2013 Fall Season, Regroup! Allez! - Page 42 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-12-2013, 01:17 AM   #616
country flag Nagyovafan

Nagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Spring US Hardcourts, Allez!

Well, nevermind.
Benoit Paire
Nagyovafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2013, 01:33 AM   #617
country flag Nagyovafan

Nagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond repute

One set all!

What the fuck is this match?
Benoit Paire
Nagyovafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:16 AM   #618
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute

Well, he still fights...

He's going to get crushed by Anderson though.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:42 AM   #619
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

He won. F**k me... I mean, from the utter shit crap that I saw in the first 6 games with 2 service breaks lost and as many DFs...I was sure he can't survive another set, I dragged to open up to check the score...until now.

Gosh, it's not pretty, is it.?! This win comes as no consolation when he's playing like crap again and again and again. I mean, I'm happy that he won (and thanks to the divine intervention that no doubt was in play). But what is his problem these days, can't he just play a decent match for once . I didn't even watch and I'm utterly frustrated . Sorry Gilles, we love you, (I mean, I hope we all still do ), but but but, this is getting to my limit. Anyhow...Allez.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:46 AM   #620
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
He won. F**k me... I mean, from the utter shit crap that I saw in the first 6 games with 2 service breaks lost and as many DFs...I was sure he can't survive another set, I dragged to open up to check the score...until now.

Gosh, it's not pretty, is it.?! This win comes as no consolation when he's playing like crap again and again and again. I mean, I'm happy that he won (and thanks to the divine intervention that no doubt was in play). But what is his problem these days, can't he just play a decent match for once . I didn't even watch and I'm utterly frustrated . Sorry Gilles, we love you, (I mean, I hope we all still do ), but but but, this is getting to my limit. Anyhow...Allez.
Lalaland, it was as bad as you can imagine but he never gave up and hopefully he'll be less tense against a non-French player. I'm not sure if his back or shoulder is bothering because that serve is .

ETA: He needs a coach, his game is falling apart and it doesn't appear as if he's in any better physical shape. Stop being stubborn Gilles
Old 03-12-2013, 03:13 AM   #621
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Mike, for the confirmation.
I question everything, but I always trust that he fights. That's one great quality he has that will never fail him. I love him for that.

I've worked myself up for the past 2 hrs away from the computer deliberately not watching (or should I say can't bear to watch). I feel like I'm having a nervous breakdown just thinking about that . So please pardon my language and tone, attitude...in the last post.

I agree he needs a coach asap. I think he's trying too hard to manage everything on his own and it's getting too stressed from all the pressure and responsibility he's forcing on himself. He needs to sit down and be honest with himself, make a list of what needs to be done to get his game/physical back and how he plans to go about achieving those goals. I mean, stop BSing about how he needs to be alone to figure things out, it's a fallacy he's fancying himself to believe in. The solution is not when he starts yapping to kick his entourage out so he has no one to yap to. That's stopping the pain without getting a cure to the origin of the problem. He needs to stop being agitated all the time so he doesn't need to yap to anyone. Oh Gilles, what are we going to do with you
Old 03-12-2013, 03:30 AM   #622
country flag sammy01

sammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond reputesammy01 has a reputation beyond repute

He has taken 10 years off my life this week with watching his 2 matches. He was simply horrible, cant serve, but is still in the tournament somehow!

Quote:
You don't show much these days, I get so fucking cold. He moves like the sunset, god who painted that
Follow me on twitter I talk loads of shit about tennis - https://twitter.com/#!/Sammyb01
sammy01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:59 AM   #623
country flag lalaland

Tennis Mag has an article on this match.
http://www.tennismagazine.fr/simon-l...52_a_1022.html

Pour son entrée en lice à Indian Wells face à Lorenzi, Gilles Simon avait sauvé trois balles de match. Lundi, au 3e tour, il a failli de nouveau prendre la porte. Son adversaire, Benoît Paire, est en effet passé à deux points du match à cinq reprises. Mais finalement c'est Simon qui est sorti vainqueur 3/6, 7/6, 6/4 de cette bataille. Un match marqué par 14 breaks au total et qui n'a jamais atteint des sommets en terme de niveau de jeu, comme le prouve le témoignage des deux joueurs après la rencontre.

Gilles Simon : "C'était mauvais comme ça a rarement été aussi mauvais. J'ai eu un problème au service que je n'avais jamais connu, quand tu jètes la balle et que tu sens que tu ne peux plus la mettre dans le carré. Je ne vois pas bien ici, le soleil est pénible et le ciel désespérement bleu, pas un repère, et ça rentre dans la tête et c'est là que ça devient dur. Ça ne m'était jamais arrivé à ce point-là. C'est ce que j'ai fait de plus mauvais sur un court depuis que je suis sur le circuit. Je ne me rappelle pas avoir joué à un niveau aussi bas depuis très longtemps."

