2013 Fall Season, Regroup! Allez! - Page 100 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-02-2013, 12:22 AM   #1486
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 Summer US Hardcourt Season, Allez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaland View Post
Gilles is always a slow starter, especially after a long layoff. He hasn't been playing for 5 weeks, and in fact, he said that much that he hasn't been able to do anything physically for the 3-4 weeks after Wimby. I fully expected him to be rusty and he was. I'm glad that he played in Washington, because if his first match after a long layoff is Montreal, I can be sure that he'll bomb out on that one. So I rather he just try it in a smaller tournament and get the rust out. Hopefully, he got a feel of the ball in the last match to slowly get back to the groove.
Also, this is no excuse but when he was up 4-3 in the first set, a fan had a seizure in the stands and there was a 10-15 minute break so he lost his rhythm when the match started again and lost the next three games. He had won 4 out of the last 5 games at that point so I think the set and maybe the match could have turned out differently.
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2013, 04:49 AM   #1487
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike s. View Post
Also, this is no excuse but when he was up 4-3 in the first set, a fan had a seizure in the stands and there was a 10-15 minute break so he lost his rhythm when the match started again and lost the next three games. He had won 4 out of the last 5 games at that point so I think the set and maybe the match could have turned out differently.
Thanks for the info. I was wondering why there was a long pause at 4-3. I thought the scoreboard stuck or sth, or a MTO. But anyway, it's good to know that. And like you said, no excuse. But him losing concentration after a pause in the match is so like him, like every start of a new set he always have a little walkabout. That I think it probably got harder to concentrate when you haven't play a match for weeks.
lalaland is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #1488
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

Montreal draw:

Simon vs Davydenko
Andujar vs Qualifier
Qualifier vs Llodra
(3) Ferrer vs Bye

This would be a great draw if he was 100 %. Now we can only hope he's not that rusty anymore, and if so the draw should allow him to make R3. I don't think he can get past Ferrer at this stage of the comeback, but that's thinking too far ahead, I would be happy with him beating Kolya.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old 08-03-2013, 01:55 AM   #1489
country flag mike s.

mike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond reputemike s. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gillouthe best View Post
Montreal draw:

Simon vs Davydenko
Andujar vs Qualifier
Qualifier vs Llodra
(3) Ferrer vs Bye

This would be a great draw if he was 100 %. Now we can only hope he's not that rusty anymore, and if so the draw should allow him to make R3. I don't think he can get past Ferrer at this stage of the comeback, but that's thinking too far ahead, I would be happy with him beating Kolya.

I don't think he's too far away from what I saw. The groundstrokes were solid if he was in position so it's all about getting some of his conditioning back this week and hopefully feeling better on the serve. Even not at his best, I think he can make the third round with this draw.
Old 08-03-2013, 06:33 PM   #1490
country flag lalaland

lalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond reputelalaland has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty nice draw. Hopefully he is in form enough to take advantage of it. Allez Gilles.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:17 PM   #1491
country flag GilleSimonAddict

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

Sigh, And so the drought of not being able to see a Gilles Simon match in what feels like forever continues on as he's scheduled 4th up on court 9 tomorrow, which last I checked, wasn't a streamed court. Only Central and BN courts are. So if he loses to Davydenko tomorrow, which I hope he doesn't but am fully prepared for the possibility of, that will extend the amount of time even longer to not be able to see him. This sucks.
GilleSimonAddict is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:20 PM   #1492
country flag Gillouthe best

Gillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond reputeGillouthe best has a reputation beyond repute

Well, about to lose right now, he can't defeat anyone serving at 35%, can he?

Old 08-07-2013, 12:12 AM   #1493
country flag HalBanks

HalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond reputeHalBanks has a reputation beyond repute

I couldn't watch the match so I can't judge his level as well as you guys probably can. How was he looking overall? Following the live-scores it looked promising at the start, but barely winning a game in the last two sets is extreme. What changed after the first set?
HalBanks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:09 AM   #1494
country flag GilleSimonAddict

GilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond reputeGilleSimonAddict has a reputation beyond repute

Sigh, and the drought will continue on. It's seriously feeling like eternity since the last time I got to watch him play. Although I'm kinda glad I wasn't able to witness his colossal meltdown today. You know things are bad for you at the moment when you actually out choke Davydenko. Or whatever happened. 6-2 in the first set easy and then he just went away.
GilleSimonAddict is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:23 AM   #1495
country flag lalaland

There wasn't a stream, was there? I didn't check, didn't even watch SB. I'm just going to be very patiently waiting for him to return to form.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:26 AM   #1496
country flag mike s.

Gilles . My guess from seeing him last week is that he ran out of steam physically but I guess we won't know until next week.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:18 AM   #1497
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Eric Salliot ‏@ericsalliot 6h
@Kerou29 Benet est dans le dur cette année, Mika peine en outdoor, Chardy manque de confiance et Simon a été malade...

Eric Salliot, a French Tennis journaliste twitted that Gilles was ill.

~♠ Gasquetaires ♠~

un pour tous, tous pour un
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:26 PM   #1498
country flag lalaland

Thanks Puschkin, for the tweet.
Wonder what he's having this time, immune system of his is a bit weak. Hope he recovers well for next week.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:55 PM   #1499
country flag TennisFan2012

TennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond reputeTennisFan2012 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wonder what he's having this time, immune system of his is a bit weak. Hope he recovers well for next week.
The boy needs to EAT! He needs nutrients. I've never seen someone so thin among the elite athletes. Djokovic is thin too, but seems much more solid. How anyone can live near the fabulous French cuisine and not eat enough is beyond me!
TennisFan2012 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 05:55 AM   #1500
country flag Casp83

Casp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond reputeCasp83 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In fact, he refers to illness (whooping cough) of July, "he has been ill".
He's not ill right now but apparently (i've read), he still suffers from the broken rib and that the pain should stop in the next few days but he can practice (according to him).

Last edited by Casp83 : 08-08-2013 at 06:22 AM.
Casp83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote