2013 Fall Season, Regroup! Allez! - Page 88 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #1306
country flag GilleSimonAddict

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Spring European Clay Season, Allez!

Not bad for a guy who doesn't belong on the same court as Federer huh! Hope ol Mats has a brown paper bag handy.
GilleSimonAddict is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #1307
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

I had thought that Fed will get more support than Gilles on PC, I don't blame them, they are always in love with Fed anyway. I just hope Gilles wins it and stick it to them.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #1308
country flag Nagyovafan

Nagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond repute

Allez Gillou!!! I hope he can sustain this level and make it to his first RG Quarterfinal. Let's pray that this is more like Del Potro in Marseille and less like Andy Murray in Madrid.
Benoit Paire
Nagyovafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #1309

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

Well I'm not going to make the mistake of getting ahead of myself. I just can't do that again. I've been going at this match the whole time under the assumption that it's only just a matter of time until it all comes crashing down on Gilles, but nonetheless, what a performance by Gilles it's been.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #1310
country flag Nagyovafan

Nagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond repute

That fourth set was a lot closer than the 6-2 score might indicate. Allez Gillou in 5!
Benoit Paire
Nagyovafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 05:48 PM   #1311

I think it's starting to get away from Gilles now. I hope he can make something happen in the fifth set but it's going to take a monumental effort and I just don't think it's going to happen. Be that as it may, c'mon Gilles!
Old 06-02-2013, 05:55 PM   #1312
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I have not have a moment thinking that he will win it, it's easier to deal by not expecting much, I train myself in every occasion.

So Gilles is not going to win. I just hope he has enough belief though to at least hold his own and not give it away. Let Fed raises his game to take it from Gilles. Allez Gilles.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:03 PM   #1313

Win or lose, there's a lot of positives for Gilles to take away from this match and the past month. He was points away from beating Murray, came back for the first time in his career from losing the first 2 sets of a match to win it, and took Federer to 5 at a major which is more reminiscent of 2008/09 Gilles against Federer so I hope focuses on that and it leads to better things throughout the rest of the year. There's no reason why he couldn't and shouldn't win a 250 or 500 tier tournament if he plays like this. Hopefully Jan De Witt will continue to set him straight and make him see the positives of the last month.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #1314
country flag lalaland

Sadly, I can see his confident falling apart. C'mon Gilles.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #1315
country flag lalaland

There's fire in his eyes after finally wining a game. I love it.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #1316
country flag lalaland

C'mon Gilles. Hold and hold and you never know.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #1317

There's some interesting comments that have been made that have shed some interesting light into Gilles Simon's habits that many feel, including Jan De Witt and Gilles' fellow French players feel do him a great disservice which is sleeping on the couch in the player's lounge before he goes out to play his match. They think that that is partially why he loses so many first sets because he is still groggy and not fully woken up and is still slow on the court. They are saying that that habit is hurting him right now because he often has spent so much more time on the court than his opponent as a result and then gets tired in moments like this. Apparently Jan De Witt is trying to get Gilles to stop napping before the matches so he is fully alert and ready to go. Pretty interesting insight. These comments came from Tsonga during a guest interview while the match against Federer is going on.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:36 PM   #1318
country flag lalaland

Well, I hope some day he will get over that last hurdle.

Gilles is such a sweet man.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:38 PM   #1319

Great effort from Gilles! Nothing to be ashamed of. He played his heart out and left it all out there on the court. Truth be told, I was dreading this match today because after the previous encounter that Gilles and Fed had I was afraid of Gilles getting spanked bad on a much larger stage and in front of his home crowd no less, but he played extremely well and represented himself very well and I am very proud of him and his effort. Great tournament Gilles! Now get that ranking up so you don't have to face guys like Murray and Federer until the quarterfinals instead of the 4th round. Also, loved hearing the crowd chant "Gilou, Gilou Gilou" at the end and the great applause and ovation he got off the court.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #1320
country flag darkboy

darkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond reputedarkboy has a reputation beyond repute

You know, it's sad to see him losing like that... :/

RAFAEL NADAL TOMAS BERDYCH
darkboy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote