NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013 - Page 7 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: are you with me?

yep, laver step aside 34 36.17%
no, no, no 22 23.40%
put down the crack pipe 28 29.79%
Donal Young to beat him in 5 at the USO to end his dreams 10 10.64%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 08:28 PM   #91
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOVAK DJOKOVIC will win the CYGS in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allez View Post
Please. Nole is not beating Murray on grass
you're right...........I mean he won Wimbledon...............wait......no that's not him
Saberq is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #92
country flag Insouciant

Insouciant has a reputation beyond reputeInsouciant has a reputation beyond reputeInsouciant has a reputation beyond reputeInsouciant has a reputation beyond reputeInsouciant has a reputation beyond reputeInsouciant has a reputation beyond reputeInsouciant has a reputation beyond reputeInsouciant has a reputation beyond reputeInsouciant has a reputation beyond reputeInsouciant has a reputation beyond reputeInsouciant has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Depeche View Post
Yeah, I'm curious for Insouciant to expand on his/her thoughts. I've watched the performances too and don't think you can tell much either way from them. He played at his absolute best ("2.0") in his match vs. Ferrer in Abu Dhabi. His next match vs. Almagro wasn't as great, but Almagro was at his absolute best, and Novak still won. Then the latest match vs. Seppi was just kind of whatever - not all-out dominating but perfectly fine. I noticed that he's trying to play forehands and backhands down the line more, which is an improvement over his disuse of them in 2012.

It's also hard at this stage to disentangle diminished-effort exho play from what his "real" level is. The idea that he's going to have another 2011 is probably a pipe dream anyway, but I'm not sure if his recent play gives us clues either way, really.
Didn't mean to sound negative, he played solid. But his game was just too up and down, he played brilliantly against Ferrer (some amazing BHDTLs, his best weapon) and then against Almagro he was not as sharp. And that's the problem, he can play amazingly one day but you can't trust that in important matches he'll be as sharp as he can be. I was very nervous last year watching him play as he could very easily have concentration lapses. Against Seppi again not as sharp but fair enough that was understandable because he must've been jet lagged...Against Tomic and in doubles though, he was just a disaster. But I'm glad he got out his one very bad day out of the way now, when it doesn't count (plus he didn't seem to try very hard)
And I guess the exhos won't give a great picture because he'll probably give his all in slams but just as an idea I would guess that his slam results won't be as good as 2011. But like I said I hope I'm wrong
Insouciant is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #93
country flag rutinos harcos

rutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond repute

Djoko King should use Tesla's secret weapon to fight Jerk Fed mafia.He should also ditch that poodle and get some vicious doberman.
He should be feared on and off the court.

ANTI DISGUSTING CHEATDULL
Balding,butt picking moonballer,the biggest cheater in the history of the sport.
THE MOST DISGUSTING WORD IN THE UNIVERSE:vamos
Endless DISGUSTING luck:rain, net, sick opponent.
Proud hater of disgusting BORING defensive moonballer from some island.
BEST SHOT EVER:USO SF 2011 Djoko King's CC FH on Fed's match point.
rutinos harcos is online now View My Blog!  
Old 01-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #94
country flag Depeche

Depeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insouciant View Post
Didn't mean to sound negative, he played solid. But his game was just too up and down, he played brilliantly against Ferrer (some amazing BHDTLs, his best weapon) and then against Almagro he was not as sharp. And that's the problem, he can play amazingly one day but you can't trust that in important matches he'll be as sharp as he can be. I was very nervous last year watching him play as he could very easily have concentration lapses. Against Seppi again not as sharp but fair enough that was understandable because he must've been jet lagged...Against Tomic and in doubles though, he was just a disaster. But I'm glad he got out his one very bad day out of the way now, when it doesn't count (plus he didn't seem to try very hard)
And I guess the exhos won't give a great picture because he'll probably give his all in slams but just as an idea I would guess that his slam results won't be as good as 2011. But like I said I hope I'm wrong
I didn't think you sounded negative at all. The exho stuff is just so hard to judge from because no one knows what percentage anyone is playing at. I doubt we're going to see the same laser-like focus he possessed in the first half of 2011 again, but I also hope the days like the ones around Wimbledon 2012 are over; he seemed distracted and unfocused then for sure.
Depeche is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-02-2013, 09:10 PM   #95
country flag FlameOn

FlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond reputeFlameOn has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez Novak. Now the insufferable Aussie media will be hyping up Tomic even more if that's possible.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #96
country flag Abel

Abel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I didn't think you sounded negative at all. The exho stuff is just so hard to judge from because no one knows what percentage anyone is playing at. I doubt we're going to see the same laser-like focus he possessed in the first half of 2011 again, but I also hope the days like the ones around Wimbledon 2012 are over; he seemed distracted and unfocused then for sure.
Agreed on all points. It's unrealistic and perhaps unfair to expect a replica of the first half of 2011 again (and especially for him to play like that throughout 2013). But we can perhaps hope to see more than what he showed at Wimbledon last year, even if it is his weakest surface.

An AO/USO double would be a great year. It shouldn't be expected but it is well within his capacity. Add RG and we're in dreamland. Wimbledon should probably be forgotten unless Murray tanks and someone else takes out Fed.
Abel is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-02-2013, 09:19 PM   #97
country flag Insouciant

Insouciant has a reputation beyond reputeInsouciant has a reputation beyond reputeInsouciant has a reputation beyond reputeInsouciant has a reputation beyond reputeInsouciant has a reputation beyond reputeInsouciant has a reputation beyond reputeInsouciant has a reputation beyond reputeInsouciant has a reputation beyond reputeInsouciant has a reputation beyond reputeInsouciant has a reputation beyond reputeInsouciant has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah his performance in the summer, especially in the Olympics was disappointing but it was promising that he bounced back from that. I think the Olympics meant a lot to him. And although I'm not expecting him to play at his 2011 level, I hope he can atleast improve from 2012 a little bit just because he had a great year but ultimately in finals he could've done so much better and wind/rain etc are not very good excuses.
Insouciant is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #98
country flag Depeche

Depeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond reputeDepeche has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree with Abel and Insouciant. To be honest, I'll be disappointed if he doesn't win two slams this year. I can buy that the 2012 RG and USO finals involved some bad luck, and it sounds like he struggled with a lot of off-court distractions last year, but he has to start racking slams up now if only to do justice to his own talent. Time is quickly passing and he needs to take advantage of his prime.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #99
country flag philosophicalarf

philosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond repute

It's extraordinarily difficult. Even if you allow a top guy hits his form/fitness for all four slams, gets a decent draw and so on, it's a very low chance ..... and that's with Nadal awol.

Give Djoko his betfair odds (43%) to win the Aus atm, roughly similar chances for Roland Garros and for Wimbledon, 60% for US (obviously his odds would decrease with each subsequent GS win). That works out a little under 5%. OK, I pulled those numbers out of my ass, but the point is the multiplicative effect.
philosophicalarf is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-02-2013, 09:47 PM   #100
country flag rutinos harcos

rutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond reputerutinos harcos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Totally agree with Abel and Insouciant. To be honest, I'll be disappointed if he doesn't win two slams this year. I can buy that the 2012 RG and USO finals involved some bad luck, and it sounds like he struggled with a lot of off-court distractions last year, but he has to start racking slams up now if only to do justice to his own talent. Time is quickly passing and he needs to take advantage of his prime.
Very good point.The time is now for Djoko.This year and next year he must take as many Grand Slams as possible.I'm not saying he won't have chance to do that in 2015 & 2016 but this and next year are ideal for him to secure his status as a legend.

ANTI DISGUSTING CHEATDULL
Balding,butt picking moonballer,the biggest cheater in the history of the sport.
THE MOST DISGUSTING WORD IN THE UNIVERSE:vamos
Endless DISGUSTING luck:rain, net, sick opponent.
Proud hater of disgusting BORING defensive moonballer from some island.
BEST SHOT EVER:USO SF 2011 Djoko King's CC FH on Fed's match point.
rutinos harcos is online now View My Blog!  
Old 01-02-2013, 11:45 PM   #101
country flag Nole fan
The new era of SuperNovak

Nole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond reputeNole fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutinos harcos View Post
Very good point.The time is now for Djoko.This year and next year he must take as many Grand Slams as possible.I'm not saying he won't have chance to do that in 2015 & 2016 but this and next year are ideal for him to secure his status as a legend.
You're absolutely right and I hope he will do precisely that.

Either you get him or you don't.

Novak Djokovic nº1!

The Golden Era of Novak: Australian Open * Dubai * Indian Wells * Miami * Belgrade * Madrid * Rome * Wimbledon * Montreal * US Open * Abu Dhabi * Australian Open * Miami * Toronto * China * Shanghai * World Tour Finals 2012 * Australian Open 2013 * Dubai * Montecarlo * Beijing * Shanghai * Paris * WTF * Indian Wells * Miami * Rome * WIMBLEDON 2014
Federer to Nole: "Amazing year. Amazing tournament. Amazing match. You are THE BEST!"
Nole fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-02-2013, 11:54 PM   #102
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Players now aren't the same; they don't agree with commentators
who tell them to just accept losing to the top player. That separates the champions the last 5 years from the champ from 2004.
heya is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-03-2013, 03:08 AM   #103
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Nole better hope someone takes out his main threat in each GS.

But it's unlikely he won't run into Tomic at some point this season. The CYGS is pretty much out of the question.
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-03-2013, 03:39 AM   #104
country flag SliceAce
Banned!

SliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The thing about exhos is some players, like Federer, have enough variety in their game to show off, try new things, and entertain the crowd. Federer's been doing the exho circuit for a long time, he knows how to use it as practice while pleasing the fans. Other players, like Djokovic, have really only one game-mode: run around on the baseline and hit at various speeds. Djokovic can entertain with his impressions and acting like a clown, but his game can't really change.

Though his mental focus obviously wasn't 100%, Djokovic losing the pre-AO exhos is a bad sign.
SliceAce is offline View My Blog!  
Old 01-03-2013, 03:48 AM   #105
country flag Depeche

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
The thing about exhos is some players, like Federer, have enough variety in their game to show off, try new things, and entertain the crowd. Federer's been doing the exho circuit for a long time, he knows how to use it as practice while pleasing the fans. Other players, like Djokovic, have really only one game-mode: run around on the baseline and hit at various speeds. Djokovic can entertain with his impressions and acting like a clown, but his game can't really change.

Though his mental focus obviously wasn't 100%, Djokovic losing the pre-AO exhos is a bad sign.
I think we all see what we want to see. After the match, Novak said:

Quote:
“I know I'm still not close to my maximum, but I expected that because I started my preparations much, much later from most of the players because of the late season finish.

“For me it's important just to keep it up, stay healthy and get ready to be 100 per cent ready for Melbourne (the Australian Open).”
So I'm sure he knows he's not where he wants to be yet and will work to hopefully get there. I'm sure those who aren't fans of his will nevertheless interpret these results as a bad sign. I guess we'll see in a few weeks.
Closed Thread