2013 Fall Season, Regroup! Allez! - Page 61 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #901
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Spring European Clay Season, Allez!

L'Equipe is not bad. They are never too bad at Gilles. It's more of the ppl leaving their responses on the site that are brutal. And Eurosports never have anything good to say about Gilles. If I have any self-restraint, I will not go look at what they say about Gilles.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2013, 09:31 PM   #902
country flag GilleSimonAddict

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

Well, at the end of the day, Gilles just needs to go look at his boy Timothee in the eyes and play with him and remember what's really important and forget about all this drama. I know it's easier said than done and it's a testament to his character that he cares so much but he doesn't need the grief.

He's still my favorite player and knight in shining armor. Good luck for the rest of the year and the clay court swing Gilles.
GilleSimonAddict is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #903
country flag janinafederer

janinafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond repute

i should avoid twitter right now...im so mad it looks like its ALL his falt, but also Benny and Mika lost their tie!!! oh my god see him crying like that just broke my heart!!! sorry guys its the 1st time i actually write here but ive been 'spying' on you for a long time...and despite my username my favourite player has been, is and always will be Gilles...ok now i go back to cry
janinafederer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #904
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilleSimonAddict View Post
Well, at the end of the day, Gilles just needs to go look at his boy Timothee in the eyes and play with him and remember what's really important and forget about all this drama. I know it's easier said than done and it's a testament to his character that he cares so much but he doesn't need the grief.

He's still my favorite player and knight in shining armor. Good luck for the rest of the year and the clay court swing Gilles.
Yep it's better to fail trying than not try at all. The good news is that the French Open will feel like a walk in the park compared to the pressure on him here.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #905
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by janinafederer View Post
i should avoid twitter right now...im so mad it looks like its ALL his falt, but also Benny and Mika lost their tie!!! oh my god see him crying like that just broke my heart!!! sorry guys its the 1st time i actually write here but ive been 'spying' on you for a long time...and despite my username my favourite player has been, is and always will be Gilles...ok now i go back to cry
Welcome to the board. Please keep posting, we always need more Gilles fans on here! Sorry it's under these circumstances but there will be good times too.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #906
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks for joining us here. I'm crying with you.

People is going to blame it all on him. It's not right but it's gonna be like this. We'll all have to brace ourselves for these.

I'm sorry, I cannot be business as usual, I'm gonna be real emotional about this for awhile.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #907

janinafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond reputejaninafederer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike s. View Post
Welcome to the board. Please keep posting, we always need more Gilles fans on here! Sorry it's under these circumstances but there will be good times too.
thank you im still trying to understand how to post here but i'll definitely keep posting! I might be new for you but you're not for me cause i read EVERYTHING you guys wrote about Gilles
Old 04-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #908

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
Thanks for joining us here. I'm crying with you.

People is going to blame it all on him. It's not right but it's gonna be like this. We'll all have to brace ourselves for these.

I'm sorry, I cannot be business as usual, I'm gonna be real emotional about this for awhile.
its possible that im a masochist cos in the last hour im constantly checking what ppl are writing abt Gilles on twitter and i cant believe how mean they can be!!!!! my 1st thought would be to aswer to all of them but on second thought i know its pointless. I have to accept that today Gilles is the scapegoat and france losing to Argentina its ALL his fault...ok lets move on
btw thanxx for welcoming me
Old 04-07-2013, 10:19 PM   #909
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

I'm here as well now. I didn't see, it but I only went on fb so far after following the scoreboard. I really feel like I have to stand up for him as his fan, cause he gets enough crap from everyone else already. I saw photos of Benny crying as well, so I hope that means Gilles won't get any from him. Anyway, this is what I commented on someone's status who said wanting to kill a few sportsmen today. I know this person probably doesn't mean it like this, so it is my frustration about all this and I couldn't restrain myself.

"I agree with the fact that he's not good at DC, but I believe it is the team who lost. Maybe he asked to play, but we can't only blame him. It's Arnaud's call, if he had absolutely no faith in Gilles for this match, he had others who also wanted to play. He made the decision, so he's responsible as well. Gilles isn't the only one who lost an important 5th. Remember Mika in Serbia? Maybe he asked to play as well, but everyone blamed Forget for the decision. Gilles must feel awful after trying his best today. And yes, I am convinced he played to the best of his ability in this match, cause there's no player in the world who wouldn't in such a match. Maybe it was very poor (couldn't see it, so can't tell), but then that was his best today. It just doesn't always work out like you wish, that's the game. And if it isn't already bad for the player, all this blaming from fans and media isn't helping. In general it's what I hate in sports. "We" win, but "they" lose. This mentality seems to be everywhere, in tennis, in soccer, in the Netherlands, in France, etc. I just can't understand why Gilles always is the bad guy in a team sport. Every team has a weak link, but like I said, it's the team who loses, not just the weak link."

I'm just sad for my boys today. Benny, Gilles, Arnaud... It could have been so great.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:27 PM   #910
country flag lalaland

Quote:
its possible that im a masochist cos in the last hour im constantly checking what ppl are writing abt Gilles on twitter and i cant believe how mean they can be!!!!! my 1st thought would be to aswer to all of them but on second thought i know its pointless. I have to accept that today Gilles is the scapegoat and france losing to Argentina its ALL his fault...ok lets move on
btw thanxx for welcoming me
Well, me too, a masochist. I have no self-restraint so I read the comments on L'Equipe and Eurosport. As expected, he lost 2 pts and the deciding match, to a player who's ranked 71, so it is all his fault. Every insult in the world is there.

How I had hoped that Julien or Mika played instead of him, I'm sure they wouldn't have won either, the 2 of them are way worse on clay than Gilles and didn't show that they are mentally tougher than Gilles judging by their double match. But unfortunate that it is, Gilles got called on again and he lost again. I'm not saying he has no fault, it is his fault that he lost. He already admitted that he lost the first match because he cracked. He knew he's not good, but they still call on him, he didn't shy away from it, he went out and gave it all, even if all is not much nor enough. And some suggested that he should have say no to the captain, refuse to go play so someone else can go win it for France. Okay, one more thing to blame him then. *sigh*
Old 04-07-2013, 10:37 PM   #911

Quote:
Well, me too, a masochist. I have no self-restraint so I read the comments on L'Equipe and Eurosport. As expected, he lost 2 pts and the deciding match, to a player who's ranked 71, so it is all his fault. Every insult in the world is there.

How I had hoped that Julien or Mika played instead of him, I'm sure they wouldn't have won either, the 2 of them are way worse on clay than Gilles and didn't show that they are mentally tougher than Gilles judging by their double match. But unfortunate that it is, Gilles got called on again and he lost again. I'm not saying he has no fault, it is his fault that he lost. He already admitted that he lost the first match because he cracked. He knew he's not good, but they still call on him, he didn't shy away from it, he went out and gave it all, even if all is not much nor enough. And some suggested that he should have say no to the captain, refuse to go play so someone else can go win it for France. Okay, one more thing to blame him then. *sigh*
before the match, while we didnt know yet who was gonna play, i too was praying that it was not Gillou! He doesn't need all this crap on him...he showed that he played with all his might and gave everything he had, he obviously chose to play despite knowing what he was risking if he had lost. So i can accept critics but not the insults...poor Gilles
Old 04-07-2013, 10:52 PM   #912
country flag lalaland

Quote:
before the match, while we didnt know yet who was gonna play, i too was praying that it was not Gillou! He doesn't need all this crap on him...he showed that he played with all his might and gave everything he had, he obviously chose to play despite knowing what he was risking if he had lost. So i can accept critics but not the insults...poor Gilles
Yes, as a fan, my thought is to hope that someone else to take this challenge, not him. But I knew he'll be the one to play because the other two options aren't any better. Arnaud said he of course has his doubt on Gilles. Gilles has doubt on Gilles, he already told the press that much. Is it because I am a fan that only a fan can appreciate the courage he has to take on this difficult task? He lost very badly to Berlocq last year here. He knew Berlocq is no slough, who shown as much against Tsonga the other day. He knew no one will show any pity on him if he loses. He went out there and tried his best and came up short. Why the world has to be so cruel . Well, I guess that is sports, you win you are the king, you lose you are nothing.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:49 PM   #913
country flag lalaland

Gilles said this:

La réaction de Gilles Simon (battu par Carlos Berlocq): "C'est de loin la défaite la plus difficile à encaisser de ma carrière. C'était un match très important pour tout le monde. Il fallait le gagner, je ne l'ai pas gagné. La manière on s'en fout, c'est le résultat qui compte. Sur le terrain, j'avais l'impression que c'était beaucoup mieux que vendredi. J'ai fait le max de ce que je pouvais faire. Je peux juste me reprocher de ne pas avoir été meilleur. J'avais juste envie de gagner, pour moi, pour les autres, pour Jo qui ne mérite pas de perdre en gagnant deux matches. Ca se joue sur pas grand chose. Le public n'a pas aidé. On le savait. L'Argentine a la chance d'avoir un des meilleurs publics du monde. Je sentais parfois que Carlos était fatigué, il les faisait chanter pendant deux minutes. Les joueurs ont magnifiquement bien utilisé le public. Monaco et Berlocq ont des jeux qui se ressemblent: ils font peu de fautes directes, il n'y a pas de point facile contre eux. Je suis extrêmement déçu. J'avais très envie de gagner ce point-là, c'était à ma portée, mais je n'ai pas su le faire. C'est à moi de vivre avec ça".

http://www.sudouest.fr/2013/04/07/co...17498-4599.php
Old 04-08-2013, 12:17 AM   #914

"C'est à moi de vivre avec ça" awwwwwww this is heartbreaking
Now he's suffering so much but i think that all in all he didnt play a bad match today (unlike the one vs Monaco) so i feel confident that he'll do well in MC. Certainly he did improve a lot since IW. I wanna stay positive
Old 04-08-2013, 02:11 AM   #915
country flag T.C

T.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Gilles said this:

La réaction de Gilles Simon (battu par Carlos Berlocq): "C'est de loin la défaite la plus difficile à encaisser de ma carrière. C'était un match très important pour tout le monde. Il fallait le gagner, je ne l'ai pas gagné. La manière on s'en fout, c'est le résultat qui compte. Sur le terrain, j'avais l'impression que c'était beaucoup mieux que vendredi. J'ai fait le max de ce que je pouvais faire. Je peux juste me reprocher de ne pas avoir été meilleur. J'avais juste envie de gagner, pour moi, pour les autres, pour Jo qui ne mérite pas de perdre en gagnant deux matches. Ca se joue sur pas grand chose. Le public n'a pas aidé. On le savait. L'Argentine a la chance d'avoir un des meilleurs publics du monde. Je sentais parfois que Carlos était fatigué, il les faisait chanter pendant deux minutes. Les joueurs ont magnifiquement bien utilisé le public. Monaco et Berlocq ont des jeux qui se ressemblent: ils font peu de fautes directes, il n'y a pas de point facile contre eux. Je suis extrêmement déçu. J'avais très envie de gagner ce point-là, c'était à ma portée, mais je n'ai pas su le faire. C'est à moi de vivre avec ça".

http://www.sudouest.fr/2013/04/07/co...17498-4599.php

I feel terrible for Gilles. It will be hard to bounce back from such a tough loss specially as he seems to be taking it quite hard but I hope the team is and continues to be supportive. For example, I hope Clement will still attend his matches.

And please, I hope he doesn't listen to Guy Forget. I think he planted the seed of insecurity in Gilles (and Richard) in Davis Cup. It is the captain's job to nurture and get the best out of all his players, not just the favored few. Forget never did that. So now Clement has to deal with the result.
T.C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote