2013 Fall Season, Regroup! Allez! - Page 25 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #361
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Winter European Indoors, Allez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle-rn View Post
I've always found that the depth of his groundies is a good indicator of his form.
And I keep wondering is the weak groundies caused by some physical issue or purely psychological.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #362
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

Klizan saves a 0-40

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old 02-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #363
country flag Kezzi

Kezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond reputeKezzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle-rn View Post
Sent from my Rolls-Royce
That's so frustrating. I have this app too. It gives you the option to turn this off, but the forum admin can overwrite it. So whenever I turn it off, the next time I start the app, it's back. Why give the option if they overwrite it every time?
Old 02-15-2013, 09:02 PM   #364
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillouthe best View Post
Who are the people at his box anyway?
According to the commentator, the guy at the left hit with him at warm up (and hit like a beginner), so they are guessing that must be his physio. The rest... no idea, just some ppl sitting next to his "supposed" physio.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #365

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezzi View Post
That's so frustrating. I have this app too. It gives you the option to turn this off, but the forum admin can overwrite it. So whenever I turn it off, the next time I start the app, it's back. Why give the option if they overwrite it every time?
Yes, the same happens to me and it's so annoying.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:04 PM   #366

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
According to the commentator, the guy at the left hit with him at warm up (and hit like a beginner), so they are guessing that must be his physio. The rest... no idea, just some ppl sitting next to his "supposed" physio.
Thanks.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:06 PM   #367
country flag GilleSimonAddict

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And I keep wondering is the weak groundies caused by some physical issue or purely psychological.
I think it's become pretty clear at this point it's lack of confidence. He's said as much in the interviews. There's just no commitment or belief in his shot making right now. His serve, on the other hand, is much better now, but his ground game has gone to hell. It's just very frustrating for him and us. I wonder if he will ever get back to a state of doing everything he used to do well well again.
GilleSimonAddict is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:12 PM   #368

Another BP.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:12 PM   #369
country flag lalaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilleSimonAddict View Post
I think it's become pretty clear at this point it's lack of confidence. He's said as much in the interviews. There's just no commitment or belief in his shot making right now. His serve, on the other hand, is much better now, but his ground game has gone to hell. It's just very frustrating for him and us. I wonder if he will ever get back to a state of doing everything he used to do well well again.
But the groundies are landing at the service line right now, surely, he can hit 3 feet deeper and still have enough margin to not go out. So why not put another 10% of force on to it if he's capable. That's why I can't understand if it's not physical. I mean, if his opponent hit some really heavy ball that forces him to not be able to go deep... but it hasn't been the case.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:12 PM   #370

And a missed BH return
Old 02-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #371

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

And another BP wasted before the rally even starts.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #372

Quote:
But the groundies are landing at the service line right now, surely, he can hit 3 feet deeper and still have enough margin to not go out. So why not put another 10% of force on to it if he's capable. That's why I can't understand if it's not physical.
Because he doesn't have the confidence or belief in his ability to do so right now. Look at all the missed BP opportunities as well. I'll admit that Gilles has always been one who needs a few BP's opportunities before he gets it but never this much. He just can't get over the hump right now.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:18 PM   #373

Already 3 BP's gone, and he has another one. Oh boy, please take one Gillou
Old 02-15-2013, 09:18 PM   #374

If Simon can manage to raise his game just a little, I would think that even in this state he could win now because Klizan looks tired. But that's a big ask for Simon right now.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:20 PM   #375
country flag lalaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilleSimonAddict View Post
Because he doesn't have the confidence or belief in his ability to do so right now. Look at all the missed BP opportunities as well. I'll admit that Gilles has always been one who needs a few BP's opportunities before he gets it but never this much. He just can't get over the hump right now.
Yes, lacking the confidence makes one very not clutch, and in his case, he played a lot of timid point on the big points. But in a normal rally point at 15 all is a different thing. If he's so psychologically fragile, he shouldn't be winning any points at all.