Your expectations for Djokovic in 2013 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-28-2012, 05:36 AM   #16
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your expectations for Djokovic in 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinny View Post
Wait... this is so strange... We all know you love Fed, and... um... quite the opposite with Nole .
I love Fed but i always have liked Nole and i still
do. I just wish Nole to add more variety to his game
pepita1964 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 07:09 AM   #17
country flag Mr. Oracle

Mr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond reputeMr. Oracle has a reputation beyond repute

Like Mr. T said in Rocky 3: "I predict pain."

Nole 3.0 coming to a theater near you !
Mr. Oracle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:27 AM   #18
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepita1964 View Post
I love Fed but i always have liked Nole and i still
do. I just wish Nole to add more variety to his game
Pep, not sure what variety you'd like to see. Nole is a one dimensional player. He can't play on grass (not sure how he won that Wimbledon thingy) ... FH/BH pretty average. thank God, Nole is great at the net. ... smashing, hm ... Nole is da best, I guess that's why he is #1
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:42 AM   #19
country flag viruzzz

viruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond reputeviruzzz has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, Novak Djokovic enters 2013 as the guy to beat.
He's the clear favorite for the AO, and time will tell if he is the one for RG, let's see how Rafa's playing and Federer is always a big question mark.

His 2012 WTF was pretty damn amazing, I think the result in the final could have been different, I think the match was decided in some particular points, but still, the guy was a deserved champion and here it is, as a solid world number one.

He has a tough year ahead, he defends a lot, and his 2 competitors defend in some particular times (Federer defends little points in the final part of the tour, and Murray defends nothing in the clay season and IW).

We don't know what's gonna happen with Nadal, but we know that after Wimb he doesn't defend a single point, so the big question here is "How many points will Rafa get in the first part of the year?" After that, we'd know if he's a contender or not.

Back to Nole. He can EASILY have a 2-slams year, it depends on the other players.
Why I say this? Because Nole has proved the world he can play in a solid level during a whole year, and that's something the other guys should accept.

Considering peak Nole is at 100%, we know Nole won't play below 70% in any match, so, if you are Federer-Murray-Nadal-Whoeverthefuckyouare, you need to play better than "70% Nole", and that's not pretty easy.

I think he'd take the title in Australia, Indian Wells, Miami, MonteCarlo and Rome. I'm pretty confident of Nole taking those.

That's almost unbelievable, 4M1000 and a slam before RG... Then, who knows?

I think he'd be the favorite for RG but I don't see him winning it yet... I even see Federer/Ferrer beating him there.

Wimbledon isn't the best surface for Djokovic, Federer/Murray can take him out with no big problems. I don't see him a the big contender in grass (still, we don't know).

The USO-Series are a 30-30-30% chances for the actual top 3. (except, probably Cincy where Federer has a 50% of the title in the bag before playing).

If the season goes as I think so, I think Nole will be too tired for that part of the year, so he won't repeat his 2011-super season.

I think he won't take big titles during the 2nd half, maybe Montreal, or Shanghai.

I see him finishing the year as world number one again, yes.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:19 AM   #20
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

great post viruzzz. It makes lots of sense. it's good to see people on MTF who can 'think'.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:11 AM   #21
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
Pep, not sure what variety you'd like to see. Nole is a one dimensional player. He can't play on grass (not sure how he won that Wimbledon thingy) ... FH/BH pretty average. thank God, Nole is great at the net. ... smashing, hm ... Nole is da best, I guess that's why he is #1
i will say that you see what you want to see or you need glasses
pepita1964 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:19 AM   #22
country flag Time Violation
Slacker

Time Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond reputeTime Violation has a reputation beyond repute

If he wins RG, he can take the rest of the year off
“There’s so many athletes, tennis players around the world,” he continued, trying to put his life into some kind of perspective, “they want to be the best in what they do. They want to succeed. Many of them, they don’t succeed in the end. I’m fortunate to have this opportunity and succeed.”
Time Violation is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:49 AM   #23
country flag Federer in 2

Federer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond reputeFederer in 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Haha OP made me LOL

ROGER FEDERER

'Roger Federer is the best ever' - Everyone else other than John McEnroe

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Nadal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
Standing ovation for Federer. Disgusting.
#NoBiasTho
Federer in 2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:58 AM   #24
country flag MTwEeZi

MTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
Duong, analyzing everything to death will come up with something like 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 3 theory
This one is the best
MTwEeZi is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:00 AM   #25
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Win the Career Grand Slam <3
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #26
country flag Sri

Sri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond repute

It will be great if he wins RG. Depends a lot on Nadal's form, but I think Nole can give a very tough fight to even peak Rafa on clay.

We know he'll be consistent at the hard court slams. Good chance of winning both of them. This also depends on the form of Murray, Federer and Del Potro.

Two slams will be good. That'll prove that he has a clear lead over his rivals, unless Murray bags the other two.
I don't see Federer or Nadal winning two slams in 2013. They may win a slam.

I don't think Nole was the decisive #1 in 2012. I think Murray with his first slam + olympics did some damage.
But WTF helped Nole's cause and sealed it for him.
Plus the old order (Federer + Nadal) still snuck in 2 out of 4 slams.

Wimbledon will be his worst slam for the obvious reason mentioned above.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #27
country flag Roy Emerson

Roy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Emerson has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic will have a better year than 2012. Maybe wins two slams. Three masters1000 at least. Remains #1 unless Murray peaks.
Roy Emerson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:53 AM   #28
country flag Abel

Abel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond repute

My expectation is a two slam year, although ideally he'd have another three

Other than that, YE #1, maybe WTFs again, multiple 1000s. But more importantly I'd like him to remain the best and most consistent player and show it against the others in the top 10.
Abel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #29
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honestly View Post
Ok, this thread can stay. Djoker will win AO and FO. Mugray Wimby and Roger USO.
I'll sign for that
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:02 AM   #30
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

djokovic has a golden couple of years to elevate him from a 2nd tier of greatness to the 1st tier.

Roger is getting older and I believe will have a worse 2013 than 2012 and a worse 2014 than 2013 and so on. nadal is coming back from a 6 month hiatus and is entering his declining phase.

With only murray, so far, to challenge djokovic he will have a great chance of grabbing a few more slams as the new generation looks pretty weak.

As for next year I see djokovic winning 2 slams, most probably AO and USO. RG will be difficult but not impossible.

djokovic will also win 2/3 masters 1000.