Nadal OUT of the Australian Open - Page 20 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 07:42 AM   #286
country flag EliSter

EliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond reputeEliSter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal OUT of the Australian Open

Vulturing his way to top 4...This Ferrer...

BigJohn
EliSter is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2012, 07:47 AM   #287
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grahampros View Post
It's a very valid fear at this point, and not a lot of the BS around here. The longer this goes on the more likely it is.
how is it a fear that his career is over? anything's possible but I have never in decades witnessed a tennis player repeatedly say that a serious injury was over with and lie about it. maybe he will come back and not be the same, it's possible, but 8 months or whatever is no guarantee he's done

I'm all or speculation because anything's possible, but the clowns coming on here (double accounts prob) having fun claiming "Dulls career is over blah blah blah" are getting annoying

we'll see what happens, but there are videos out of him practicing pretty hard weeks ago and him repeatedly giving his word that his knee having vastly improved. maybe his confidence will be gone when he does come back to tour, maybe he won't have the same spark, but pretty sure he'll be back. you don't commit to tournament's you've almost never played (South America) if you think that you're not going to be back

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-29-2012, 08:18 AM   #288
country flag Sri

Sri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliSter View Post
Vulturing his way to top 4...This Ferrer...
This can't be called vulturing by Ferrer. Why blame Ferrer if spartan Nadal won't come out and play.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:45 AM   #289
country flag Ace Pounder

Ace Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond reputeAce Pounder has a reputation beyond repute

The real reason for this is not the stomach virus (if he ever happened to catch it), and we all know it: I think that he is completely lost mentally. I'm not even sure he still has enoug passion to play tennis on a regular basis.
I hope I'm wrong, because I love the excitement he brings to a tournament, especially on Grand Slams.

It's a shame, really.

Deus ex MachineGun
(Ignosce mihi.)

Ace Pounder is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #290
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountaindewslave View Post
that you would even consider it possibly being 'fear' is silly. after you've won as much as he had, you think he would not play just because of being scared that he might do badly?
he's not naive, he doesn't want to play with zero practice. I can't say 100% that it's the stomach virus or something else, but I think it's safe to assume that he THINKS that he'll be back on tour in the next month or so.
well, I find it hard to believe as well, since he did come back from 'shock' losses like the one to GGL and Dodig. But it's not totally outside the realm of possibility, so I mentioned it.

Quote:
if it is indeed the stomach thing or anything, it makes sense. how can you play Doha with no match practice? what would the point be.
Ummm, Doha is match practice. It's a 250, there's nothing lower, unless you think he should play Challengers! There's not always going to be an exo around the corner in the schedule, and if I were him I'd rather play a few lower-ranked players first and then lose in the SF of a 250, rather than play a top 10 guy and get hammered on day 1 in Abu Dhabi (even if it is 'just an exo').

But even if you're first tournament back is a slam, so what? you won't win it but you have to make a start at some point. just accept that your first 2 months will be rough, but that in the bigger picture you will eventually regain your form, timing, etc, and return to normal.

Quote:
I just hope he gets better. I was certain he would play Doha and now the future is pretty uncertain I do know that it benefits Nadal nothing at all to make up the problems he's having and that some of you truly must be haters to claim that he is just throwing the public around. whether it's a stomach virus or a knee problem what does it matter? he can't play near maximum level by the grand slam so he won't play. not like it's a conspiracy
I agree completely! I don't believe that there's any benefit to him, missing tournaments in order to "trick" other players or anyone. He's the one losing out on points and money and ranking -- no one else is losing out on anything by his absence. That's why I said people should just leave him alone.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #291
country flag henke007

henke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond repute

Nole/Rafa 1/4 Monte Carlo..
Old 12-29-2012, 09:18 AM   #292
country flag NID

NID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond repute

will we have another borg-like disappearance? the curse of the rg, seems like...
NID is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-29-2012, 09:52 AM   #293
country flag paseo

paseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalfusion View Post
I vote for option 3: the worst is the pathetic message board loser who feels a compulsion to spit all over a great player who is coming back from injury and who acts like he knows what is going on in the head and body of people he has never met.

People like you make message boards the petty places they so often are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
you know what is the most pathetic? when one hater giving moral lessons about hating. can't be lower than this
true dat, bro.
paseo is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-29-2012, 10:17 AM   #294
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by henke007 View Post
Nole/Rafa 1/4 Monte Carlo..
Probably not. Federer is not playing, so Nadal is likely to get the #4 seed.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #295
country flag mickymouse

mickymouse has a reputation beyond reputemickymouse has a reputation beyond reputemickymouse has a reputation beyond reputemickymouse has a reputation beyond reputemickymouse has a reputation beyond reputemickymouse has a reputation beyond reputemickymouse has a reputation beyond reputemickymouse has a reputation beyond reputemickymouse has a reputation beyond reputemickymouse has a reputation beyond reputemickymouse has a reputation beyond repute

What strain of stomach virus is so potent?
mickymouse is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #296
country flag habibko

habibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond reputehabibko has a reputation beyond repute

habibko is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-29-2012, 11:05 AM   #297
country flag Mountaindewslave

Mountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond reputeMountaindewslave has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickymouse View Post
What strain of stomach virus is so potent?
actually many, but that's besides the point, he's not claiming the virus will last weeks, Nadal is saying that because if it he has had no preparation for Doha and can't (or won't) play it, and furthermore I suppose his logic is without a pre tournament he will be no where in shape for grueling super spicy hot Australian open 5 set matches

I mean it makes sense but it's definitely a drag

------------------------ <3 Richard Gasquet <3

Rafael Nadal
Mountaindewslave is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-29-2012, 11:46 AM   #298
country flag JurajCrane

JurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond reputeJurajCrane has a reputation beyond repute

This means Nadal may be 5th seed at Roland Garros. Not a certain thing, but chances are pretty high.

Dustin Brown - Nick Kyrgios - Norbert Gombos - Stanislas Wawrinka - Dominic Thiem
JurajCrane is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #299
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat_YYZ View Post
Well I don't know if the true nature of his injury is his stomach virus or his knee... or something else. But if this is just fear then I think he's wrong. He needs to play, even if he loses first round. It's not going to get easier if you keep putting it off.

But if he really can't play then that's all there is to it. I wish him luck with his recovery, and there's nothing much else to talk about. Just leave him alone until he comes back.
He has more points to defend at AO, IW and Miami than Ferrer does. Delaying a comeback doesn't make things any easier, especially if it makes it more likely that he'll drop to #5 in the rankings. If its just lack of match play and not injury I would take my chances and play. What's he got to lose?

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-29-2012, 12:23 PM   #300
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurajCrane View Post
This means Nadal may be 5th seed at Roland Garros. Not a certain thing, but chances are pretty high.
he could be ranked #755 at RG ans still win, assuming his health is fine ... I said this so many times and I'll say it again. I wish to all tennis players to be healthy, injury free.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread