Grigor " The Great " in 2013 (General thread) - Page 24 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-14-2013, 09:19 PM   #346
country flag FedererBulgaria

FedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond reputeFedererBulgaria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grigor " The Great " in 2013 (General thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swedes_rule View Post
Got a message from Sofia tillstrom to say he was really really nervous and just not able to play his best tennis. I think thats a bit of an understatement!! But she left Australia with the kids on Sunday so she wouldn't have seen it. I'm hoping he'll be a bit more relaxed in the doubles and just have some fun. They are actually publishing practice schedules this year so am hoping I can track him down there. I'm here for the week so should at least get to see one doubles match.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Nervous ? Really ? He wasnt nervous at his 1st final,but 1R match ....
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 10:32 PM   #347
country flag swedes_rule

swedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond repute

No one expected him to win the final. Most expected him to win yesterday. If you think about it he had more pressure. I'm sure his confidence will grow with time

Old 01-15-2013, 02:22 PM   #348
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No one expected him to win the final. Most expected him to win yesterday. If you think about it he had more pressure. I'm sure his confidence will grow with time

That's true and it's easy for people on a forum to make judgements about when he should be nervous but it's not them that have to deliver on court. This is just an experience he has to learn from and deal with the pressure better next time.

Did you manage to take any photos this time swede_rule?
Hypnotize is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #349
country flag raven247

raven247 raven247 raven247 raven247 raven247 raven247 raven247 raven247 raven247 raven247 raven247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotize View Post
That's true and it's easy for people on a forum to make judgements about when he should be nervous but it's not them that have to deliver on court. This is just an experience he has to learn from and deal with the pressure better next time.

Did you manage to take any photos this time swede_
rule?
It's easy to judge yes. But for a pro to have nerves that completely incapacitate you on court to the point where you forget how to play tennis in an arguably winnable match is inexcusable at this level. This is more than nerves. More like a panic attack. And the argument that he doesn't have nerves when he's not expected to win doesn't hold water.
raven247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #350
country flag Hypnotize

Hypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond reputeHypnotize has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven247 View Post
It's easy to judge yes. But for a pro to have nerves that completely incapacitate you on court to the point where you forget how to play tennis in an arguably winnable match is inexcusable at this level. This is more than nerves. More like a panic attack. And the argument that he doesn't have nerves when he's not expected to win doesn't hold water.
It's not inexcusable at all. He's still a young guy, learning to deal with the pressures of being a top player. Some people may think he should have done that by now but everyone develops at their own pace. It's up to Grigor and his team to work out what went wrong this week and address it so he can deal with the pressure better in the future but he's not a robot.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:16 PM   #351
country flag raven247

raven247 raven247 raven247 raven247 raven247 raven247 raven247 raven247 raven247 raven247 raven247

Quote:
It's not inexcusable at all. He's still a young guy, learning to deal with the pressures of being a top player. Some people may think he should have done that by now but everyone develops at their own pace. It's up to Grigor and his team to work out what went wrong this week and address it so he can deal with the pressure better in the future but he's not a robot.
He's not that young Not in tennis world. He's immature is the problem. But you can't argue that if he doesn't get mentally stronger he's never going to achieve his potential. Not like this. Not by taking Sydney and crumbling under self imposed pressure.
raven247 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #352
country flag Emiliq

Emiliq has a reputation beyond reputeEmiliq has a reputation beyond reputeEmiliq has a reputation beyond reputeEmiliq has a reputation beyond reputeEmiliq has a reputation beyond reputeEmiliq has a reputation beyond reputeEmiliq has a reputation beyond reputeEmiliq has a reputation beyond reputeEmiliq has a reputation beyond reputeEmiliq has a reputation beyond reputeEmiliq has a reputation beyond repute

At least Yanko thinks that Grisho is dangerous
http://youtu.be/XVw33HyvIEY?t=2m5s
Emiliq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:20 AM   #353
country flag swedes_rule

swedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond reputeswedes_rule has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Did you manage to take any photos this time swede_rule?

Yes I took a couple - they aren't very good though because my camera is worse than my phone and my phone was dead so i had to use my camera (which died in the first game anyway - piece of crap!!). i will post them when I am back home (or hopefully before if i can get my cable thingie to work). His haircut was looooovely
Old 01-16-2013, 09:14 AM   #354
country flag kr1s71an

kr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond repute

Thursday Schedule:

Margaret Court Arena (start at 11 AM local time)
1. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga - Go Soeda
2. Svetlana Kuznetsova - Su-Wei Hsieh
3. Hantuchova/Medina Garrigues - Stosur/Goerges
4. Dimitrov/Baghdatis - Ebden/Harrison
5. Juan Martin Del Potro - Benjamin Becker (Not before 7 PM)

We will be able to at least watch the doubles match

Singles: [Rank: #25, Highest: #20]
2014: W: Indian Wells Masters
2012: W: Rio De Janeiro CH

Doubles: [Rank: #106, Highest: #45], Partnering with YEBRA
2014: W: Bucharest
2013: W: Chennai, Delray Beach, Tunis CH
2012: W: Dallas CH, St. Remy CH, Rio De Janeiro CH, Geneva CH
2011: W: Atlanta
kr1s71an is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #355
country flag swedes_rule

its going to be 39 degrees tomorrow so not sure if i'll make it or not. will just depend on how i'm feeling as i have an auto-immune disease and hot + sun is not the best thing for me. still hoping it will cool off by that fourth match
Old 01-16-2013, 11:42 AM   #356
country flag Hypnotize

Quote:
Yes I took a couple - they aren't very good though because my camera is worse than my phone and my phone was dead so i had to use my camera (which died in the first game anyway - piece of crap!!). i will post them when I am back home (or hopefully before if i can get my cable thingie to work). His haircut was looooovely
Haha, I had the same problem when I went to Wimbledon this year. My camera is fine for close shots but the photos weren't so great when I was taking them all the way up in the stands. I'm going to invest in a good camera before this year's championships.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:47 AM   #357
country flag Berba

Berba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond reputeBerba has a reputation beyond repute

at least we can make some fun out of this awful loss. see this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFsc5PgHz28

GRISHO is the future

Sorry, Roger!
Berba is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:48 AM   #358
country flag swedes_rule

Just arrived at the practice courts. Grigor and Marcos expected in 10 mins for a quick warm up

Old 01-17-2013, 01:56 AM   #359
country flag swedes_rule

ImageUploadedByVS Free1358391391.074682.jpg

Old 01-17-2013, 06:16 AM   #360
country flag kr1s71an

kr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond reputekr1s71an has a reputation beyond repute

They won 7-6(6) 6-2 Next up Mirnyi/Tecau ...

Singles: [Rank: #25, Highest: #20]
2014: W: Indian Wells Masters
2012: W: Rio De Janeiro CH

Doubles: [Rank: #106, Highest: #45], Partnering with YEBRA
2014: W: Bucharest
2013: W: Chennai, Delray Beach, Tunis CH
2012: W: Dallas CH, St. Remy CH, Rio De Janeiro CH, Geneva CH
2011: W: Atlanta
kr1s71an is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote