2013 Fall Season, Regroup! Allez! - Page 108 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-27-2013, 08:00 AM   #1606
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Fall Season, Regroup! Allez!

Ugh it looks like the trainer is coming out. I got to go to bed, hopefully I wake up with good news but it doesn't look good.
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2013, 08:47 AM   #1607
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

He won. Love the fight, and the return game he broke Sjisling at the 3rd is kickass fantastic. So that 2.5 hrs of battling isn't wasted. But I fear he won't last the next match, with the sore back and all. Maybe it's for the best, if he can rest and get back to fully fit for the next tournaments coming. Either way...Allez!
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:03 AM   #1608
country flag GilleSimonAddict

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

Uh, where to begin? Heck of an effort from Gilles and I love the never say die attitude and fight as always!. Gilles' sets-won-in-a-row streak came to an end at 11 but that isn't really a big deal, just kinda fun to see him winning so efficiently as of late.

He fought hard and played pretty well, but it's troubling to see an injury or muscle strain may have reared its ugly head yet again already after barely a week back on tour. We'll have to see what he says in the press conference. Hopefully it's not too bad but it looked like it was really bothering him and he had to call the trainer so it was bad enough for that.

I'm nervous now that he seems not to be able to go the long haul in a tough match without possibly injuring himself to some degree. Even when he wins like now, who knows what kind of condition he'll be in now against presumably Berdych in the semis? If he can't do it in these 2 out of 3 set tournies now week in and week out, how is he going to do it in majors for 3 out of 5 sets day in and day out and expect to make any sort of run? It's worrisome. Age may be catching up with him.

Like he said in his first post-match interview after beating Tomic, it's his body that he's now lost his confidence in while he feels more confident in his game.

Anyway, good win for Gilles. I hope he doesn't have to pull out or end up having to play at less than 90% or so.

Allez Gilles!!
GilleSimonAddict is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #1609
country flag soulage

soulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond reputesoulage has a reputation beyond repute

De Witt has a lot of projects for Gilles. Interesting what he says about the body of Gilles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg simon.jpg (223.5 KB, 18 views)
soulage is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #1610
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

Gillou , 6th win in a row, shame about the sore back , I hope he gets it better for tomorrow. Good luck vs Tomas tomorrow!
Old 09-27-2013, 06:20 PM   #1611
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

If Gilles can recover overnight, he has good chance vs Berdych who hasn't been that impressive in his match vs Lu.

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Thiem . Paire
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 03:00 AM   #1612

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have a good feeling about Gilles' chances today against Berdych even though he's considered the favorite on paper because of the H2H. I hate that they are hyping it up so much on the ATP World Tour's page with the headline "Berdych's big ask" too because now if Simon loses badly, it will be more embarrassing for him because of the hype.

Here is a quote from his post-match press conference after his win over Sijsling.

Quote:
“It started to be too much a problem, my body,” said the Frenchman of his condition, “I felt the pain really quickly during the match, the second game of the match. I was serving and lost that long game. Then it was better. Then I felt the same pain, harder. I think it would be complicated to win the match. But finally, after two or three more games it was getting better and better. I just hope it’s gonna be fine tomorrow.”
It's not looking good for him to ever really be pain free during intense matches anymore unfortunately. I mean he says it started hurting in just the second game of the match. Yikes!

I think Berdych is the clear favorite despite the H2H today unfortunately, but good luck to him and I hope he can pull something out and find a way to win or at least lose competitively.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:13 AM   #1613
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

I've not followed his results in a while but I'm glad he won a title and is on a small streak. Honestly based on earlier results and constant injury I was sort of thinking he was nearing his end . But there's a bit of life left, so good .
Old 09-28-2013, 07:23 AM   #1614

From what I can see, it's not looking good for Gilles as far as his back goes because he still won't or isn't able to sit down in the chair, only sit on the edge of the stand piece next to the chairs. I wouldn't be surprised if he retired from this match.
Old 09-28-2013, 08:27 AM   #1615
country flag Nagyovafan

Nagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond reputeNagyovafan has a reputation beyond repute

That was one of the scrappiest performances I've seen from Gilles in a while. But he takes the first set all the same! He's gotta step up his game if he wants to win another set.
Benoit Paire
Nagyovafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:28 AM   #1616

How does he do it? Gilles has taken the 1st set! You've just got to admire that heart, wil, fight and determination he has. I'll never understand the haters of this guy. How can you not like that fight?
Old 09-28-2013, 08:41 AM   #1617

Well this is demoralizing and this set is toast. I don't know if Gilles has another sets worth of tennis left in him. He's clearly in some pain.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:01 AM   #1618

Gilles might want to think about getting some treatment again before the start of the 3rd set. Such a shame that an injury is hampering his chances yet again.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:09 AM   #1619

Good luck in set #3 Gilles. I don't know how you can possibly pull this off with your injury issue but I hope you can do it.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:13 AM   #1620
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think he will win this match, but I'm amazed that he actually won the first set. Whatever the outcome, he's done well, all things considered.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote