Grigor " The Great " in 2013 (General thread) - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-03-2013, 06:53 AM   #31
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grigor " The Great " in 2013 (General thread)

Nice result although I was really expecting him to win this match. He's always had the talent but it looks like he's finally developing the mental strength he needs to win these kind of matches
Hypnotize is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #32
country flag BlueLighthouse

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Winning both single and double on the same day

Good start of 2013.

Gulbis . Tursunov . Simon . Paire . Dimitrov . Thiem
BlueLighthouse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #33
country flag swedes_rule

swedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond repute

hi folks - just home from day 5 and again was VERY impressed.

i see people everywhere comparing him to federer but for me i was thinking it was like sampras. he looked cool calm and collected the entire match, even when raonic was consistently firing down ace after ace. it was like he was just going for a leisurely stroll in the park. something i thought was really great was when Raonic fired down an unreturnable serve which the linesman called a fault, he immediately moved over to the other side claiming 'no that was in'. what great sportsmanship. at 4-4 in the second set he just went up a whole new level to take it 6-4.

the doubles was equally as impressive with him very much taking the lead despite nishikori being higher ranked. even when nishikori was angry with a line call he didnt agree with, grigor just grabbed him and told him to shrug it off, which he did and then hit a clean winner on the next point.

ill post a few pictures a bit later on
Old 01-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #34
country flag FedererBulgaria

FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedes_rule View Post

i see people everywhere comparing him to federer but for me i was thinking it was like sampras. he looked cool calm and collected the entire match, even when raonic was consistently firing down ace after ace. it was like he was just going for a leisurely stroll in the park. something i thought was really great was when Raonic fired down an unreturnable serve which the linesman called a fault, he immediately moved over to the other side claiming 'no that was in'. what great sportsmanship. at 4-4 in the second set he just went up a whole new level to take it 6-4.

the doubles was equally as impressive with him very much taking the lead despite nishikori being higher ranked. even when nishikori was angry with a line call he didnt agree with, grigor just grabbed him and told him to shrug it off, which he did and then hit a clean winner on the next point.

Great to hear it Grigor is great for the sport.looking for the pics ,thanks :*
Old 01-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #35
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Thanks again for the match report. It's really appreciated and great to hear he has calmed down on court. Cool heads win tennis matches.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #36

BlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond reputeBlueLighthouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the report. Oh it seem he's grown up a lot mentally.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #37
country flag swedes_rule

swedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond repute

no worries. so he wasnt always this mature and calm? he has done such a good job of convincing me this week - i wonder what has caused the change. the die hard swedish tennis fan inside me hopes its the swedish influence
Old 01-03-2013, 11:56 AM   #38

Quote:
no worries. so he wasnt always this mature and calm? he has done such a good job of convincing me this week - i wonder what has caused the change. the die hard swedish tennis fan inside me hopes its the swedish influence
He's quite a hot head in his younger years. Breaking racquets, giving up when things weren't right, giving the bird to the umpire oh and shoving the umpire as well (I hope you're still a fan at this point but I think we'd better come clean). All bad things young teen boys are doing.

He's calmer and his performance is getting better. Thanks to the swedish team of course. They're taking him in the right direction
If you're going to his match again, find a chance to thank the coach and the team for us.

Old 01-03-2013, 12:20 PM   #39
country flag Mae
A ROSE IS FOREVER

Mae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond reputeMae has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the wonderful report I hope he can keep it going!!!!!!!!!

Mae is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #40
country flag Hypnotize

He plays on Court 1 again tomorrow at 2pm.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:23 PM   #41
country flag nadejda

nadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond reputenadejda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ugh oh...I am not sure how to respond remembering all the many many many times Grigor has made me out of my skin by losing matches he should have won with some ridiculous shots, bad behavior or mental walkabouts . So many hours of frustration and deliberate questioning - where the hell is your head, Grigor...Nah good old times I had even considered taking some anger management consultancy at a time But the guy has matured, yeah, let's hope so..but you've been warned from true fans so be prepared.

"God bless Sweden" was the most common exclamation when we got the news he moved to GTG Accademy!
Good old Sweden

thank you for the report

Grigor Dimitrov

Soderling Cilic Murray Gasquet Tsonga Wawrinka Kohlshreiber Fognini Berdych Haas Melzer F.Lopes Nieminen Pospisil Davydenko Baghdatis Mahut Bellucci Berankis Harrison Troicki

Sampras & Safin

most beautiful sports: volleyball and tennis
nadejda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #42
country flag FedererBulgaria

FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute

Best of luck,Champ )
Old 01-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #43
country flag swedes_rule

Don't worry I'm still a fan no one is perfect when they are a teenager. I am just so happy with how he is now I will be there again today. haven't been able to get close to the coaching team due to too many people so far but hoping there will be less there today as there isnt much else happening on the outside courts - i expect all will be on centre court while i am out at court 1
Old 01-04-2013, 03:31 AM   #44
country flag Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys!

Hope you all had a great start to the year!As good as Grigor's great start to this match, up an early break in the 1st set! =]

I was looking at his ranking breakdown this week, and his points are spread out over the year nicely so he can just build and build on his ranking. Better to be like that than have alot of points to defend from one or two tournaments. Great news as it looks like he means serious business this year!

Mephi x
Mephistopheles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:04 AM   #45
country flag Mephistopheles

Mephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond reputeMephistopheles has a reputation beyond repute

Been some great clutch serving from him, getting himself out of a few break points easily. Really bad game from Melzer then, giving Grigor a break in the 2nd set now.
Mephistopheles is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote