What do you think of the Wilson T2000 racket ? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-31-2012, 11:20 PM   #1
country flag lightbulb

lightbulb is on a distinguished road
Default What do you think of the Wilson T2000 racket ?

I would like to know what other tennis players think of the Wilson T2000 steel framed tennis racket which was mainly used in the 1970's ? It was quite a heavy racket with a small head & if you miss hit the ball on the steel frame the vibrations would hurt your arm. On the other hand when you did hit the tennis ball in the center of the racket head a powerful shot resulted. Jimmy Conners had great success with this particular racket but I'm not sure of any other tennis players who used it at the time ? Personally I used this Wilson T2000 racket for both a "touch" & "power" game & believe it's the "greatest" designed & made tennis racket of all time !
lightbulb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #2
country flag Caesar1844

Caesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond reputeCaesar1844 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you think of the Wilson T2000 racket ?

O hai Jimmy.
Caesar1844 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #3
country flag Shanerio

Shanerio is on a distinguished road

Wilson tennis rackets are of good quality. I also like to play tennis with Wilson tennis rackets.
Shanerio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:51 AM   #4
country flag Shanerio

Shanerio is on a distinguished road

Wilson makes very good quality tennis rackets.
Shanerio is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:30 AM   #5
country flag Deuce*

Deuce* has a reputation beyond reputeDeuce* has a reputation beyond reputeDeuce* has a reputation beyond reputeDeuce* has a reputation beyond reputeDeuce* has a reputation beyond reputeDeuce* has a reputation beyond reputeDeuce* has a reputation beyond reputeDeuce* has a reputation beyond reputeDeuce* has a reputation beyond reputeDeuce* has a reputation beyond reputeDeuce* has a reputation beyond repute

The T2000 was a trampoline.
It was not particularly well made, and broke easily.

That said, it is one of the classic racquets of all time - mostly because of what it represented at the time. It was something new and different - and innovative. Connors loved it - so much so that when he ran out of them, and Wilson refused to make more for him (the racquet had been discontinued), Connors publicly appealed to fans for the racquet. He had fans searching their garages and basements - he was looking for models with a particular serial number.
With the help of the fans, he lasted another little while with the T2000 before finally giving in and helping to create the graphite/Kevlar Pro Staff 6.0 85 sq. in. frame, which Stefan Edberg and Pete Sampras would later make famous.
Deuce* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:09 PM   #6
country flag allpro

allpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond reputeallpro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce* View Post
The T2000 was a trampoline.
It was not particularly well made, and broke easily.
+1

tiny sweet spot, poor quality, very flexible, and difficult to control. it boggles my mind how JC reached the everest of tennis using this p.o.s. (perhaps he played a modified version?). wilson jack kramer autograph and jack kramer pro staff were infinitely superior rackets at the time.
allpro is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote