his 6th grand slam title overall.
so the top seeds literally, 1, 2, and 3 have the best odds in your opinion? wow this is revolutionary unecessary thread bro haha

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:36 AM   #12
country flag theseth1119

Well, I'm still amazed how well Djokovic and Rogie have performed here in their careers and throw Agassi in here later on in his life.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:46 AM   #13
country flag Moozza

Quote:
Rogie owns Murray in matches that truly matter, 3-0 in grand slams and 3-1 in the World Tour Finals, that's 6-1 in the big 5 events (they never met at the FO, but 1-0 each at the AO, W, and USO, and won their 2009, 2010, and 2012 WTF meetings, lost in 2008). Until Murray can beat Rogie in a grand slam match, I'm not convinced he can.
Wimbledon is the only old person friendly slam. A 31 year old won't be beating Murray or Djokovic over 5 sets on these slow hardcourts.

DISPUTABLE REAL NO.1

Old 01-04-2013, 02:48 AM   #14
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooza2011 View Post
Wimbledon is the only old person friendly slam. A 31 year old won't be beating Murray or Djokovic over 5 sets on these slow hardcourts.
lucky for him if he wins 3 sets he goes through
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:50 AM   #15
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

wow man what's next? Ferrer and Gasquet having the best chances for Doha?
nole_no1 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote