Baseball: Who will be World Champions? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will it be?

New York Yankees 7 35.00%
Minnesota Twins 0 0%
Oakland Athletics 2 10.00%
Annaheim Angels 2 10.00%
Atlanta Braves 6 30.00%
St. Louis Cardinals 2 10.00%
Arizona Diamondbacks (DC) 0 0%
San Francisco Giants 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-06-2002, 12:36 AM   #61
country flag Murkofan
Cracked out on D/S!

Murkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Steam
This is going to turn out to be just like the 1997 Division Series loss to the Indians. They get humiliated and then just decide to beat the crap out of everyone next season. They will make a few changes and just whoop up on everyone.

Scott, I know that you are just jealous of the Yankees because your team has made the playoffs the last eleven years and only have ONE championship to show for it but it will be ok. It will be ok.
Sour grapes, Steam.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/LosDosMos/10.jpg

"I'm just on a mission today. But the end result, you will feel better."
"Not when you go home alone tonight I won't..."

"What is your good luck charm?"
"You."
--Derek and Shannon
Murkofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2002, 12:37 AM   #62
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Scott, I know that you are just jealous of the Yankees because your team has made the playoffs the last eleven years and only have ONE championship to show for it but it will be ok. It will be ok.
You don't even know who my team is. And why would I be jealous of the Yankees? I have other ways to get personal glorification rather than to support "winners."

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 12:44 AM   #63
Steam

Steam

Quote:
Originally posted by GoLleyt

You don't even know who my team is. And why would I be jealous of the Yankees? I have other ways to get personal glorification rather than to support "winners."

Yeah, cause I was considering hanging myself back in 1991 when they were the worst team in baseball. But then they started winning and it gave me the strength to go on. I would not <sniff> have made it <sniff> without them

I support my team no matter what and this is just a temporary setback.

As for your team, you have raved about a lot of them on the boards but I figured on it being the Braves so I gave you the benefit of the doubt since at least they make the World Series. The Red Sox on the other hand.........

I have more important things to be upset about than the Yankees blowing a series.
Steam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 12:45 AM   #64
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

Then why are you here, my dear?

Old 10-06-2002, 12:49 AM   #65
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Scott... aren't you a Lleyton fan?

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2002, 12:50 AM   #66

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

Why is anyone here?

Chocking makes me sad.
Old 10-06-2002, 12:51 AM   #67
country flag Scotso

Yes, I am. I have been since he was around #20. Nor do I go into every event saying. "Lleyton is going to win, no doubt about it. You're stupid if you think otherwise."

Old 10-06-2002, 12:53 AM   #68
country flag Murkofan
Cracked out on D/S!

Murkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yeah, cause I was considering hanging myself back in 1991 when they were the worst team in baseball. But then they started winning and it gave me the strength to go on. I would not <sniff> have made it <sniff> without them

To whom is this directed?

"You."
--Derek and Shannon
Old 10-06-2002, 12:54 AM   #69

I know you've been a fan of him before he was number one You even picked him to win the 2001 US Open I recall

But maybe Steam has always liked the yankees.

Thought as for the "yankees rule, your team sucks" you are on your own steam

Fan arrogance annoys me

Chocking makes me sad.
Old 10-06-2002, 12:55 AM   #70

Who wants to have group sex... oops, I mean group hug

Chocking makes me sad.
Old 10-06-2002, 01:00 AM   #71
Steam

Steam

If you go back to the start of this thread you will see that all I did was give my predictions for the playoffs. I didn't say anything about the Yankees until the people who like to bash the Yankees for winning chimed in after a loss like they always do. It so happened that I was wrong and that happens. Doesn't change the fact that the Red Sox didn't make the playoffs, the Mariners choked, and that the Braves are yearly losers. The Yankees will come back just as strong next year.

Hopefully, my boy Scott Rolen gets healthy soon and leads the Cardinals to the promised land. They deserve it.
Old 10-06-2002, 01:06 AM   #72
country flag Murkofan
Cracked out on D/S!

Maybe people bash the Yankees solely because they don't like them? It's a possibility.

"You."
--Derek and Shannon
Old 10-06-2002, 01:09 AM   #73
country flag Scotso

lol... bash all the teams you want, Steam. Unlike it obviously does you, it doesn't bother me.

And it doesn't make up for your arrogance and stupidity.

Old 10-06-2002, 01:09 AM   #74
Steam

Steam

They don't like them because they win. It is that simple. There is no other explanation for it.
Old 10-06-2002, 01:11 AM   #75
Steam

Steam

Quote:
Originally posted by GoLleyt

And it doesn't make up for your arrogance and stupidity.
Stupidity? Please. Don't make me laugh. That's rich. Me, stupid. Yeah, that works.