Worrying times: lots of challengers missing in 2013 - Page 8 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #106
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Worrying times: lots of challengers missing in 2013

latso, the man trolls with the level of Rafael Nadal on clay. Lets see doesn't get that gambling companies got the deal with the ITF at Futures level, that the most well known bookies not the ones operating out of a hut have limits on these events, even though clearly explained.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #107
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Jackson View Post
latso, the man trolls with the level of Rafael Nadal on clay. Lets see doesn't get that gambling companies got the deal with the ITF at Futures level, that the most well known bookies not the ones operating out of a hut have limits on these events, even though clearly explained.
Check the definition of trolling.

Then check my posts.

At the end - check yours.

And pls - try the bolded part in English, for ppl to actually understand

p.s. i can quote bookmakers if you want. i know what i'm talking about, you not.
latso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:03 PM   #108
country flag Wing Man Frank
Banned!

Wing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond reputeWing Man Frank has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
Nathaliia, please tell me how do you know your limit for betting on Futures, because i don't know how to check mine...
Evidently you are a VIP for the bookies and given the amount you must lose they are more than happy to take your money. That's the only explanation I have for you to not have limits on your account.
Wing Man Frank is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #109
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Latso, you claim to use bet365. If you gamble there you will surely have noticed the "max bet" option that appears every time you select a bet.

Once a market goes in play on a live bet, the limit per bet is usually to win 900 euros in each price even on Futures.

So if a player starts at 2.37, I can place 657 euros.

If the odds move to 2.2 I can take to win another 900. over and over again.

The reality is that you can places thousands on a Futures match where the prize might be 100 dollars.

On unlimited accounts you can get big bets on pre-match if you take the moneyline, set bets, 1st set and game handicaps.

You're incredibly arrogant.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #110
country flag bjurra

bjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i have. and they don't get you out for "playing with your phone", but for actually sending livescores.
The security staff often cannot tell the difference. At the tournament in Hamburg, there were even loud arguments between German spectators checking their facebook and ignorant security guards threatening to eject them.

As for bookmaker limits, the fact that you reside in Bulgaria might have something to do with it. Bulgarian customers aren't exactly known for making the betting industry thrive.
bjurra is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #111
country flag philosophicalarf

philosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond repute

Individual limits aren't the whole story - it's what happens after a max bet or two. In challengers, let alone futures, even moderate amounts of money disproportionately on one side will alert the traders, who will adjust the odds severely. If more money keeps coming, and this applies across all the major books (the traders chat to each other on messenger), they'll cut event limits to peanuts or just suspend it. This isn't just a protection against fixing, it's standard bookmaking practice for any event with low volume.

Bookies aren't stupid - it's fairly obvious that outside the main tour, fixing money can easily swamp the fairly small prizes on offer. Inevitably as a result, they're not going to allow even slightly significant exposure on any one match.
philosophicalarf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #112
country flag bjurra

bjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond reputebjurra has a reputation beyond repute

Poor Latso probably didn't expect to get steamrolled by a bunch of well informed gamblers in this thread.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #113
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

Poor bjurra didn't read the post above him

That's a shred of reality, the rest is blabla

I've been moderating an international betting forum for 6 years, starting with tennis section. I personally know professional punters, professional tipsters, syndicates, ppl working at bookies, ppl working for services providing livescores and i've been betting and tipping tennis for several years.

Hence my "arrogant" self esteem of knowing what i'm talking about.
Old 01-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #114
country flag latso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Chinaski View Post
Latso, you claim to use bet365. If you gamble there you will surely have noticed the "max bet" option that appears every time you select a bet.

Once a market goes in play on a live bet, the limit per bet is usually to win 900 euros in each price even on Futures.

So if a player starts at 2.37, I can place 657 euros.

If the odds move to 2.2 I can take to win another 900. over and over again.

The reality is that you can places thousands on a Futures match where the prize might be 100 dollars.

On unlimited accounts you can get big bets on pre-match if you take the moneyline, set bets, 1st set and game handicaps.

You're incredibly arrogant.
Let's make the trial - try now to bet on Martin - Mannarivo match in Noumea.

My limit on Martin is 500 and Mannarino 975.

And this is a Challenger event! Not Futures.

Unlimited accounts you say...hmm, how haven't i thought....oh wait - you'll get busted and lose your stakes even, that's why

You're incredibly pleasant to discuss with. Sometimes without the L though
Old 01-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #115
country flag latso

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjurra View Post
The security staff often cannot tell the difference. At the tournament in Hamburg, there were even loud arguments between German spectators checking their facebook and ignorant security guards threatening to eject them.

As for bookmaker limits, the fact that you reside in Bulgaria might have something to do with it. Bulgarian customers aren't exactly known for making the betting industry thrive.
You were FB friends with those ppl i guess, that's why it's the security staff fault, surely..
Old 01-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #116
country flag guichard

guichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond reputeguichard has a reputation beyond repute

Nice article: (sorry if it was posted already)

A Quarter of Missing Challengers

The ATP Challenger calendar (PDF) has been released for the first quarter of 2013, and it looks mighty thin.

In the next three months, we can expect 21 challenger events, compared to 30 in Q1 2012 and 33 in Q1 2011. (Thanks to Foot Soldiers of Tennis for raising the issue.) For those challenger fans among us, that’s clearly bad news. Less competitive tennis always is. It could also hurt many up-and-coming players, which means it should concern all fans of men’s tennis.

For the last twenty years, challenger tennis has generally been on the rise, with 147 tournaments at that level last year compared to only 88 in 1992. The number peaked in 2007 and 2008 with 173 and 175 challenger events, respectively.More http://heavytopspin.com/2012/12/26/a...g-challengers/
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:11 PM   #117
country flag philosophicalarf

philosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond reputephilosophicalarf has a reputation beyond repute

Max bet £4 on Martin, b365 really sticking their necks out.
philosophicalarf is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #118
country flag bjurra

Quote:
Poor bjurra didn't read the post above him

That's a shred of reality, the rest is blabla

I've been moderating an international betting forum for 6 years, starting with tennis section. I personally know professional punters, professional tipsters, syndicates, ppl working at bookies, ppl working for services providing livescores and i've been betting and tipping tennis for several years.

Hence my "arrogant" self esteem of knowing what i'm talking about.
You have been moderating a forum that is so full of clowns and trolls it makes MTF look like the British Science Academy.

You dont even know the max bet function on Bet365, how could you possibly claim to be well informed?

Last edited by bjurra : 01-04-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #119
country flag bjurra

Quote:
Originally Posted by philosophicalarf View Post
Max bet £4 on Martin, b365 really sticking their necks out.
That is 1% of the regular limit.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:34 PM   #120
country flag Henry Chinaski

Henry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond reputeHenry Chinaski has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Let's make the trial - try now to bet on Martin - Mannarivo match in Noumea.

My limit on Martin is 500 and Mannarino 975.

And this is a Challenger event! Not Futures.

Unlimited accounts you say...hmm, how haven't i thought....oh wait - you'll get busted and lose your stakes even, that's why

You're incredibly pleasant to discuss with. Sometimes without the L though
my limits are the same on challengers and futures.

if yours are then you've just proved you can easily stake enough to make a small futures fix worthwhile without even having to wait for it to go in play (where limits are 6x higher)