Most Over-rated/Over-hyped players on this forum - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-04-2013, 12:24 AM   #31
country flag Ichiban1920

Ichiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most Over-rated/Over-hyped players on this forum

Overrated:

Nadull

Raonic

Del Mugro
Ichiban1920 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 12:27 AM   #32
country flag Ichiban1920

Ichiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond reputeIchiban1920 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by End da Game View Post
all the next generation of 'stars' - tomic, raonic, nishikori

they're all mugs, a true weak era in the making
Weak era = 2005-2012.

Why? Because Nadull was somehow able to moonball and fluke his way to Grand Slam titles. Nadull is finished and will never moonball his way to another slam again.
Ichiban1920 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:01 AM   #33
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
You really are dumb. Not one of these three is truly overhyped.

Ferrer: Not overrated at all, because no one here expects him to win slams or even reach a slam final. People have realistic expectations of him, which you have a problem with because you so obviously UNDERrate him. This is the deal: you think Ferrer is too LIKED on this forum - but that is hardly the same thing.

Goffin: Same thing here. I haven't seen anyone hyping him, I've only heard said that he's one of the more talented youngsters - which is true. If your problem with him is that he has not yet achieved anything then the same goes for Tomic, Dimitrov etc. (Both of which are more "hyped", I would say.)

Rosol: Wrong yet again. The only reason he is mentioned as often as he is, is not because people expect great things from him but because mentioning his name is a very effective strategy for provoking sensitive Nadaltards who have basically sworn to hate him forever for that one Wimbledon match.
Tomic has reached QF at Wimbledon beating Soderling on the way, R4 in Australia beating some good players on the way. And he is a talented player; although he does kind of lack weapons, he does have the tennis IQ/understanding of the game that can't be taught. He could potentially be a great player although he doesn't seem in the right path at the moment. Not to mention he just recently turned 20.

Goffin, on the other hand, is 22 and never even reached an ATP semifinal. He literally has one good tournament in his entire career, RG 2012, where he beat Stepanek, Kubot and Clement as a lucky loser after losing to my crap countryman in the last round of quallies. That's it basically. He never beat or even pushed any of the current top 8/10, his game is one dimensional and he can be overpowered in ridiculously easy fashion (not just by big hitters). In short, he's a potential good ATP player, never a threat at the highest level by any stretch of the imagination. He's just overhyped because he loves Federer. I'm not kidding when I say he literally never did anything else btw, not even a 250 SF to show for.

As for Rosol, a lot of people have expressed surprise/disappointment at how he failed to build on after beating Nadal, which would be completely expected for anyone who had any knowledge of Rosol's game. He was never like Soderling, who had the potential to be a great player and only needed ong big result to break through, his game is too erratic to ever be any sort of consistent threat or even a good ATP player, he just happened to redline his game in the right day to become a cult hero.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:38 AM   #34
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Tomic has reached QF at Wimbledon beating Soderling on the way, R4 in Australia beating some good players on the way. And he is a talented player; although he does kind of lack weapons, he does have the tennis IQ/understanding of the game that can't be taught. He could potentially be a great player although he doesn't seem in the right path at the moment. Not to mention he just recently turned 20.

Goffin, on the other hand, is 22 and never even reached an ATP semifinal. He literally has one good tournament in his entire career, RG 2012, where he beat Stepanek, Kubot and Clement as a lucky loser after losing to my crap countryman in the last round of quallies. That's it basically. He never beat or even pushed any of the current top 8/10, his game is one dimensional and he can be overpowered in ridiculously easy fashion (not just by big hitters). In short, he's a potential good ATP player, never a threat at the highest level by any stretch of the imagination. He's just overhyped because he loves Federer. I'm not kidding when I say he literally never did anything else btw, not even a 250 SF to show for.

As for Rosol, a lot of people have expressed surprise/disappointment at how he failed to build on after beating Nadal, which would be completely expected for anyone who had any knowledge of Rosol's game. He was never like Soderling, who had the potential to be a great player and only needed ong big result to break through, his game is too erratic to ever be any sort of consistent threat or even a good ATP player, he just happened to redline his game in the right day to become a cult hero.
Couldnt agree more. Goffin is loved here cause he is Olderer lover. He has done nothing to be mentioned so many times as a good future player.

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:47 AM   #35
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Soderling could barely walk that day
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:52 AM   #36
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
Soderling could barely walk that day
This is a gross exaggeration. Yes, Soderling was not fully fit but it was still a pretty good performance from Tomic. Even if Soderling was fit, he'd have had his hands full; in case you forgot, Nole did have his hands full in their QF match.

Anyway, the point is Tomic has actually done something that could lead to some hype and he definitely has talent. Goffin has done nothing bar beating reknowned clay giants like Stepanek, Clement and Kubot at RG after being a lucky loser. Apart from that, his ATP career is a whole lot of nothing and he's already 22yo.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:05 AM   #37
country flag lucyfur

lucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond reputelucyfur has a reputation beyond repute

it's surprising how so many so called young talents have yet to win a single title and are already in their early twenties.
lucyfur is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:32 AM   #38
country flag Lestat

Lestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond repute

every living mug on pusher nation is way overrated in this forum, specially their queen, Mandy Mugray

all the guys on my signature have reached GS finals and even win some, so not overrated at all =)
Pusher Nation's Reign of Terror is coming to an end, their borders are conquered and we won't take any prisoners!
Get Ready King Mandy!

everytime Mandy wins, a little ballbasher kitty dies somewhere... Save kitties; support Ballbasher Nation
Lestat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:56 AM   #39
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
As for Rosol, a lot of people have expressed surprise/disappointment at how he failed to build on after beating Nadal, which would be completely expected for anyone who had any knowledge of Rosol's game.

Lol, who are those people, I don't remember any? Everybody expected he'll lose his next Wimbledon match, which he did.
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:03 AM   #40
country flag BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond reputeBauerAlmeida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alter ego View Post
Nalbandian by a mile. He has been overrated for the past 8 yeasrs because of his h2h against Fed (even though 5 out of his 8 wins came before Roger won his first slam and from 2003 onwards Federer has routined him 90% of the time).
Nalfatian has no serve, no consistency, no athleticism he has been subject to many surprise losts in major tournaments and has got just 1 GS final 10 years ago, yet people still think he is a dark horse to win something big.
LOL. At least check your facts before typing. 3 wins were before Federer's first slam. And although he didn't have a slam he was already an established player.

And he was far from routining him 90% of the time. Some matches could've gone either way like Rome 2006, RG 2006 when Nalbandian was leading before getting injured, MC 2005 at the RR, AO 2004.

Anyway, on topic. A lot of "youngsters" from the new generation. That aren't really that young and have achieved NOTHING. Tomic, Dimitrov, Harrison, Goffin, Janowicz (one good tournament only, and in dubious circumstances), Klizan and to a lesser extent Raonic. And although I like them Dolgopolov and Nishikori should really start proving what they have because they're not getting any younger.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:31 AM   #41
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

Dull off clay

On clay he'smaybe the best ever

Off clay he he a losing record in finals at Wimbledon
Ben routined by mugs at the bc slams
Gifted us open 2010

Doesn't have wtf

No 90% winning seasons

Never defended a Mon clay title.

Federer and mole own him on the non clay h2hs
Old 01-04-2013, 04:43 AM   #42
country flag Chase Visa

Chase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond repute

Dolgopolov - some people talk about him as a future star but he's older than Delpo who actually won a Slam. Good player to watch but won't be one of the big guns.

Rosol - most people hype him up as the next big thing, yet he's done nothing apart from beating Nadal.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:57 AM   #43
country flag 70-68

70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute

I would say the youngsters, but they still have a lot of time ahead of them, so they might do something meaningful later.
70-68 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:59 AM   #44
country flag 70-68

70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute70-68 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
every living mug on pusher nation is way overrated in this forum, specially their queen, Mandy Mugray

all the guys on my signature have reached GS finals and even win some, so not overrated at all =)
The mug pusher queen alone has better career results than your ballbasher boys combined
Old 01-04-2013, 07:02 AM   #45
country flag 70-68

Quote:
Ferrer - no explanations needed.

Goffin - has done nothing of any note at the ATP level at 22yo and yet is hyped to be a future Slam winner. Maybe reaching a 250 final first wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Rosol - yes, he beat Nadal, but that's all he did. His game is too erratic to ever be more than a low level ATP player.
NID.