Benoît Paire : "C'était nul, il n'y a pas d'excuse à trouver, c'était un match pourri. Je ne sentais rien, c'était une horreur pour moi. Mais je ne me suis pas trop enervé. J'aurais pu disjoncter complètement, je progresse à ce niveau-là. Je suis tendu en ce moment donc je vais essayer de me détendre, j'ai envie de couper un peu avant de retrouver mon entraîneur à Miami dimanche. Mais c'est un bon début de saison, il faut continuer là-dessus."

Gilles Simon jouera son huitième de finale face à Kevin Anderson. "Je vais essayer de gagner deux jeux. Si je joue comme aujourd'hui, deux jeux ce sera pas mal", plaisantait-il (à moitié) lundi soir.

Well, he said this is as bad as he can remembered he'd ever played, it's rarely been so bad. And if he plays like this against Anderson, he'll try to win 2 games and 2 games is probably not bad already....

Okay, we'll see if Gilles can manage 2 games in next match then.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:06 AM   #624
country flag mike s.

Quote:
Tennis Mag has an article on this match.
http://www.tennismagazine.fr/simon-l...52_a_1022.html

Pour son entrée en lice à Indian Wells face à Lorenzi, Gilles Simon avait sauvé trois balles de match. Lundi, au 3e tour, il a failli de nouveau prendre la porte. Son adversaire, Benoît Paire, est en effet passé à deux points du match à cinq reprises. Mais finalement c'est Simon qui est sorti vainqueur 3/6, 7/6, 6/4 de cette bataille. Un match marqué par 14 breaks au total et qui n'a jamais atteint des sommets en terme de niveau de jeu, comme le prouve le témoignage des deux joueurs après la rencontre.

Gilles Simon : "C'était mauvais comme ça a rarement été aussi mauvais. J'ai eu un problème au service que je n'avais jamais connu, quand tu jètes la balle et que tu sens que tu ne peux plus la mettre dans le carré. Je ne vois pas bien ici, le soleil est pénible et le ciel désespérement bleu, pas un repère, et ça rentre dans la tête et c'est là que ça devient dur. Ça ne m'était jamais arrivé à ce point-là. C'est ce que j'ai fait de plus mauvais sur un court depuis que je suis sur le circuit. Je ne me rappelle pas avoir joué à un niveau aussi bas depuis très longtemps."

Benoît Paire : "C'était nul, il n'y a pas d'excuse à trouver, c'était un match pourri. Je ne sentais rien, c'était une horreur pour moi. Mais je ne me suis pas trop enervé. J'aurais pu disjoncter complètement, je progresse à ce niveau-là. Je suis tendu en ce moment donc je vais essayer de me détendre, j'ai envie de couper un peu avant de retrouver mon entraîneur à Miami dimanche. Mais c'est un bon début de saison, il faut continuer là-dessus."

Gilles Simon jouera son huitième de finale face à Kevin Anderson. "Je vais essayer de gagner deux jeux. Si je joue comme aujourd'hui, deux jeux ce sera pas mal", plaisantait-il (à moitié) lundi soir.

Well, he said this is as bad as he can remembered he'd ever played, it's rarely been so bad. And if he plays like this against Anderson, he'll try to win 2 games and 2 games is probably not bad already....

Okay, we'll see if Gilles can manage 2 games in next match then.
Well, at least he's not injured then. He really needs therapy, what is he talking about with the sun? He just has it in his head that he can't see so now he's convinced himself his serve will be bad all week.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:14 AM   #625
country flag lalaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike s. View Post
Well, at least he's not injured then. He really needs therapy, what is he talking about with the sun? He just has it in his head that he can't see so now he's convinced himself his serve will be bad all week.
Exactly. The sun is shinning too bright in too blue a sky with no cloud Not sure if I should laugh or cry. Everything gets to his head these days.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #626
country flag Gilloulou

Gilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond reputeGilloulou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ACC is basically a contest between posters here who managed to produce the most nonsense on GM over the year, the biggest troll so to speak. So it's a 3-4 rounds (or more, not sure) elimination by votes. It's the opposite of popularity contest. I believe ACC stands for Arse Clown Contest, but I'm not entirely sure.
Lol super funny. Thanks

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Gilloulou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #627
country flag misty1
Banned!

misty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond reputemisty1 has a reputation beyond repute

really proud of the way he fought through that..but damn that was ugly
misty1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 04:48 PM   #628
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

Playing shit again but winning again , and vs an opponent he had never beated. Had he been playing well he would have had a chance vs Kevin, but playin like he is now, he will be lucky to make it close.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old 03-13-2013, 01:31 AM   #629
country flag mike s.

Gilles is up first on Stadium 1 against Anderson. Really surprised by the court placement but hope it inspires him to play better!
Old 03-13-2013, 04:59 AM   #630
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, now I can watch Gilles for the first time in this tournament. Anderson is a poorer version of Berdych, I'm not worried

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Thiem . Paire
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote