New ATP livescore : complaining thread - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-31-2012, 01:55 PM   #1
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute
Angry New ATP livescore : complaining thread

I don't know what you think of the new ATP livescore but I loved the previous one and hate this new one :

http://www.protennislive.com/lshd/ma...worldtour.com/

1. on internet explorer I'm stuck on homepage, it works on firefox though

2. when you want to see matchstats of a current match and it's not the main court match, it automatically jumps to the main court match 2 seconds after seeing the stats of the match you wanted !! Impossible to see the stats of the match I wanted for more than 2 seconds !

3. the matchstats are too large for my screen : I have to roll down everytime instead of having a full vision as I could have with the ancient livescores.

Why is it that on the modern web, people always try to make better looking sites but which work like shit when their simple old ones worked well ?

Also Stevegtennis used to be such a simple site and working well and now they make it more complicated and better-looking but it's so much longer to load and I have many more problems

I may be very old-fashioned but I used to like the web much more 2 years ago when it was maybe less good-looking but working so much better

If you know a simple website (and where you don't have to register with your credit card like bet365) which has stats for a current match, please tell me
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New ATP livescore : complaining thread

I was seriously just about to make this thread. It's pretty, but it bounces me between matches, doesn't work half the time, and break points saved is listed as break points won.

The old scoreboard still works, you just have to enter the current week (eg season 2013 week 1):
http://www.protennislive.com/framese...bno=2&eventid=

Robredo, Matosevic, Estrella, Dolgopolov, Janowicz, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez, Thiem
emotion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
country flag arm

arm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond reputearm has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know about this one, but I certainly did not love the last one.
arm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by djokovicgonzalez View Post
The old scoreboard still works, you just have to enter the current week:
oh I'm so so grateful to you
Old 12-31-2012, 02:14 PM   #5
country flag philosophicalarf

philosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond repute

Was wondering what all the moaning about the new livescore was ........... then I tried it.

It's as bad as the IBM slamtracker.
philosophicalarf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:15 PM   #6
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

The new livescore sucks big time
nole_no1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:19 PM   #7
country flag Adri89

Adri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond reputeAdri89 has a reputation beyond repute

You just have to use to it, I think. I wasn't happy when I saw there was a new one but now I find it better than the previous one, which was always stuck and had always problems
Adri89 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:26 PM   #8
country flag duong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adri89 View Post
You just have to use to it, I think. I wasn't happy when I saw there was a new one but now I find it better than the previous one, which was always stuck and had always problems
well I did try to use it.

Now working back with the old one, I realize what I mostly preferred : it's made for a small screen, you can see all of the infos you want on your screen without needing to scroll everywhere.

the only better parts of the new one I saw ? the possibility to scroll to challengers without needing to open another website and the players' face pictures

yes, the old one is sometimes stuck, but I doubt that the new one will be less often stuck from what I see.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:28 PM   #9
country flag Cazorla

Cazorla has a reputation beyond reputeCazorla has a reputation beyond reputeCazorla has a reputation beyond reputeCazorla has a reputation beyond reputeCazorla has a reputation beyond reputeCazorla has a reputation beyond reputeCazorla has a reputation beyond reputeCazorla has a reputation beyond reputeCazorla has a reputation beyond reputeCazorla has a reputation beyond reputeCazorla has a reputation beyond repute

why not play a tournament in Doha?

Pick-A-Winner
Marseille'13
Nice'13

Cazorla is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:30 PM   #10
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

The new version is significantly worse than the old one. I couldn't agree more.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #11
country flag emotion
Racquet smash enthusiast

emotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond reputeemotion has a reputation beyond repute

New one won't let you select a match other than the one on primary court half the time, try it

Robredo, Matosevic, Estrella, Dolgopolov, Janowicz, Hanescu, Kukushkin, Gulbis, Rosol, Bozoljac, Gabashvili, Hernych, Starace, Stakhovsky, Brown, Zeballos, Herbert, Istomin, Kohlschreiber, Tursunov, Robert, Monaco, Djokovic, Gonzalez, Thiem
emotion is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:34 PM   #12
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I was seriously just about to make this thread. It's pretty, but it bounces me between matches, doesn't work half the time, and break points saved is listed as break points won.

The old scoreboard still works, you just have to enter the current week (eg season 2013 week 1):
Many thanks and goodrep for this

It took me less then 30 seconds to miss the old one.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:50 PM   #13
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Thank you, personally I will still use old version.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:54 PM   #14
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Saturday -> Click on results, says no results for that day, go ahead a day, suddenly switches to the schedule

Sunday -> Click on results, says no results, this time there is no option to switch days

Today -> Click on results, says no results for that day, go ahead a day, suddenly switches to the schedule

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:57 PM   #15
country flag RonaldGomez

RonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond reputeRonaldGomez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote: