most impressive latin-american player 2004 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: the most latin-american player of 2004

Guillermo Coria, TMC Monte Carlo Champion 7 12.50%
David Nalbandian, Telecom Italia Masters Roma Finalist 4 7.14%
Nicolás Massú, Olympics Gold Champion 18 32.14%
Fernando González, Olympics Silver and Viña del Mar Champion 2 3.57%
Gastón Gaudio, Roland Garros Champion 25 44.64%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2004, 03:29 AM   #1
tennischick

tennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond repute
Question most impressive latin-american player 2004

whom do you think has been the most impressive latin-american player this year?

ANDY RODDICK: Motivation? No. I enjoy what I do. I enjoy what I do. You know, I've never been one to, you know, blow off practice or, you know, do anything like that.

You know, I'd be lying if I said I'm looking forward to practicing the next two days as opposed to playing here. That part is gonna suck...(2010 Aegon Championships)
tennischick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2004, 03:44 AM   #2
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: most impressive latin-american player 2004

To me Luis Horna is the most improved player, but as for the most impressive player the question isn't that easy to answer.

Massu :Winning the Olympics in singles and doubles on a fast hardcourt when he hadn't won a match on that surface was outstanding and the fact that he played for 26 hours to do so was very impressive.

Gaudio: Gaston coming from nowhere and winning 2 5 setters in the first two rounds of the French Open against very tough opponents, then showing his abilities and fighting spirit in his toughest match and outlasted his opponent to win RG was great as well.

Nalbandian: He performed very well on such a shitty preparation and having so many injuries after the Aus Open and to finish in the top 10 and make the semis on his worst surface was very impressive.

Coria: Well making a grass final so quickly after that disappointment at RG. Apart from Rebound Ace he has already made a final on every surface and is trying to improve his game on all surfaces, so full kudos to him and that's impressive.

Gonzalez: He is Gonzo, taking out Roddick at the Olympics, being a very spectacular player and very fun to watch and overcoming his major disappointment in not fighting for the gold and winning the bronze medal for Chile was impressive.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 03:59 AM   #3
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

I voted for Massu. His big performance of the year may have only been one week, but what a week it was

Sorry, Gaudio

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 04:02 AM   #4
country flag Jorge

Jorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond reputeJorge has a reputation beyond repute

Being an olympic year and considering the impact that his two gold medals had around the world and especially in South America and his homeland, I've to say: Nicolás Massú
Jorge is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 08:59 AM   #5
country flag RonE

RonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond repute

I voted for Gaston- those two weeks in Paris were just surreal
RonE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 09:12 AM   #6
country flag Mrs. B
MY BOY HAS 17 GRAND SLAMS

Mrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond reputeMrs. B has a reputation beyond repute

i voted for Gaston, too. surprising everyone with that unbelievable 5 setter. who would have thought!

FRENCH KISS
Mrs. B is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 09:29 AM   #7
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

I was really torn on this one - do I vote for David for all the reasons GWH gave earlier (two TMS finals and staying in the Top 10 after all those injuries), for Gaston, or for Nico Massu? In the end I went with Gaston - sorry David

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 09:39 AM   #8
country flag sol

sol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond reputesol has a reputation beyond repute

I voted for Gaston.

Why isn't Cañas in this poll?. He won 3 titles, was runner-up in Vienna, and reached semis in Paris. He also had to recover a lot of ranking.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ujo/Noel37.gif

->Support the Fabrice "The Magic" Santoro Forum Request<-

sol is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 10:19 AM   #9
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

My golden boy Nico

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 11:11 AM   #10
country flag *Ljubica*
Occasional Visitor

*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute*Ljubica* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol
I voted for Gaston.

Why isn't Cañas in this poll?. He won 3 titles, was runner-up in Vienna, and reached semis in Paris. He also had to recover a lot of ranking.
That's true - he should be there.

Supporting Djoković, Tipsarević, Soderling, Tursunov, Youzhny, Cilić and quite a few more
*Ljubica* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 11:16 AM   #11
country flag jazz_girl

jazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond reputejazz_girl has a reputation beyond repute

I voted for Gastón, because I think winning RG is the greatest achivement. Then I would have voted for Cañas, he begun the year being 270 and now he's 11! And for David too, having played so little and missing so many important tournaments he managed to stay in the top ten
jazz_girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 11:18 AM   #12
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

Gaston, without a doubt.
Old 11-16-2004, 11:45 AM   #13
country flag novanora

novanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond reputenovanora has a reputation beyond repute

i vote for Gaston the fabulous RG performance deserves this most impressive award, that's for sure.

But another hot Houston substitute, at least, should deserve a choice for this vote
novanora is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 11:48 AM   #14
country flag SuperFurryAnimal

SuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

I voted for Massu... even though he 'stole' the Olympics doubles gold from my man Rainer ... But it was an amazing performance... the first gold medals for Chile in the Olympic history! What a joy for that country it must have been!

Member of the Mohamed Lahyani Appreciation Society

Visit AZ FANPAGE
SuperFurryAnimal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 03:59 PM   #15
Kathy

Kathy has a reputation beyond reputeKathy has a reputation beyond reputeKathy has a reputation beyond reputeKathy has a reputation beyond reputeKathy has a reputation beyond reputeKathy has a reputation beyond reputeKathy has a reputation beyond reputeKathy has a reputation beyond reputeKathy has a reputation beyond reputeKathy has a reputation beyond reputeKathy has a reputation beyond repute

When Nicolas Massu walked around the court with the Chilean flag wrapped around him, I was very moved and appreciated so much what that man had done in the past 24 hours not just for his country but for the game of tennis. It was remarkable and inspirational.
Kathy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote