Nadal OUT of the Australian Open - Page 17 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 10:19 PM   #241
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal OUT of the Australian Open

Sad news, though Nadal was an unlikely winner anyway with such a long absence.

Ferrer will rise to the nr.4 ranking and will become the nr.1 ranked Spaniard after the AO.
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 10:28 PM   #242
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taejin View Post
That part is weird imho, how do they know he'll need a month to recover from virus? With such things sometimes you can suddenly feel as good as new after a short while, you would expect to wait for at least week or so and see how it's going, nobody throws away a slam because of a virus. Of course, he needs matches to prepare, but most of other players will only play an exo leading to AO, it's not like there's a masters going on right now.
yes, from their words he had to rest for 10 days because of the virus, the 5 last days plus 5 next ones, but he could still have played Kooyong or Auckland before the Australian open.

Tignor's idea is that they're very careful because sometimes he tried to play when not feeling well and it harmed him for later, it's true that he said several times that from now on, he would be very careful.

And this morning there were only talkings about skipping Doha : maybe in the end they decided by cautionary principle that they would be even more careful about the AO hence the decision.

Maybe ... but still we have no certainty that everything will be OK with his knee next month because we haven't had very transparent info about that knee so far
Old 12-28-2012, 10:28 PM   #243
country flag Andi-M

Andi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond reputeAndi-M has a reputation beyond repute

Terrible news for Rafa and his fans. I feel for the Rafa fans i really do, i cant imagine how upset I'd feel if Murray didn't play for 6+ months pulled out of 2 GS in a row!!

It is odd that he is pulling out of AO before 2013 has even arrived. Who knows? could be psychological issue arising about the knee or the hardcourts. I definately suspect there is more going on then behind the scenes that we don't know about. Whatever it is wish Rafa all the best.

So very very proud to be a fan of Mr Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Double Grand slam champion. Olympic Gold Medalist. Holder of 9 Masters 1000 events # legend
Andi-M is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-28-2012, 10:54 PM   #244
country flag buzz

buzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond reputebuzz has a reputation beyond repute

Don´t really like Nadal, but hope he can return to tennis quickly...

I don´t believe Nadal was nearly match fit before the virus. In that case he could still make the AO. So probably he was racing to be fit.

But then his knee injury really is a mystery thing. Because, right after wimbledon he was talking about a few weeks, expected to make the olympics or at least the USO.... For me it seems really strange that they were so far of that even without the virus he was probably in doubt for the AO. And it makes me wonder if they have any founded idea about if and when he can return to playing like he was before his injury.

Other possibility could be that it is a cover up. But that seems unlikely, because in that case he would probably initially have said he would be out for about half a year instead of a few weeks. Or can they have some kind of battle with the atp/itf?
buzz is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-28-2012, 10:57 PM   #245
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by selyoink View Post
Fantastic news. Now we won't be subjected to his filth tennis. Nice fabrication of some fake illness to spare himself the embarrasment of a humiliating defeat. Probably won't see him until the clay season when he can win by just running sideways forever and not have to demonstrate any skill with the racket.
If I am little more friendly with English language i would put it together exactly on this way.

Fantastic post
samanosuke is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-28-2012, 11:03 PM   #246
country flag Fleck

Fleck has a reputation beyond reputeFleck has a reputation beyond reputeFleck has a reputation beyond reputeFleck has a reputation beyond reputeFleck has a reputation beyond reputeFleck has a reputation beyond reputeFleck has a reputation beyond reputeFleck has a reputation beyond reputeFleck has a reputation beyond reputeFleck has a reputation beyond reputeFleck has a reputation beyond repute

The funny thing is that this makes Nadal, most likely, seeded as 5 at RG. It will make a Draw a bit messy.
Fleck is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-28-2012, 11:11 PM   #247
country flag mseles1

mseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond reputemseles1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by End da Game View Post
dunno, he contradicts himself a lot, he said he was injured back in 2009, but only recently he was talking down his defeat to rosol at wimbly by basically saying that the difference between that and his defeat to soderling, is that in RG 2009 he was fit whereas at wimbly this year he was 'injured'
As truthful as Iraqi wmds.

Nadal added that his defeat to Rosol could not be compared to when Robin Soderling upset him at the 2009 French Open.

“There is no point of comparison,” he said. “Both have in common that my knee was bad, but I could compete at Roland Garros. In Wimbledon, no. The defeat to Rosol as was a death foretold for me.”
mseles1 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-28-2012, 11:16 PM   #248
country flag FairWeatherFan

FairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond repute

What a terrible, crying shame. The sport bleeds for this announcement!
FairWeatherFan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-28-2012, 11:34 PM   #249
country flag fran70

fran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond reputefran70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
If these early reports are indeed factual, then there is definitely a lot more going on with Nadal than meets the eye here. So he's spent the last few weeks training hard, a mystery stomach virus arises in the days before his supposed comeback and now because of this said virus, he is now consequently withdrawing from the Australian Open? In my opinion there is no way he is pulling out because of that. It's either the knee is still bothering him or he is mentally not ready to compete again. The thought of permanently damaging his knees combined with the lofty expectations of him upon his return to action may be overwhelming him a little....

Hopefully we learn more soon..
I think you are right. Nadal seems not to be ready due to his knee which is something really serious in order to stay on the tour or probably which would be even better that his tennis/confidence is not still there. I think that to play the South American swing would be a great chance for him to recover his confidence back.
[b]My hall of fame: Roger Federer-Rafael Nadal-Jo Wilfried Tsonga-David Ferrer-Juan Carlos Ferrero-Tommy Haas- Radek Stepanek-Lleyton Hewitt-David Nalbandian-Guillermo Cañas-Carlos Moya-Pete Sampras-Petr Korda- Kent Carlsson-Richard Krajicek-Karol Kucera-Tim Henman-Alex Corretja-Thomas Muster-Michael Stich-Pat Cash-Patrick Rafter-Darren Cahill-Ivan Lendl-Mats Wilander-Miloslav Mecir-Karel Novacek-Joakim Nystrom-Henrik Sundstrom-Hans Simonsson-Anders Jarryd-Jimmy Connors-Bjorn Borg-Guillermo Vilas.
fran70 is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-28-2012, 11:39 PM   #250
country flag Myrre

Myrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond reputeMyrre has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duong View Post
it was not very transparent but some things were done on his knee, for instance if I remember well they first made a PRP treatment which failed, then they stopped, they did something else, etc etc ...
PRP injection is not surgery. Just another reporter who can't get his facts right.
Myrre is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-28-2012, 11:56 PM   #251
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingLamb View Post
I'm not an MD either. But I think it's one thing to recover enough to get back to an office job, and quite another to recover enough to get back to playing a pro sport where your body is taxed to its limits.
On the other hand, super athletes like Nadal already has great aerobic and anaerobic conditioning, and her has been doing nothing but resting his body and exercise in the past 6 months.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-29-2012, 12:11 AM   #252
country flag Naudio Spanlatine
I wanna taste u.

Location: Lust and/or Love of fire. My heaven has awaited me.
Naudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond reputeNaudio Spanlatine has a reputation beyond repute

My heart and soul and self will never be recovered. I dunno what to say really. All i will say is to our dearest most precious rafa fans in this forum, please stay strong he will come back, i know he will. Im so speechless and hurt. But i hope and wish Rafa in this recovery, i have been a Rafafanatic for many many years, and i feel like i have known him forever. Stay strong Rafa and my prayers go to you and your team.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:11 AM   #253
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Don't really care if Nadal plays or not personally. Never liked Rafa's game and now Ferrer might reach the semis. Feel a bit with Nadal's fans though, I know what it feels like having your fave unable to play.
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is online now View My Blog!  
Old 12-29-2012, 12:15 AM   #254
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Sad news, though Nadal was an unlikely winner anyway with such a long absence.

Ferrer will rise to the nr.4 ranking and will become the nr.1 ranked Spaniard after the AO.
He wasn't an unlikely SF player though with the weak tour once you go below 9 in the world and slow ass Plexicushion. He also had the excuse in case he lost.

Win-win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseles1 View Post
As truthful as Iraqi wmds.

Nadal added that his defeat to Rosol could not be compared to when Robin Soderling upset him at the 2009 French Open.

“There is no point of comparison,” he said. “Both have in common that my knee was bad, but I could compete at Roland Garros. In Wimbledon, no. The defeat to Rosol as was a death foretold for me.”
He's basically implying Bellucci (who he defeated in round one of Wimby 2012) lost to him when he 'couldn't compete' - an ultimate insult. If I was Thomaz, I would be biting back with gnashing teeth.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!  
Old 12-29-2012, 12:22 AM   #255
country flag MuzzahLovah

MuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond reputeMuzzahLovah has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
Don't really care if Nadal plays or not personally. Never liked Rafa's game and now Ferrer might reach the semis. Feel a bit with Nadal's fans though, I know what it feels like having your fave unable to play.
Yep.

Emperor Nishikori- King of Comeback- Slayer of Demons- Champion of Tokyo- Conquistador of Barcelona
MuzzahLovah is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread