Dimitrov or Tomic? - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #91
country flag Brick Top

Brick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dimitrov or Tomic?

Dimitrov by large margin! Tomug is a mental midget who will end up with below mediocore career.
Hewitt = Llegend
Berdych - Hand of Justice
Iron STan = Saviour of tennis
Villains
Nadull - moonballer with zero talent
Olderer - semiretired ballerina
Tomic - overrated mug who will never win anything big
Brick Top is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2013, 10:10 PM   #92
country flag sunsfuns

sunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond reputesunsfuns has a reputation beyond repute

In 4 years Federer will be gone, but I could easily see Djokovic, Murray, del Potro and Nadal (health allowing) still winning GS titles. So it's not a must that some these younger guys have to win them. Having said that I like Dimitrov the best from this group (Tomic, Raonic and Goffin being the others).
Old 01-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #93
country flag Roger the Dodger

Roger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond reputeRoger the Dodger has a reputation beyond repute

Shame on Dimitrov. Losing first round at Sydney after only one week at Brisbane. Can't play two weeks in a row in the beginning of the year. Only stylizing his game around TMF, while what he needs is a Nadal like workout.

Tomic on the other hand is moving from strength to strength. First he sweated it out on Hopman Cup all last week and now he gains a career defining victory over Matosevic. What a player!
Down in the street little eddies of wind were whirling dust and torn paper into spirals, and though the sun was shining and the sky a harsh blue, there seemed to be no color in anything, except the posters that were plastered everywhere. The black mustachioed face gazed down from every commanding corner. There was one on the house-front immediately opposite.BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU, the caption said, while the dark eyes looked deep into Winston's own. Down at street level another poster, torn at one corner, flapped fitfully in the wind, alternately covering and uncovering the single word INGSOC. (1.1.4)
Roger the Dodger is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:19 PM   #94
country flag Barratennisbhoy

Barratennisbhoy is on a distinguished road

Dimitrov if he ever realises his potential.

More of a complete game than Tomic, but who knows in Tennis. You would have predicted years ago that Gasquet or Monfils would've won a slam by now, so maybe neither Dimitrov or Tomic will ever win a slam.

Last edited by Barratennisbhoy : 01-08-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Barratennisbhoy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #95
country flag yuri27

yuri27 has a reputation beyond reputeyuri27 has a reputation beyond reputeyuri27 has a reputation beyond reputeyuri27 has a reputation beyond reputeyuri27 has a reputation beyond reputeyuri27 has a reputation beyond reputeyuri27 has a reputation beyond reputeyuri27 has a reputation beyond reputeyuri27 has a reputation beyond reputeyuri27 has a reputation beyond reputeyuri27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barratennisbhoy View Post
Dimitrov if he ever realises his potential.

More of a complete game than Tomic, but who knows in Tennis. You would have predicted years ago that Gaquet or Monfils would've won a slam by now, so maybe neither Dimitrov or Tomic will ever win a slam.
They are french so by definition, they were cursed from the beginning when it comes to Slams.
yuri27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:02 PM   #96
country flag coluta

coluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond reputecoluta has a reputation beyond repute

@TennisConnected: Delpo tells the Rotterdam crowd that Dimitrov will be No. 1 in very soon. That's a big compliment from Delpo.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:05 PM   #97
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by coluta View Post
@TennisConnected: Delpo tells the Rotterdam crowd that Dimitrov will be No. 1 in very soon. That's a big compliment from Delpo.
He also said Monfils would be back to the top soon and that Gulbis would be top 20. In other words, he's very nice and complimentary to all his opponents, I wouldn't take that 'prediction' at face value.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #98
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
He also said Monfils would be back to the top soon and that Gulbis would be top 20. In other words, he's very nice and complimentary to all his opponents, I wouldn't take that 'prediction' at face value.
Del Po is only 2 and half years older than Dimitrov, and I don't think he believes for one sec that Dimitrov is going to pass him at any point
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #99
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lenders View Post
Or maybe he was impressed with Dimitrov's game and really believed what he said. I would take Del Potro's word over the nonsense you post any day.
Hypnotize is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:48 PM   #100
country flag Julián Santiago

Julián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond reputeJulián Santiago has a reputation beyond repute

I think this time Mark Lenders is 100% right about this
Julián Santiago is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #101
country flag Mark Lenders

Mark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond reputeMark Lenders has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
Or maybe he was impressed with Dimitrov's game and really believed what he said. I would take Del Potro's word over the nonsense you post any day.
Yup, that must be it: https://twitter.com/abnamrowttNL/sta...04747902132224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
Del Po is only 2 and half years older than Dimitrov, and I don't think he believes for one sec that Dimitrov is going to pass him at any point
Yup. Even if he does pass Delpo and eventually becomes #1 - a scenario I don't really believe in but won't rule out either - it sure as hell isn't happening 'soon' given how far he is at the moment - he never even got past R2 of a Slam yet.
Mark Lenders is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #102
country flag born_on_clay

born_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond reputeborn_on_clay has a reputation beyond repute

Dimitrov > Tomic.
Always.
Ever.
64 Titles | 27 Masters 1000 |Olympic Games Singles Gold Medalist | 139 Weeks at no.1
3 year end no.1 | 4 Davis Cups | 699 singles match wins
born_on_clay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #103
country flag Lestat

Lestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond reputeLestat has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=Mark Lenders;13545330]Yup, that must be it: https://twitter.com/abnamrowttNL/sta...04747902132224

big difference now.

It's funny that everyone here are wondering who of these kids will be the best while Raonic shares the same age developed earlier, is almost top ten, have won 3 tournaments and have beaten top ten players as Mandy. I not even like this kind of player but, these two boys are way overrated compared to the canadian

Pusher Nation's Reign of Terror is coming to an end, their borders are conquered and we won't take any prisoners!
Get Ready King Mandy!

everytime Mandy wins, a little ballbasher kitty dies somewhere... Save kitties; support Ballbasher Nation
Lestat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:10 PM   #104
country flag VamosRafaNadal

VamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond repute

I think that Dimitrov has a better mental strength than Tomic, he is more developed as a emergent top player than Tomic. When Bernard is 'on fire' he plays very very well, with this game he can do great things, but in overall I think that Tomic has a more long way to follow in order to be a consolidated top player.
FITD: #12 (Best: #9) | Runner-up: Cincinnati 2013
PAW: #11 (Best: #11) | Titles: Indian Wells 2013
Suicide Tennis: #3 (Best: #1) | Titles: Cincinnati 2013
Tennis Tipping - Singles: #10 (Best: #10) | Titles: ATP Houston 2014 | Final: US OPEN 2013, Arad CH 2013, Tampere CH 2013, Poitiers Fut 2014
Tennis Tipping - Doubles: #67 (Best: #67) Titles: ATP Nice 2014 (w/gak3) | Final: Dallas CH 2014 (w/orangehat), Binghamton CH 2013 (w/randy72391)
Rafael Nadal: The King of Clay. The Warrior. The Mental Giant.
Richard Gasquet - Dominic Thiem - Santiago Giraldo - Kei Nishikori
Dimitrov - Wawrinka - Youzhny - Haas - Cilic - Gulbis - Berankis - Fucsovics - McGee - Lizariturry
VamosRafaNadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote