2013 Fall Season, Regroup! Allez! - Page 98 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 07-12-2013, 07:12 PM   #1456
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Grass Season, Allez!

SteveG on twitter said Gilles withdrew from Hamburg. Really unfortunate if true, I wonder what's wrong. He has a good chance to make up a lot of points this summer.
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2013, 07:40 PM   #1457
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Baby? Hopefully. Better than injury.

I thought he shouldn't have signed up for Hamburg in the first place. He's going to get stuck with a zero-pointer if he w/d.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:16 PM   #1458
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
Baby? Hopefully. Better than injury.

I thought he shouldn't have signed up for Hamburg in the first place. He's going to get stuck with a zero-pointer if he w/d.
I actually forgot about that, let's hope that's the case.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #1459
country flag mike s.

Can someone who has twitter ask one of the French journalists if they know what's up? I just want to make sure it's not an injury.
Old 07-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #1460
country flag GilleSimonAddict

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike s. View Post
Can someone who has twitter ask one of the French journalists if they know what's up? I just want to make sure it's not an injury.
Yes! Please! The sooner someone can get some info on what exactly is up the better I will feel. Well, maybe depending on the reason for his withdrawing. I was really looking forward to seeing Gilles again this week in Hamburg because it feels like it's been forever since I last saw him. I'm starting to get a little tweaky. I am an addict after all and I'm do for another fix of my Gilles.
GilleSimonAddict is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 12:28 PM   #1461
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Summer US Hardcourt Season, Allez!

He has the Coqueluche whooping cough in english according translators since he went in england and because of that he broke one rib and the new baby is supposed to born during USO again http://www.tennismagazine.fr/mauvais...52_a_1686.html

He's going better each day with the disease and plan a come back in Washinghton if he can train in the next days but I'm wondering what he will do with the baby he was not happy at all like Carine to miss the born of Timothé ? He will take the risk to miss the one of his second son ?
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:09 PM   #1462
country flag mike s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
He has the Coqueluche whooping cough in english according translators since he went in england and because of that he broke one rib and the new baby is supposed to born during USO again http://www.tennismagazine.fr/mauvais...52_a_1686.html

He's going better each day with the disease and plan a come back in Washinghton if he can train in the next days but I'm wondering what he will do with the baby he was not happy at all like Carine to miss the born of Timothé ? He will take the risk to miss the one of his second son ?
Well, at least it sounds like it's not too serious and isn't a chronic issue with his knees or shoulder/neck. Hopefully he plays Washington though, because I was thinking I might try to go to the tournament. It's good he feels confident about his relationship with de Witt, I hope he can do good things in the hardcourt season.

Finally, congrats on the upcoming baby boy . Although, selfishly I wish it was coming either now or in the fall, I don't want him distracted at the U.S. Open again.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #1463
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Soulage, for the info.

Gosh, whooping cough is bad, it's such an epidemic here and a few death incidents too, not just infants but young adults. I'm glad his case is not serious, but that's enough for him to crack a rib, ouch!

Okay, I hope he can play at Washington then, probably he will be rather bad if he couldn't even run 3 weeks after Wimby, he'll be slow and out of synch for his first US hardcourt tourney, but at least if he can be well enough to play, I'll be happy.

And, congrats Gilles and Carine, another boy. But, but... USO again . Maybe Carine will just come to NYC this time and have the baby here, and so the little one will be a US citizen . Gosh, I hope Gilles doesn't need to skip USO.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:10 PM   #1464
country flag GilleSimonAddict

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds kind of bad at first read, but then I realize that it's actually better that it wasn't a severe injury or reoccurring neck/back problem again. In fact, I took more positives out of it than negatives. New baby boy Simon nearing delivery, comfortable with his game now and feeling good about his partnership with DeWitt.

Hope he can make it to the Washington tournament, but if not, I know he'll be back sooner rather than later, but I'm dying here. It feels like forever since I last got to see him.

Also, It would be cool if his next child does get born in America so he can have dual citizenship and also be an French American.

Last edited by GilleSimonAddict : 07-17-2013 at 11:40 PM.
GilleSimonAddict is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:04 PM   #1465
country flag Marine

Marine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond reputeMarine has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post

Décidément !
Ils auraient pu calculer un peu mieux (ou pas lol)

Guy Forget
Marine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #1466
country flag HalBanks

HalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond repute

Another boy for Gilles and Carine? Congrats to them both
HalBanks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:04 PM   #1467
country flag Meris275

Meris275 is on a distinguished road

These are great news, the new baby!congratulations to Gilles and Corine!! I was missing Gilles as well from the tennis, I knew that he was coughing in Eastbourne because his mum told me there when I saw him but I could imagine it was any more sirious, now it can explain the result in Wimbledon, hope he will recover soon to see him back on court and hopefully he won't need to miss USO and neither the new baby born
Meris275 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:17 AM   #1468
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the new baby for Gilles & Carine!

Gilles made an appearance in Hamburg last week. He signed some autographs and was really funny and enjoyed himself. I'll try to upload my pics the coming week.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:30 AM   #1469
country flag mike s.

Somebody said on twitter that l'equipe has an article where Gilles said he tried to run yesterday but it was a no go because of the rib but that he hopes to be healthy by Montreal. Unfortunately, that seems to imply that he won't be playing Washington but I guess we'll see for sure later. Such a shame he's missing out on all these points again in the summer.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:40 AM   #1470
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

Yes he will go in Washington to give one day to the tournament but it seems he won't be able to play
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coqueluche.jpg (149.7 KB, 22 views)
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote