2013 Fall Season, Regroup! Allez! - Page 66 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-21-2013, 07:01 PM   #976
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Spring European Clay Season, Allez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilloulou View Post
http://tempsreel.nouvelobs.com/sport...dee-recue.html

A nice article about the myth of the french losing mentality. Basically saying the french players fail to invest in the physical and psychological aspects of the game and thinking more of the flare of playing shots rather than winning matches. Saying Simon can't overcome his injuries and that hampers his mentality. Also saying he's super smart but won't see a shrink which is a big mistake.
Funniest part about the blog on gasquest saying he's the epitome of the french losing mentality

Fun read, thanks.
I agree with the thinking more of the flare rather than winning matches. But the article is missing one aspect though, the problem is not only the mentality of their athletes, but of the public. How often have I read people leaving comments on the website telling how much they don’t like Gilles’ playing style even if he wins, how many times have I read Gilles, after winning a match, apologetically saying how laboriously he had to play to win, clearly admitting it's a flaw to have to play laboriously, that winning is not enough for the public, he needs to play pretty to satisfy them. So the public fault their athletes for not winning, and when they win, they fault them for not winning pretty. Seems to me the blame is not entirely on the athletes to wanting to think more of the flare than winning, it's how much that idea has been imposed on them by their people.

As for Gilles and his mental block in DC, it’s easy, FFT controls the DC team, if they think that’s a solution for Gilles, just impose on him to see a shrink if he ever wants to play DC again, problem solved.

Gilles’ injuries, well, that’s a tough nut to crack, it could entirely be out of his control at this point (since you can blame it on a poor foundation, which is too late to fix now). There’s still some he can do, and based on what he’s been saying, I want to believe that’s what he’s doing now. It all comes down to dedication, how much discipline he’s willing to impose on himself to give himself the best chance. I think the French is blaming too much on this so-called French mentality. It’s pretty much the mentality of everyone who’s not Top 5, regardless of culture. These men are Top 5 because they set themselves apart by a higher standard of dedication, which then allow them to maximize their potentials. It’s not that hard to understand, it’s just very hard to have such dedication. That’s why they are Top 5.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 04:27 PM   #977
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

Gilles plays tomorrow doubles with Mahut. Allez

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old 04-22-2013, 04:44 PM   #978
country flag janinafederer

janinafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond repute

The Fog withdrew from Bucharest...not sure if it's a good news or not
janinafederer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #979
country flag Gilloulou

Gilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by janinafederer View Post
The Fog withdrew from Bucharest...not sure if it's a good news or not
Considering gilles' level of play - irrelevant one game at the time. If not point...

Gilloulou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:05 PM   #980

janinafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond repute

yep i agree! I just hope he's not reading all the nasty stuff people are writing about him after DC
btw 2day he lost his dubs match with Nicolas. That's a pity cos it was not broadcast anywhere and i would have loved to see them play together at least in a match...oh well
Old 04-24-2013, 05:18 AM   #981
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilloulou View Post
Considering gilles' level of play - irrelevant one game at the time. If not point...

Exactly. I have no confidence in Gilles at the moment unless he meets Gael or Tipsy

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Paire . Dimitrov . Thiem
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #982
country flag GilleSimonAddict

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

Well, in typical Gilles Simon fashion as of late, he crumbled under the pressure of serving to stay in the first set at 4-5 down and was broken to lose the first set thanks to an easy regulation backhand that he netted and then a forehand he pushed wide. It's not looking promising that he's going to even make it out of the 1st round of a tournament he's practically owned in years past. I hope he can find a way to turn it around in the second set but I kinda doubt it.
GilleSimonAddict is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #983

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

Simon has managed to break after about 4 chances and then, most importantly, consolidate the break to go up 4-2 in the second set. Now hopefully he can hold on to it and take this to a third set. C'mon Gilles!
Old 04-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #984

3rd set!!!! now please!!!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #985

he broke Nemo in the 1st game and he got broken in the next go figure.........
Old 04-24-2013, 04:31 PM   #986

This game right here in the third set at 4-2 pretty much shows why Gilles is in desperate need of a coach again.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #987

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilleSimonAddict View Post
This game right here in the third set at 4-2 pretty much shows why Gilles is in desperate need of a coach again.
yep and also at 4-3 where he didn't consolidate i wanna cry!!!!
Old 04-24-2013, 04:41 PM   #988

Alright everybody cross your fingers. Gilles is gonna serve for the match.
Old 04-24-2013, 04:42 PM   #989

he broke again and now serving for the match....im not sure im gonna watch
Old 04-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #990

and he won!!!! :cheerleade r:
im happy but soooooooo tired....i bet im tirer than Gillou