2013 Fall Season, Regroup! Allez! - Page 62 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Reply

Old 04-08-2013, 07:22 AM   #916
country flag soulage
Registered User
 
soulage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4,711
soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Spring European Clay Season, Allez!

It's not all about the responsability of Forget or Clement. He's bad on court on DC that's a fact. He's not able to play good tennis on DC why ? Because of the DC staff ? I mean I don't understand why he's not able to produce good tennis all the matches he lost was not so difficult. He asked to play he was motivated and he lost badly that's a huge deception for him.

Quote:
« À moi de vivre avec ça »

GILLES SIMON refuse l’étiquette de maudit de la Coupe Davis.Et espère rebondir dès l’année prochaine.

Agacé par sa défaite et profondément abattu par ses conséquences, Gilles Simon s’en voulait de ne pas avoir su apporter le troisième point à l’équipe de France.

BUENOS AIRES –de notre envoyé spécial

« EST-CE LA DÉFAITE la plus difficile à encaisser de votre carrière ?

– De loin.

– Vous pouvez expliquer ?

– Ça va être difficile… Un mot résume tout : la déception. J’avais à jouer un match très important. Pour tout le monde. C’était un match à gagner, je l’ai perdu. Voilà. C’est à moi de vivre avec ça.

– On vous sent abattu…

– C’est très dur. Je ne vais pas me présenter devant les micros avec le sourire. Je pensais pouvoir le faire, mais c’est le genre de match qui fait très, très mal. Ç’a été dur. Un adversaire qui jouait bien. Un public qui ne te lâche pas pendant quatre heures. Après, la manière, j’avoue que je ne m’en occupe pas trop. Il n’y a que le résultat qui compte. Si j’avais joué le plus mauvais tennis de ma vie et que j’avais gagné, je n’en aurais rien eu à secouer de mon niveau de jeu.

– Y a-t-il des choses que vous vous reprochez ?

– Non. J’ai fait le maximum de ce que je pouvais à chaque moment. Je me reproche juste de ne pas avoir gagné ce match. Sur le terrain, j’avais l’impression que c’était quand même nettement mieux que vendredi. J’avais ma tactique et mes schémas en place. Mais ça n’a pas suffi. En termes d’intensité, j’ai essayé de tout mettre, tout le temps, et je n’ai rien calculé. J’ai essayé de gagner tous les points en me disant qu’on verrait le score à la fin.

– Aviez-vous l’impression de prendre le dessus physiquement ? Et que plus le match durerait, plus vous auriez de chances de le gagner ?

– Je pensais que Berlocq serait peut-être fatigué mais il n’a pas levé le pied. Sur la fin du troisième, il a même eu un coup de mieux, il frappait plus fort.

– Vous sauvez cinq balles de match sur la fin. Parce que vous avez davantage lâché votre bras à ce moment-là ?

– Pas spécialement. Je voyais la balle, j’avais envie de la frapper. Quand tu as la tête comme un tambour, c’est dur de calculer. Sur la sixième, je m’engage aussi très bien mais la balle m’échappe… En fait, j’avais juste envie de me battre jusqu’au bout.

– Avez-vous l’impression d’être maudit en Coupe Davis ?

– Je ne sais pas. Et je m’en fous, en fait. J’avais juste envie de gagner, pour moi et pour les autres. Pour Mika, qui mérite de gagner une Coupe Davis pour toute sa carrière. Pour Jo, qui ne mérite pas de perdre cette rencontre en apportant deux points, en outre avec la manière. Le reste, c’est franchement anecdotique.

– Le public vous a-t-il perturbé ?

– Il ne m’a pas aidé, c’est sûr. Mais on le savait avant. L’Argentine a la chance d’avoir l’un des meilleurs publics au monde et elle sait très bien s’en servir. Parfois, je sentais que Berlocq était essoufflé. Il faisait alors chanter le public pendant deux minutes…

– Comment évacuer une déception pareille ?

– En étant plus fort. Là, tout de suite, j’ai envie d’aller m’entraîner et de devenir meilleur. Je crois qu’on avait les armes pour gagner cette rencontre. Il faut repartir au boulot. C’est en devenant meilleur individuellement qu’on rendra l’équipe plus forte. Cet échec me motive plus qu’autre chose. »

VINCENT COGNET
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 04-08-2013, 07:24 AM   #917
country flag csillag
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 36
csillag has a reputation beyond reputecsillag has a reputation beyond reputecsillag has a reputation beyond reputecsillag has a reputation beyond reputecsillag has a reputation beyond reputecsillag has a reputation beyond reputecsillag has a reputation beyond reputecsillag has a reputation beyond reputecsillag has a reputation beyond reputecsillag has a reputation beyond reputecsillag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Spring European Clay Season, Allez!

Heartbreaking for Gilles. I couldn't make myself watch either of his matches: Friday's because I like Pico too and I was kind of expecting it to be brutal for Pico, going by his form this year (I was wrong, though by all accounts he wasn't actually playing well); Sunday's, because I was fully expecting it to be brutal for Gilles, and that's exactly how it went.

I don't understand those people trashing a player for losing a match (unless it's a very clear case of tanking, but I don't think anyone can ever accuse Gilles of that!), there's always going to be one winner and one loser, and all you can do is give the best effort you're capable of at that moment. And for one of the players on the court in any given match, his or her best effort isn't going to be good enough.

to all of us, and please try to stay away from those places where people are making stupid nasty comments, just not worth it!
csillag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:55 AM   #918
country flag csillag
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 36
csillag has a reputation beyond reputecsillag has a reputation beyond reputecsillag has a reputation beyond reputecsillag has a reputation beyond reputecsillag has a reputation beyond reputecsillag has a reputation beyond reputecsillag has a reputation beyond reputecsillag has a reputation beyond reputecsillag has a reputation beyond reputecsillag has a reputation beyond reputecsillag has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Spring European Clay Season, Allez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
It's not all about the responsability of Forget or Clement. He's bad on court on DC that's a fact. He's not able to play good tennis on DC why ? Because of the DC staff ? I mean I don't understand why he's not able to produce good tennis all the matches he lost was not so difficult. He asked to play he was motivated and he lost badly that's a huge deception for him.
Perhaps there's just something about the DC match pressure that is so very different from any regular tour match pressure for him that he can't find a way to handle it (maybe if he had had more chances to play DC, he could've got used to it?). Some players seem to thrive on it and perform far above their usual level in DC. For Gilles, it seems to have the opposite effect. And like mike s. said earlier, some of it could also be that his smart play is somewhat neutralised by the other player having the captain/coach on court with him too.

Pico knows exactly how he feels.

csillag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:15 AM   #919
country flag GilleSimonAddict
Registered User
 
GilleSimonAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Age: 33
Posts: 607
GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Spring European Clay Season, Allez!

Quote:
– Comment évacuer une déception pareille ?

– En étant plus fort. Là, tout de suite, j’ai envie d’aller m’entraîner et de devenir meilleur. Je crois qu’on avait les armes pour gagner cette rencontre. Il faut repartir au boulot. C’est en devenant meilleur individuellement qu’on rendra l’équipe plus forte. Cet échec me motive plus qu’autre chose.
- How to remove such a disappointment?

- By being stronger. Here, right now, I want to go to train and get better. I think we had the weapons to win this game. It's back to work. It is becoming better individually we will make the team stronger. This failure motivates me more than anything.

Well that last part certainly makes me feel a little bit better and more hopeful for the rest of Gilles' season and the immediate clay court season. I was just so afraid that this loss would completely ruin him for a while and he would just tuck his tail between his legs, hang his head down low and just wallow for a while and lose, but that statement paints a different picture. Allez Gilles!
GilleSimonAddict is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #920
country flag Casp83
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 106
Casp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Spring European Clay Season, Allez!

I knew before the match it would be difficult for Gilles to beat Berlocq in Argentina for the decisive match...
Berlocq is very good on slow clay with high bounce whereas it's probably Gilles's worst surface (considering he hits the ball too flat), especially if he lacks confidence to construct points properly all the time, absolutely necessary to beat a consistent topspin player like Berlocq.
He was capable to construct points/hit some good shots at times but not enough and he made some bad decisions on important points (sometimes he was too passive, letting Berlocq dictate points at the end of the second set for example, at other times he made UES at return and in rallies trying to hit though Berlocq), his serve was also a huge problem, few free points.
Also, i just checked Berlocq's results this year and he has beaten good players like Dolgo and Nishikori, took a set off Nadal, good performance.
It's obviously a disappointing result for France: it was a winnable encounter, Jo and Arnaud seemed very upset by the loss in press conference, i doubt Gilles will have many chances to play for France in the future as he can't handle the pressure well, it seems (and that Gas and Tson are top 10 players as well).
Casp83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:40 AM   #921
country flag mike s.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Age: 28
Posts: 868
mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Spring European Clay Season, Allez!

I don't think anyone expects Gilles to play again and quite frankly I don't think any of his fans want him to. Either way, he tried his best and actually didn't play horribly except at key moments so he wasn't really deceiving anyone, he just lost to a better player that day. Is that a crime? I'll never understand the criticism players get in any event if they've given their maximum effort. What is happening to Gilles is very likely the reason Gasquet didnt play here because he knew he'd get ripped to shreds if he didn't win and it's not worth risking that if you can't give 110% because of fatigue or niggling injuries.
__________________
Gilles Simon-Roger Federer
mike s. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #922
country flag Gilloulou
Registered User
 
Gilloulou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 378
Gilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I really don't think he played well. The match was poor all in all. His Davis cup moment was two years ago only Forget robbed him and France from his glory moment. The rest is pointless. I think he'll regroup fast this time

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Gilloulou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:29 PM   #923
country flag Casp83
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 106
Casp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Spring European Clay Season, Allez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilloulou View Post
I really don't think he played well. The match was poor all in all. His Davis cup moment was two years ago only Forget robbed him and France from his glory moment. The rest is pointless. I think he'll regroup fast this time

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Decent level from both with some good and some bad periods, many momentum shifts like in a lot of clay court matches.
Casp83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #924
country flag janinafederer
Registered User
 
janinafederer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 62
janinafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Spring European Clay Season, Allez!

http://www.tennisworlditalia.com/Gil...colo13692.html

Even Italian media are saying France débâcle it's Gilles's fault not even a small hint to the fact that also Mika and Benny lost their match.
I certainly hope that Gilles is not reading/watching/listening to any kind of media today and in the next few days...
janinafederer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #925
country flag lalaland
Registered User
 
lalaland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 5,955
lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Spring European Clay Season, Allez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
It's not all about the responsability of Forget or Clement. He's bad on court on DC that's a fact. He's not able to play good tennis on DC why ? Because of the DC staff ? I mean I don't understand why he's not able to produce good tennis all the matches he lost was not so difficult. He asked to play he was motivated and he lost badly that's a huge deception for him.
Thanks for the article.

I'm gonna say sth in general, of my thoughts after reading the past few posts.

I wouldn't blame Clement for anything, he made the choice the best he could. However badly I didn't want Gilles to be picked (for the most selfish reason of not wanting Gilles to have to deal with this), I think he was the right choice at that time. I do blame Forget. I know ppl now say okay Gilles is proving to suck in DC again, so Forget must have been right about going with Llodra 2 years ago. I disagree. I think the lacking confidence in DC for Gilles is an accumulation of how he had felt the past few years, the mistrust he's been getting from Forget that resulted in him getting more nervous and unsure whenever he played a DC match. The whole DC affair started on the wrong foot for Gilles, which is part bad luck and part fault of Forget who's job is not only to win DC, but to create a team that is capable of doing that. But he effectively alienated 2 of the best players in this generation, Richard and Gilles, and pretty much ruined their psych for DC since the beginning.

It is entirely Gilles' fault that he lost his 2 winnable matches, I agreed. I just don't agree that the blame for losing the tie should be all on him. Because afterall this is a team event. And remember that he wasn't the first selection, just a replacement. He could have told the captain that he doesn't want to be there since he supposingly won't be playing anyway if Richard didn't withdrawal. And because he has such a bad record in DC, if he had felt any hesitant and worry about the responsibility, he could have back down and no one will blame him for it (but when I really think about that option, I think this will be self-preservation more than anything and I know Gilles isn't that guy who will do that). He's so upbeat about getting another chance, he wanted it badly, so much so that it paralyzed him in that Monaco match.

And to be very honest with you, which I never want to say this out loud but the sentiment is probably felt, that I am quite annoyed by Richard for withdrawing once again. He did the same thing last year for that MC tie. I felt he is directly responsible for Gilles getting into this situation. Then again, I saw him as another victim of Forget and it's really that Richard had felt so much pressure over the year that made him always injured during DC ties. I felt annoyed but at the same time sympathized him. In fact, the entire DC teams were injured all the time. Jo was injured in the 2010 final, everyone was injured for Austria, Gael/Richard for QF last and this year. I mean, Gilles was never the first choice anyway if these guys were good to go, but he always somehow got called up. For him who had been plagued by minor injuries here and there all the time since like 2010, he's the only guy who always show up when he got called on. Okay, fair enough that just willingness to respond to his duty call is not good enough, he has to actually win sth. But to blame him for showing up is absurb. To say that he should just turn the call down if he's not going to win is as absurb. No one player can guarantee that they will win, they can only guarantee that they will try their best. And we cannot fault Gilles for not trying. Yes, he has a block for DC, he's trying to overcome that. He wouldn't know he won't win if he didn't show up to play that match.

As for him playing badly, well, it's not just DC. Gilles hasn't play a decent match the entire 2013 saved 2 matches against DelPo and Tipsy (yet he won 16 matches and god knows how). Again, based on form, he unfortunately is still the 3rd best option for France. Because Chardy, Benny, Gael, Paire, they hadn't won a match or 2 in the past a month and a half. Should Clement gone beyond looking at the current result, maybe he should, but it is very understandable that he didn't. I think it's not Clement's fault whatsoever that this happened. This blame game is so counter-productive, but when you lost a tie, someone has to be blamed. I think it's okay that they blame Gilles, I just don't think it's okay that they crucified the guy who put his neck and heart out for this and got killed when he came up short. Then again, I'm never the kind of person who get upset at athletes who fail to win. I mean, if anything, I felt bad for them every time. I suppose I cannot expect other ppl to empathize instead of criticize.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #926
country flag lalaland
Registered User
 
lalaland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 5,955
lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Spring European Clay Season, Allez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilleSimonAddict View Post
- How to remove such a disappointment?

- By being stronger. Here, right now, I want to go to train and get better. I think we had the weapons to win this game. It's back to work. It is becoming better individually we will make the team stronger. This failure motivates me more than anything.
Forgot to say this. Glad that Gilles responded that way. I only hope that he can actually do it. I mean it's easy to say, but we'll have to really see if this has any long lasting effect on him. But if he's going to suck for awhile because of this unfortunate event (which is actually more of a devastation for him), I can understand and I'll be sure to be supportive along the way to recovery. I can't say DC is not worth it for him, afterall, he willingly put himself out there knowing that there'll be consequence and the odds is against him (and yes, I understand that Berlocq is only ranked 71, that he should have beat him in normal circumstance. But as we know, DC is not normal for Gilles). I feel sorry for him that it happened, the worse case scenario just us fans had been imagined. But he made his choice, he'll just have to man up to face the consequences now. As for his future in DC, he could be hopeful, but he should know that unless he wins RG or sth, he'll unlikely ever be asked again. He should prepare himself for that disappointment.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:22 PM   #927
country flag ImmzB
Registered User
 
ImmzB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: London
Posts: 14,400
ImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond reputeImmzB has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Gilles gave it his ALL and nobody can blame him. I really hope Gilles has a good French Open!!

Allez!!


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
__________________
[A.U.H.Qureshi] [R.Gasquet] [R.Nadal] [The Indo-Pak Express] [J.W.Tsonga] [P.H.Mathieu] [E.Gulbis] [J.Ward] [G.Monfils] [F.Verdasco] [Samir Iftikhar]

[M.Safin] [T.Henman] [G.Rusedski] [A.Roddick]


- A.Khan

Man-Utd Fan Forever!
ImmzB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:12 AM   #928
country flag T.C
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,197
T.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Spring European Clay Season, Allez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulage View Post
It's not all about the responsability of Forget or Clement. He's bad on court on DC that's a fact. He's not able to play good tennis on DC why ? Because of the DC staff ? I mean I don't understand why he's not able to produce good tennis all the matches he lost was not so difficult. He asked to play he was motivated and he lost badly that's a huge deception for him.
Of course, you're right that it's not all on Forget or Clement because in the end, it is just Gilles on the court. However, I have played competitive sports (obviously not on their level but varsity and intercollegiate) and have seen how a good coach/captain can coax great performances from his athletes and how a bad one can ruin a good player (and as a consequence, the team). I'm not even talking about deliberate slights but perhaps just not knowing the best way to motivate a player.

There is that balance of positive & negative motivation, independence & hand-holding, etc... needed to get the results you want from a player over and over again. Some are low-maintenance (Jo-Wilfried?) and some are high (Richard?). Forget just didn't seem to put much effort into nurturing his high maintenance players when he thought he could be successful with others. The problem is that one day he'd have to rely on his high-maintenance players...but what if he hadn't cultivated them?
T.C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:34 PM   #929
country flag lalaland
Registered User
 
lalaland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 5,955
lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Spring European Clay Season, Allez!

I can't stay away from reading those things, I am hopeless .

It felt like the French media's sentiment is more mild toward Gilles than toward Richard. And they aren't too nice to Mika either, like hinting we've seen the last of him too. I'm really feeling sorry for Richard and Mika too. But like I say, I don't think the media is that bad, I think the ppl who made comments are horrible. It's really baffling that some would suggest that the Argi won because they are more patriotic? Huh? So all ppl who fought and lost wars in the past were because they aren't patriotic enough? It's the same logic to say that ppl who survived cancer because they fought harder, as if if you die of cancer is because you don't want to live as much as the survivers do (it's adding insult to terminal disease). I don't understand how ppl can be so ignorant.

This is going to be a very long week for me. Sorry guys, I hope I can restrain myself from ranting my frustration on here. I'll try. I wish I know how to write in French, then I can go tell those ppl what I think instead of ranting it on here.

Last edited by lalaland : 04-09-2013 at 06:56 PM.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #930
country flag mike s.
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Age: 28
Posts: 868
mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Spring European Clay Season, Allez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
I can't stay away from reading those things, I am hopeless .

It felt like the French media's sentiment is more mild toward Gilles than toward Richard. And they aren't too nice to Mika either, like hinting we've seen the last of him too. I'm really feeling sorry for Richard and Mika too. But like I say, I don't think the media is that bad, I think the ppl who made comments are horrible. It's really baffling that some would suggest that the Argi won because they are more patriotic? Huh? So all ppl who fought and lost wars in the past were because they aren't patriotic enough? It's the same logic to say that ppl who survived cancer because they fought harder, as if if you die of cancer is because you don't want to live as much as the survivers do (it's adding insult to terminal disease). I don't understand how ppl can be so ignorant.

This is going to be a very long week for me. Sorry guys, I hope I can restrain myself from ranting my frustration on here. I'll try. I wish I know how to write in French, then I can go tell those ppl what I think instead of ranting it on here.
No worries, you can rant as much as you want. People are horrible when it comes to sports as if they could do any better sitting on their couches. Either way, it's good to hear that the press isn't going too hard on him but I feel sorry for Richard and Mika as well. From everything I've seen, all of the players on the French team care very much about winning for their country compared to many other teams so people should be happy that everyone is giving their best.

On the other hand, I'm embarrassed to admit but it's hard for me to get too upset about this loss because Davis Cup means absolutely nothing to me. I'm just not really that nationalistic when it comes to tennis. I'm only upset because Gilles cared and I'm worried it might affect the rest of his clay season. I hope he uses this as motivation to prove the commenters and critics wrong and have his best French Open yet. A QF is unlikely but would be a great achievement.
__________________
Gilles Simon-Roger Federer
mike s. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios