2013 Fall Season, Regroup! Allez! - Page 95 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #1411
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Grass Season, Allez!

He's exhausted. This windy condition takes a lot to hit thru, and he's still suffering from the tail end of his cold.

Normally, I get mad when he loses a match due to fitness, but I think I'll be okay with this, even if it could have been his first grass title, or wind title. Oh well.

Last edited by lalaland : 06-22-2013 at 05:55 PM.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #1412
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Can't say this match can be any indication of what to come giving the extreme condition (not in the match-up sense anyway), but I think with the calmer condition and fresher grass, it will be even more advantage to Lopez's serve. So that's not looking good either.

Last edited by lalaland : 06-22-2013 at 06:03 PM.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #1413
country flag lalaland

To add insult to injury, he lost out on luck too and slipped on the last point, got bageled. This is not meant to be. Gilles
Old 06-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #1414
country flag HalBanks

HalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond repute

Well Gilles played a lot of great tennis this tournament and definitely didn’t deserve to lose his last set 6-0. This result will give Lopez the mental edge at Wimbledon, but I still think Gilles can get through next week if he plays with confidence.
HalBanks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:09 PM   #1415
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well, I'm not too upset with Gilles. It was a very good week of grass court tennis. Unfortunately, the conditions didn't allow for good play but I'm at least confident that Gilles can put up a fight against Lopez after watching this match.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:12 PM   #1416
country flag GilleSimonAddict

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

Well I can't help but to not be disappointed simply because it was for a title in a final and he got bageled to boot, but he also played some good matches this week and got to his first ever final on grass and his finals record only drops to 10-4 now so he's still more than made the most of his opportunities when he has made it to the finals more than he hasn't but again, still can't help but for it to sting a little because it's not like title opportunities for him are getting any more numerous.

I'll hope for revenge for him at Wimbledon and a 3rd or 4th round showing there over all.
GilleSimonAddict is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #1417
country flag MsTree

MsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond reputeMsTree has a reputation beyond repute

Disappointing the way the last set fell and Gillou was all out of luck at the end. Still - he made the final while under the weather and can't complain at that. He also looked stunning this week Hopefully he'll have a better shot at Feli on Monday!

Gillou ~~~~~ & ~~~~~ Andy
MsTree is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:44 PM   #1418
country flag lalaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTree View Post
He also looked stunning this week
He even changed T shirt on court this week, that's how stunning this week has been .
Old 06-22-2013, 10:34 PM   #1419
country flag Meris275

Meris275 is on a distinguished road

Yes, it was a not deserved result the third set, because he fought all the points a lot and wasn't as easy as one could imagine, i am so happy of having seen him again live and i hope him all the best in wimbledon, i think he van beat López For sure
Meris275 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 11:31 PM   #1420
country flag Meris275

Meris275 is on a distinguished road

I was talking to her mother and she told me that Gillou has been the whole week sick and still playing,it is amazing, more meritiouos getting into the final
Meris275 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:57 AM   #1421
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meris275 View Post
I was talking to her mother and she told me that Gillou has been the whole week sick and still playing,it is amazing, more meritiouos getting into the final
That's nice you got to go see him and talk to his mother. Hopefully he feels better this week.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:23 PM   #1422
country flag mike s.

Gilles is last on court 3 tomorrow. Bad timing for me but good that he gets as much time as possible to rest from last week. Allez!
Old 06-25-2013, 12:53 AM   #1423
country flag HalBanks

HalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike s. View Post
Gilles is last on court 3 tomorrow. Bad timing for me but good that he gets as much time as possible to rest from last week. Allez!
Damn. We have to wait all day for the Lopez rematch. Can't wait to see how Gilles performs, last week he showed his grass court form is high right now. I think getting ahead quickly is important for both players, so lets hope he comes out with confident aggressive tennis like at Eastbourne early rounds. C'mon Gilles!
Old 06-25-2013, 12:55 AM   #1424
country flag HalBanks

Also, not sure what weather is forecast tomorrow, but fingers crossed rain doesn't hold things up, so Gilles + Lopez can finish their match while there's still enough light.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #1425
country flag lalaland

6 UEs in 2 games, hope he doesn't need more than a set to get himself settle. Allez Gilles.