Why is the generation after Fed's so devoid of personalities? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-30-2012, 12:06 PM   #31
country flag nellis_lv

nellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why is the generation after Fed's so devoid of personalities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Heh, actually you're the one with the misconception. Serena is an American and won 15 slams, she can say whatever she wants and she will always get 100x Azarenka gets, nothing to do with personality. Sharapova is pretty much adopted-American, and she' pretty, again, doesn't matter what she says, do you really think she' popular because of her talking?

Man, the WTA has hot bodies and blonde hair everywhere. It's just that none of them have the business skills, sharp tongue, and yes, 'talking' of Sharapova.

And Azarenka can stay #1 till she's 70. She still won't make half as much as Serena or Sharapova.
nellis_lv is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #32
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

I have more twitter fans in a week than Roddick had in one year.

Fed & Roddick - arrogant two-faced momma's boys and they forced funny personalities that make you cringe so much. sycophantic fakes who do anything to protect "legend" friendships with DrugAgassi (Dick's hero) & Tiger Woods
(Federer's ladies man).

Djoker is funny without obsessing about fake friendships and bimbo gold-digging women. The only one willing to be Rodduck's deep fry cooker.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #33
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellis_lv View Post
Man, the WTA has hot bodies and blonde hair everywhere. It's just that none of them have the business skills, sharp tongue, and yes, 'talking' of Sharapova.

And Azarenka can stay #1 till she's 70. She still won't make half as much as Serena or Sharapova.
Maybe it has blonde hairs, but it doesn't have career slams everywhere. Azarenka is not very pretty, and has only 1 slam to her name, before this year hardly anyone heard about her. If Djokovic were born-American, after 2011 he would've been up there with LeBron by attention he would be getting
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:38 PM   #34
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
Heh, actually you're the one with the misconception. Serena is an American and won 15 slams, she can say whatever she wants and she will always get 100x Azarenka gets, nothing to do with personality. Sharapova is pretty much adopted-American, and she' pretty, again, doesn't matter what she says, do you really think she' popular because of her talking?

Old 12-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #35
country flag nellis_lv

nellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond reputenellis_lv has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
Djoker is funny without obsessing about fake friendships and bimbo gold-digging women. The only one willing to be Rodduck's deep fry cooker.
LOL.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #36
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

What a great and unusual thread, let's wax lyrically about RogieGOAT unparalleled quality galore some more
Old 12-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #37
country flag munZe konZa

munZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Everything that comes out of players' mouths nowadays seems so rehearsed and politically correct.

I compare them to Fed's generation who were much less afraid to speak their minds.

Roddick could own a press conference. Fed's still the most sophisticated and direct guy in the room (and the best at interviews). Hewitt with his unfiltered emotions (on and off the court), etc.

Even the women of that generation were much more interesting. Sharapova and Serena still have 100x more interesting interviews/press conferences than their younger counterparts.

Compare them to the Djokovics and Nadals of today with their endless amount of softball responses to softball questions.

I think Tomic and Harrison have potential to bring back some personality, tho.
Fed has personality?
Not only is he offensive but he can't even crack a smile.
Hewitt said that no player is around him, how can he have personality when no one knows him?

Last edited by munZe konZa : 12-30-2012 at 03:09 PM.
munZe konZa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:54 PM   #38
country flag MurrayMagic1

MurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond reputeMurrayMagic1 has a reputation beyond repute

They are tennis players, not film stars or actors. The end.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:26 PM   #39
country flag munZe konZa

munZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayMagic1 View Post
They are entertainers!
If they are not entertaining they may as well be cleaning floors or cooking food.
munZe konZa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:37 PM   #40
country flag Noleta

Noleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond reputeNoleta has a reputation beyond repute

Hey cleaning the floor while listening to your ipod is damn entertaining,as is cooking.

Nole in his early career was outspoken,now he's too become PC like the other players.They are role models,and try to behave like ones.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:56 PM   #41
country flag nellis_lv

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayMagic1 View Post
I think if some of them (…) did less acting and were just themselves, they wouldn't be drained of so much personality.

It's not about being a bad-ass or a spoilt brat. It's about not apologizing for who you are as a person. Federer has personality because he is who he is. He owns it. He's Arrogant-erer through and through and everyone just has to deal with it. I like that about him even if I root against him.

If Nole would just be himself, instead of trying so hard to look like the good guy and not offend all of Serbia, I think people would appreciate him more and he'd get more sponsorships in the long run.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:13 PM   #42
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If Nole would just be himself, instead of trying so hard to look like the good guy and not offend all of Serbia, I think people would appreciate him more and he'd get more sponsorships in the long run.
You've got it backwards. It's not Serbia he's worried about offending -- it's the rest of the world. If he said exactly what he thought, Serbia would love him even more. But it is not really in his country's best interest to continue to be outcast by the EU and the west.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:28 PM   #43
country flag nellis_lv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
You've got it backwards. It's not Serbia he's worried about offending -- it's the rest of the world. If he said exactly what he thought, Serbia would love him even more. But it is not really in his country's best interest to continue to be outcast by the EU and the west.
Why pander to such irrationality?

So he's now responsible for a whole country's reputation, despite all the political actions others have taken before him? That's just retarded.

Serena gets called out for being a stereotypical ghetto b**ch from Compton all the time. What does she do? She goes and does the cripp walk on Wimbledon Centre Court. That right there is being a G. Never apologize for where you came from.