NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013 - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: are you with me?

yep, laver step aside 34 36.17%
no, no, no 22 23.40%
put down the crack pipe 28 29.79%
Donal Young to beat him in 5 at the USO to end his dreams 10 10.64%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 05:09 AM   #106
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depeche View Post
Totally agree with Abel and Insouciant. To be honest, I'll be disappointed if he doesn't win two slams this year. I can buy that the 2012 RG and USO finals involved some bad luck, and it sounds like he struggled with a lot of off-court distractions last year, but he has to start racking slams up now if only to do justice to his own talent. Time is quickly passing and he needs to take advantage of his prime.
The bad luck being he was up against a vastly more talented and gifted clay court player?

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 8 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 05:37 AM   #107
country flag Depeche

Depeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
The bad luck being he was up against a vastly more talented and gifted clay court player?
Of course Nadal is more talented on clay. But we don't know what would have happened if the weather wasn't such a mess; Novak is obviously capable of beating him. Anyway, my general point was the opposite of all this: while I'm content with these types of excuses (fans' excuses, not Novak's) for 2012, he can't have more finals like those in 2013 if he's really going to take advantage of his prime. As another poster said, the time is now.
Depeche is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-03-2013, 05:46 AM   #108
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depeche View Post
Of course Nadal is more talented on clay. But we don't know what would have happened if the weather wasn't such a mess; Novak is obviously capable of beating him. Anyway, my general point was the opposite of all this: while I'm content with these types of excuses (fans' excuses, not Novak's) for 2012, he can't have more finals like those in 2013 if he's really going to take advantage of his prime. As another poster said, the time is now.
Well, the first two and a half sets the weather was fine, and the scoreline was 6-3 6-4 2-0... so that's a pretty good indication, I think.

Novak is obviously capable of beating him? Sure, but not at RG. He has played him 4 times there, and won a grand total of 1 set under questionable circumstances. His only hope is Rafa doesn't recover from his injuries.

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 8 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is online now View My Blog!  
Old 01-03-2013, 06:20 AM   #109
country flag Ivelina_P

Ivelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond reputeIvelina_P has a reputation beyond repute

He's got two major obstacles on his way and two or three minor
but since 2011 nothing seems impossible for him
Ivelina_P is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #110
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, the first two and a half sets the weather was fine, and the scoreline was 6-3 6-4 2-0... so that's a pretty good indication, I think.

Novak is obviously capable of beating him? Sure, but not at RG. He has played him 4 times there, and won a grand total of 1 set under questionable circumstances. His only hope is Rafa doesn't recover from his injuries.
Nadal was lucky that Federer played his best match of the year in the RG's semifinals 2011, otherwise Nole would have got his first RG in the bag. Of that I'm certain.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic provisional nº2

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-03-2013, 03:07 PM   #111
country flag tampie

tampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond reputetampie has a reputation beyond repute

In 2013 it was a four-way split of the honors; this year the Djoker will take half of the pie, but not the entire... My call would be that Murray will take the rest of the cake!
New this year: Cash Money prizes (no entry fee for the game)
tampie is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #112
country flag munZe konZa

munZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond reputemunZe konZa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Weather was terrible entire day and Nole was subdued from beginning and then he decided to play and won 8 straight games when they stopped the play. It was played on Nole's terms.
munZe konZa is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #113
country flag bounccer

bounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond reputebounccer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nole fan View Post
Nadal was lucky that Federer played his best match of the year in the RG's semifinals 2011, otherwise Nole would have got his first RG in the bag. Of that I'm certain.

But maybe not Wimbly, who knows... It would be emotionnaly hard for him to win both back to back, even worse considering he would still be undefeated with a considerable pressure on his shoulders. (He was flying under the radar before Wimbly 2011 even though he had lose only one match this year, Federer and Nadal were seen as the join favorites)

It was probably better for him to win Wimbly rather than the French this year, he has a much greater shot on clay in the future than on grass imo, but Wimbly is already in the bag, good for him.

Last edited by bounccer : 01-03-2013 at 06:03 PM.
bounccer is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-03-2013, 05:00 PM   #114
country flag The Fearhand

The Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fearhand has a reputation beyond repute

If there's 1 player who can...it's Djo no doubt.
The Fearhand is online now View My Blog!  
Old 01-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #115
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounccer View Post
But maybe not Wimbly, who knows... It would be emotionnaly hard for him to win both back to back, even worse considering he would still be undefeated with a considerable pressure on his shoulders. (He was flying under the radar before Wimbly 2011 even though he had lose only one match this year, Federer and Nadal was seen as the join favorites)

It was probably better for him to win Wimbly rather than the French this year, he has a much greater shot on clay in the future than on grass imo, but Wimbly is already in the bag, good for him.
agree 100%
Saberq is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #116
country flag rutinos harcos
Banned!

rutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond repute

If there was justice in this world Djoko King and Spanish Teddy Bear would split next 16 big ones,4 for the Teddy Bear and 12 for Djoko King.Still,one can hope.
rutinos harcos is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #117
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutinos harcos View Post
If there was justice in this world Djoko King and Spanish Teddy Bear would split next 16 big ones,4 for the Teddy Bear and 12 for Djoko King.Still,one can hope.
Rafole bi-tards are ridiculous.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #118
country flag rutinos harcos
Banned!

rutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
Rafole bi-tards are ridiculous.
Fedray bi-tards are amusing,they're qualified for job positions in circus.
rutinos harcos is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-03-2013, 09:31 PM   #119
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

Are there any fedray bitards
Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-03-2013, 09:41 PM   #120
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampie View Post
this year the Djoker will take half of the pie, but not the entire... My call would be that Murray will take the rest of the cake!
Two players splitting the slams winning two each hasn't happened since 1967. Odd. In the WTA is has happened three times since 1967. In 1982, 2001 and 2003. ATP is due for this. But will it happen?
Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread