2013 Fall Season, Regroup! Allez! - Page 101 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-08-2013, 06:15 AM   #1501
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Summer US Hardcourt Season, Allez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by news-tennis83 View Post
In fact, he refers to illness (whooping cough) of July, "he has been ill".
Sorry for the confusion. I thought he meant during the match. But then he probably would have twitted "était" malade. The subtelities of French.

But this is correct information: Gilles apparently stayed on in Montreal. He is on today's practice schedule.
Source:http://www.rogerscup.com/men/pdf/Hor...out%202013.pdf

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2013, 06:27 AM   #1502
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan2012 View Post
The boy needs to EAT! He needs nutrients. I've never seen someone so thin among the elite athletes. Djokovic is thin too, but seems much more solid. How anyone can live near the fabulous French cuisine and not eat enough is beyond me!
The strength of your immmune system probably has nothing to do with whether you are skinny or chubby. And I don't know why ppl always assume that he doesn't eat . Yes, he's skinny as hell, but he has energy to play 3-4 hours matches in Grand Slam, how's it possible to think he doesn't eat enough? Some ppl are genetically skinny no matter how much they eat, I know some of those type myself. Gilles was asked once by reporter why he doesn't gain weight while loving to eat all those ice cream, candies and sweets. He said his weight just doesn't change whether he eats a lot or less, it's always at 69kg. And it's been reported that he ate a dozen of mini croissants for breadfast (and how much calories would that be considering what croissant is made of), you really need to wonder how he's still skinny if not because of his genes. But if you are talking about him needing nutrients, that's a completely different matter. He loves eating junk food, and if he still hasn't changed to a straighter diet, then I guess he is definitely guilty for that. Maybe he should buy Nole's cookbook to learn Nole's diet. Then again, Gilles doesn't have the commitment that Nole has, otherwise, he would have cut junk food off his diet a lot time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by news-tennis83 View Post
In fact, he refers to illness (whooping cough) of July, "he has been ill".
He's not ill right now but apparently (i've read), he still suffers from the broken rib and that the pain should stop in the next few days (according to him).
Ic. Just me wondering out loud but how would he know when the pain will go away lol.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:56 AM   #1503
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

Interview from Gilles after the match ; he says he wasn't ready in Washington & here, but he decided to try to avoid the zero pointers ; he would have withdrew from Cincy if the pain wasn't getting better, but he feels already a bit better, so he will give it a go. He still can't practice all days, so he gets tired easily.

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=91537
Old 08-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #1504
country flag HalBanks

HalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the interview link. Nice to read the situation explained in his own words. Sounds like he has already gone through the worst of the pain, so that's good to hear.
HalBanks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:27 PM   #1505
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Good that there's an itw to read so we don't have to speculate what happened.

I had wanted to say that he should rest until he's ready, but then I suppose he knows about his body better than we do, so I guess his choosing to play the last 2 weeks was the necessary choice for him to get himself back on track? maybe. Well, we'll see what happen next week then. This being so close to USO...plus baby on the way, I feel like just write the next few weeks off and wait for fall .
Old 08-08-2013, 11:45 PM   #1506
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
Good that there's an itw to read so we don't have to speculate what happened.

I had wanted to say that he should rest until he's ready, but then I suppose he knows about his body better than we do, so I guess his choosing to play the last 2 weeks was the necessary choice for him to get himself back on track? maybe. Well, we'll see what happen next week then. This being so close to USO...plus baby on the way, I feel like just write the next few weeks off and wait for fall .
Yep, it's just so frustrating because two years in a row he's missing the entire summer hardcourt season which should be one of his better parts of the season.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:08 AM   #1507
country flag HalBanks

HalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike s. View Post
Yep, it's just so frustrating because two years in a row he's missing the entire summer hardcourt season which should be one of his better parts of the season.
It's extra annoying if you look at how his section of the draw played out at Rogers Cup. Great opportunity for Gilles (at his best) to realistically reach the final at least. Oh well
Old 08-10-2013, 12:28 AM   #1508
country flag lalaland

Gilles' draw in Cincy.

[1] Djokovic - BYE
Monaco - Melzer
Qualifer - Qualifer
[SE] Pospisil - [15] Simon

[12] Raonic - [WC] Sock
Tipsarevic - Querrey
F. Mayer - Isner
BYE - [8] Gasquet

I guess depends on how he feels. Pospisil coming off a big week this week, maybe he'll have a little bit of let-down? Well, I don't know. If he wins a match, I'll probably be very very very happy. Allez Gilles!
Old 08-10-2013, 12:37 AM   #1509
country flag lalaland

I just realized since he got sick in England, he lost R1 in the past 3 tournaments. Hope this streak will end soon.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #1510
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately I think this is another first round loss unless Pospisil makes the finals and withdraws. Oh well, hopefully he feels even better this week so that he gets a little bit of confidence to make a little run at the U.S. Open
Old 08-10-2013, 04:23 PM   #1511
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

I hope we can at least see his match, because we haven't seen him since Wimbledon, and I would like to see how he's playing.
Old 08-10-2013, 08:48 PM   #1512
country flag lalaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike s. View Post
Unfortunately I think this is another first round loss unless Pospisil makes the finals and withdraws. Oh well, hopefully he feels even better this week so that he gets a little bit of confidence to make a little run at the U.S. Open
Didn't have a chance to watch any matches this week, but I'm watching Pospisil against Raonic right now, and I have to agree with you, looks like another early exit for Gilles .

Also agree that it sucks that he's missing out on yet another summer hard court season. But if he can get his health back for fall, he'll be rather fresh for the remaining of the hard courts, maybe he can do sth then.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #1513
country flag lalaland

Gilles' teaming with Jarkko for the double, they are playing against Fish/Melzer later today. Allez to Team De Witt .
Old 08-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #1514
country flag mike s.

Gilles on Court 7, no stream again. At least I got to see him in Washington, I feel extra bad for the rest of you
Old 08-13-2013, 12:06 AM   #1515
country flag HalBanks

Well, they lost (very close match though.) Glad he got some extra competitive time on court though and I'm feeling more positive about the Pospisil match. Allez Gilles!