2013 Fall Season, Regroup! Allez! - Page 107 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-22-2013, 10:47 PM   #1591
country flag GilleSimonAddict

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Fall Season, Regroup! Allez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBR View Post
A youtube link to the whole match + trophy presentation (English commentary) is posted on your video thread.
Thank you so much DBR.
GilleSimonAddict is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2013, 11:30 PM   #1592

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a link to a yahoo sports article on Gilles' win today. I wouldn't really call it an upset like they do since he was the number 2 seed but whatever.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/simon-u...4448--ten.html

Here's a nice tidbit for all the Simon haters out there quick to brush him off.

From the article --
Quote:
Gilles Simon defeated defending champion and compatriot Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 6-4 6-3 in the Metz Open final on Sunday to become the joint second most successful Frenchman of the open era with an 11th ATP Tour title. The 16th-ranked Simon has joined former world number four Guy Forget on the list. Former French Open champion Yannick Noah is the only Frenchman to have won more with 23 tournament wins since professionals were allowed to compete in 1968.
Here are a couple of what I think are significant quotes from him in the article.

Quote:
"Yannick is still way ahead but I'm really happy joining Guy," Simon told a news conference."
Quote:
"What makes me really proud is to have won a trophy for the seventh consecutive year."
So see guys, it's just as important to him as it is to us about keeping the streak of winning at least a trophy every year for the past seven years alive and well. I know some people didn't think it was a big deal if he kept it up or not but it clearly is a huge source of pride for him from his own words and I definitely share in that sentiment.

Also, I don't think it'll be long before he is firmly and solely sitting at number 2 all time winning frenchman and not having to share it with the likes of Forget. If he keeps the streak alive it will be sometime next year, or maybe sooner, when he wins his next title and leaves Forget in the dust.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #1593
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Gilles just arrived in Bangkok this evening. Hope he's not too tired and take out Tomic on Thursday. I watched Tomic today vs Ivo, his form shouldn't be of any concern if Gilles isn't too tired.

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Paire . Dimitrov . Thiem
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #1594
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

this is in yesterday's paper:
En attendant, décollage ce soir pour la Thaïlande, où il devrait attaquer le tournoi de Bangkok jeudi. Risqué, comme enchaînement ? « Un peu, d’autant que là j’ai mal aux abdos. En tout cas, aucun regret d’avoir ajouté Metz à mon programme… »

His abs a little sore. Hopefully he will manage. Bangkok is obviously a surface that suits him well, although if he somehow doesn't get too deep this week, I think it is okay since he got 2 bigger tournaments coming.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #1595

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like Tomic underestimated Gilles Good news:

Quote:
I follow up by asking him about his next match against Gilles Simon, who must be tired after winning in Metz earlier in the week against Tsonga. In a battle of counterpunchers, what does Tomic plan to bring to the mix?

Tomic: “I’m going to be the more aggressive one and take my chances. He’s only going to do one thing, the thing he does very well and that’s get a lot of balls back.”
- See more at: http://www.changeovertennis.com/earl....mn35ZNIs.dpuf

Old 09-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #1596
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLighthouse View Post
Tomic: “I’m going to be the more aggressive one and take my chances. He’s only going to do one thing, the thing he does very well and that’s get a lot of balls back.”

perhaps he is trying to throw us off by pretending he doesn't know any better, either that or maybe he really doesn't know any better.

Anyways, Gilles plays first tomorrow. I don't see Bangkok listed on streamhunter, does that mean they haven't start streaming Bangkok yet? that would be a bummer . It's scheduled at a perfect time for me to watch, I don't even have to stay up late. Will be really pissed if they don't stream it. Hopefully they are just slow at listing them.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #1597

I really hope Gilles doesn't suffer a letdown now after winning in Metz or feel too tired from everything that's happened over the past week or so. I mean it's hard to adjust so quickly after winning one tournament and traveling to another in just a few days.

Tomic hasn't really been doing much of anything as of late, but he is a big boy and has a lot of power so I still can't just feel comfortable that Gilles will be fine. It all depends on whether or not he keeps his level he had in Metz or not. Hopefully there will be a lot of misfiring from Tomic as he tries to go for broke and be aggressive against Gilles.

Good luck Gilou!
Old 09-26-2013, 05:11 AM   #1598
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Gilles!

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old 09-26-2013, 06:32 AM   #1599
country flag lalaland

Nice 80 mins workout . Next...Sijsling. Allez Gilles.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:37 AM   #1600
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute

It's nice to not be worried about Gilles right now. I know this good streak will come to an end but I was pretty sure throughout the whole match that he would come through when he needed to and sure enough he got the break at the end. Congrats Gilles!
Old 09-26-2013, 06:40 AM   #1601

Good job Gilles! Definitely not playing at the level he was at in Metz though. Playing much more like the old Gilles unfortunately today. But I'll chalk that up to travel fatigue and early round adjusting and jitters hopefully. He still got through it in straight sets though instead of dragging it out to three which I'm liking. Much more efficient with his energy so far since his return. No more unnecessary set losses before eventually winning. Hopefully he'll step things up in the quarters.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:46 AM   #1602
country flag HalBanks

HalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond repute

Yes! Great to see this result (my favourite player beating one of my most disliked players - in straight sets) doesn't get much better than that! Onto the next round
HalBanks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 03:49 PM   #1603

I was at the stadium and boy, Tomic was terrible he didn't give Gilles a chance/rhythm to play well either and Gilles didn't need to bring his A game. We should see how Gilles feel physically tomorrow cos Sijsling has been playing excellent in his last two matches.

Old 09-26-2013, 05:23 PM   #1604

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Gilles [ 5th win in a row in straights ]. Good luck tomorrow vs Sisjling!

Old 09-26-2013, 06:03 PM   #1605

BTW, congrats on your 300th win Gilles