2013 Fall Season, Regroup! Allez! - Page 89 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-02-2013, 06:41 PM   #1321
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Spring European Clay Season, Allez!

reall
Quote:
Originally Posted by GilleSimonAddict View Post
There's some interesting comments that have been made that have shed some interesting light into Gilles Simon's habits that many feel, including Jan De Witt and Gilles' fellow French players feel do him a great disservice which is sleeping on the couch in the player's lounge before he goes out to play his match. They think that that is partially why he loses so many first sets because he is still groggy and not fully woken up and is still slow on the court. They are saying that that habit is hurting him right now because he often has spent so much more time on the court than his opponent as a result and then gets tired in moments like this. Apparently Jan De Witt is trying to get Gilles to stop napping before the matches so he is fully alert and ready to go. Pretty interesting insight. These comments came from Tsonga during a guest interview while the match against Federer is going on.
Interesting. Well, I do get a feeling that De Witt is pretty straight, and atm Gilles is listening. It will be great that if he can correct all Gilles' bad habits, which there is a lot, and force him to learn to slice, or at least a dropshot. I always wish Gilles can dropshot those who dropshot him.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2013, 06:55 PM   #1322
country flag HalBanks

HalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond repute

I said after the Querrey match that I would be proud of Gilles win or lose against Fed, and he certainly didn't dissapoint.
Sad that he didn't get the win, but showed great fighting spirit as always (especially so soon after Rome.)

Always proud to be your fan Gilles
HalBanks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #1323
country flag GilleSimonAddict

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

Some decent praise finally be shed upon Gilles in the aftermath on the twittersphere from Roland Garros, ESPNTennis, lots of fellow players and the like which is refreshing to say the least.
GilleSimonAddict is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #1324
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

You know, I could be seeing things, but I felt that Gilles was about to drop a tear when he talked about the crowd. He didn't disappoint them, but they surely disappointed him. Gilles. It's okay Gilles, you have us, who will never ever desert you no matter.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #1325
country flag lalaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilleSimonAddict View Post
Some decent praise finally be shed upon Gilles in the aftermath on the twittersphere from Roland Garros, ESPNTennis, lots of fellow players and the like which is refreshing to say the least.
Tsonga should have something good to say about Gilles this time, Gilles has sufficiently tired Fed out for him, that should make Jo happy .
Old 06-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #1326
country flag lalaland

I'm a twitter-illiterate, so if some can share the good tweets here with me, I appreciate it, I need sth to cheer me up. The loss is sinking in now and I'm starting to feel really really bad. Gilles deserves more .

When is baby coming? Damnit, I demand to be told. Haha, I'm really thinking it's around this time and I'm half expecting he'll pull out of Wimby. I will feel so silly if there is no baby at all . And the reason I want to know is, bcos I'm feeling that he won't be doing anything much in terms of in tournament until probably August. That makes this loss all the more sad for me, since he's finally getting some momentum going. If only he could have gotten this one. Oh well.

Last edited by lalaland : 06-02-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #1327

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a few:

Quote:
ESPNTennis ‏@ESPNTennis 1h

Simon receiving huge round of applause from the home crowd after post-match interview. The effort clearly appreciated... #ESPNTennis #RG13
Quote:
Roland Garros ‏@rolandgarros 1h

As Federer is interviewed, Simon signs autographs. Gracious in defeat after a massive battle #RG13
Quote:
Nico Mahut @nmahut 1h

I dont know about you guys but thats why i love tennis.. Congrats Roger Federer and Gilles Simon #greatmatch #RG13
Quote:
Darren Cahill ‏@darren_cahill 2h

Wondering why Simon doesn't play like this in every match. I know Federer forces him to be offensive but normally chooses not to. #MiniMarat
Old 06-02-2013, 08:14 PM   #1328

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/02/sp...=tw-share&_r=0

Also, here's another interesting article regarding a new tactic Jan De Witt is adding to Gilles' game. I really think that Jan is going to be good for Gilles. The fresh perspective was I think long overdue with all do respect to Tuslane. I think Gilles long ago exhausted all he could from him and probably should've sought a new coach a lot earlier than he did, but I like how aggressively Jan is moving forward with Gilles and there is definitely a lot of improvement happening in such a short time. He made Gilles pull out of the mixed doubles which was the right thing to do. He's started using video analysis now with Gilles which is why he was so close to beating Murray and now he wants to stop Gilles' bad habits outside of the court starting with the pre-match napping to try and get Gilles to not lose the first set and spend less time on the court so he won't be tired during the business end of tournaments like he started to get against Federer today because of the 8hrs he had already had to spend on the court prior.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:38 AM   #1329
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute

Really depressing, particularly because I didn't get to see it. Oh well, definitely some positive things happened this week.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #1330
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Some more from the insiders:-

Quote:
@mattebden
Simon often finds his best tennis against Roger #forcedtoplayaggressive

@paul_annacone
Grt battle w RF & G SImon good friends good competing electric crowd- the day has started look at T HAAS #inspiring

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Thiem . Paire
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #1331
country flag madeinburma

madeinburma has a reputation beyond reputemadeinburma has a reputation beyond reputemadeinburma has a reputation beyond reputemadeinburma has a reputation beyond reputemadeinburma has a reputation beyond reputemadeinburma has a reputation beyond reputemadeinburma has a reputation beyond reputemadeinburma has a reputation beyond reputemadeinburma has a reputation beyond reputemadeinburma has a reputation beyond reputemadeinburma has a reputation beyond repute

hello. was wondering if somebody can translate gilles's on court interview in the video on this link please. much appreciated!!!!

http://www.francetvsport.fr/simon-fa...ein-vol-157307
Old 06-03-2013, 08:40 PM   #1332
country flag Casp83

Casp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond repute

Best TV rating for Fed-Gilles on french TV in the first week with 4,7m viewers on France 3 and 5m viewers at the end of the match

Last edited by Casp83 : 06-03-2013 at 08:43 PM.
Casp83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:58 PM   #1333

Well, I'd say Tsonga can thank Gilles for tiring ol Federer out because he looked flat and slow out there today and was dismissed easily by Tsonga and you can't tell me that that wasn't the result of the epic three hour plus clash Fed had with Gilles two days prior. Tsonga owes Gilles dinner. Or at the very least, a thank you for the assist.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:44 AM   #1334
country flag HalBanks

HalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond repute

The loss has now sunk in and seeing how one-sided the Tsonga match was, I'm just depressed Gilles wasn't there instead of Fed.
Hopefully he can raise his game again and maybe equal his 2009 performance at Wimbledon. (A nicer draw would be appreciated! )
HalBanks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:59 AM   #1335
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalBanks View Post
The loss has now sunk in and seeing how one-sided the Tsonga match was, I'm just depressed Gilles wasn't there instead of Fed.
Hopefully he can raise his game again and maybe equal his 2009 performance at Wimbledon. (A nicer draw would be appreciated! )
I'm on the same page, it's disappointing that he couldn't pull off the win especially because Fed clearly is not at his best anymore. Gilles just doesn't have the self-belief to finish off players like Murray in Madrid and Fed right now. Hopefully his confidence comes back. Grass is always the toughest for him so I'm just hoping for a R16 showing and then take it from there. Hopefully he doesn't draw players who like the grass like Malisse this year and gets a couple of wins.