Baseball: Who will be World Champions? - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Who will it be?

New York Yankees 7 35.00%
Minnesota Twins 0 0%
Oakland Athletics 2 10.00%
Annaheim Angels 2 10.00%
Atlanta Braves 6 30.00%
St. Louis Cardinals 2 10.00%
Arizona Diamondbacks (DC) 0 0%
San Francisco Giants 1 5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2002, 10:02 AM   #16
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

Allie

Pf @ Seattle and Boston. Oh well though.

@ the Yankees

Le Poussin! Faithfully ignoring the haters since 1995.

Le Poulailler de Poussin! (Simontarded.)

Ron Paul for President 2012!
Scotso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2002, 11:14 AM   #17
country flag the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond repute

The Yankees will beat the Braves yet again to win the World Series.

And if the Braves are upset by the Giants in the Division Series, then the Braves winning legacy of the past 11 years will take another hit.
Old 10-01-2002, 11:03 PM   #18
country flag the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond reputethe cat has a reputation beyond repute

I was tempted to pick Oakland to win the World Series. But the loss of sluggler Jason Giambi will eventually catch up with them. Right?
Old 10-02-2002, 04:51 AM   #19
mitchster

mitchster

Minnesota beat Oakland very suprised, as I only saw the first two innings and it looked as though the Twins were just handing the win to the A's....no worries though, the A's will sweep the next three
Yankees
The Cards have already gotten 6 runs off Randy Johnson! Right on!!!! I hope they send off Johnson and Schilling with their tails between their legs in this series! (Mean, yes, to be thinking these things...but I have to say those two are such good pitchers that I love to see them lose )

Also today, the Mets fired Bobby Valentine...that pleased me enormously...I couldn't stand to see his sneering face and his arrogance...especially when they were going up against the Braves

I'm hoping for a Braves-Athletics showdown, since the Mariners didn't make it....go Braves
mitchster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 04:55 AM   #20
Allie

Allie has a reputation beyond reputeAllie has a reputation beyond reputeAllie has a reputation beyond reputeAllie has a reputation beyond reputeAllie has a reputation beyond reputeAllie has a reputation beyond reputeAllie has a reputation beyond reputeAllie has a reputation beyond reputeAllie has a reputation beyond reputeAllie has a reputation beyond reputeAllie has a reputation beyond repute

Mitch likes the M's?

"The Vagina is like a car wash, when something goes in, it always comes out clean and smells fresh"
- Allegra
Allie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 05:11 AM   #21
mitchster

mitchster

Yeah, the M's kick ass I'm from BC so they're sort of my hometown team even though I'm 500 miles away lol
mitchster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 05:31 AM   #22
Allie

Allie has a reputation beyond reputeAllie has a reputation beyond reputeAllie has a reputation beyond reputeAllie has a reputation beyond reputeAllie has a reputation beyond reputeAllie has a reputation beyond reputeAllie has a reputation beyond reputeAllie has a reputation beyond reputeAllie has a reputation beyond reputeAllie has a reputation beyond reputeAllie has a reputation beyond repute

ohhhhhhhhh hi former neighbor

"The Vagina is like a car wash, when something goes in, it always comes out clean and smells fresh"
- Allegra
Allie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 03:39 PM   #23
country flag Daniel

Daniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond reputeDaniel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Central
I voted the Braves as I have a baseball cap of them, but I nave no idea

neither do I

~~~Roger Federer (16 GS): Wimbledon 2003, AO 2004, Wimbledon 2004, US Open 2004, Wimbledon 2005, US Open 2005, AO 2006, Wimbledon 2006, US Open 2006, AO 2007, Wimbledon 2007, US Open 2007, US Open 2008, Roland Garros 2009, Wimbledon 2009, AO 2010 ~~~

Daniel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 03:49 PM   #24
country flag the cat

Allie, I'm suprised the Mariners struggled so much down the stretch!

And it looks like the Mets might be looking to bring Sweet Lou Piniella to New York to manage the Mets. They fired Bobby Valentine yesterday. I'm a fan of his. But he had to go. And the General Manager Steve Phillips who put this team of underachieving fat cats together should have been fired, too. Lou Pinella should think very carefully about managing the Mets and this team of fat cats who can't run the base and play sloppy defense. In Seattle, he has a team of good players with good young pitchers like Garcia and Piniero. The Mets don't have good young pitchers. And they don't have a good future, either. I like Piniella alot from years gone by. But if he takes the Mets managing job, he'll live to regret it. Because this team isn't going anywhere for a few years. And the pressure on the new Manager wil be immense. And Lou has a good team in Seattle. The Mets aren't close to being a good team.

Mitch, I'd be careful about the Twins. I see that series going 5 games now. The Yankees would sure love it if Oakland got knocked out!

These Baseball playoff games go on too long! Or is it that they just start to late?

Last edited by the cat : 10-04-2002 at 03:28 PM.
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 03:53 PM   #25
country flag Scotso

Scotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond reputeScotso has a reputation beyond repute

Byebye Bobby!

Old 10-02-2002, 09:20 PM   #26
country flag Barrie_Dude

Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeBarrie_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeBarrie_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeBarrie_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeBarrie_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeBarrie_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeBarrie_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeBarrie_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeBarrie_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeBarrie_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeBarrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by the cat
Allie, I'm suprised the Mariners struggled so much down the stretch!

And it looks like the Mets might be looking to bring Sweet Lou Pinellla to New York to manage the Mets. They fired Bobby Valentine yesterday. I'm a fan of his. But he had to go. And the General Manager Steve Phillips who put this team of underachieving fat cats together should have been fired, too. Lou Pinella should think very carefully about managing the Mets and this team of fat cats who can't run the base and play sloppy defense. In Seattle, he has a team of good players with good young pitchers like Garcia and Piniero. The Mets don't have good young pitchers. And they don't have a good future, either. I like Piniella alot from years gone by. But if he takes the Mets managing job, he'll live to regret it. Because this team isn't going anywhere for a few years. And the pressure on the new Manager wil be immense. And Lou has a good team in Seattle. The Mets aren't close to being a good team.

Mitch, I'd be careful about the Twins. I see that series going 5 games now. The Yankees would sure love it if Oakland got knocked out!

These Baseball playoff games go on too long! Or is it that they just start to late?
Actually, I hope that Pizza Man Mike Illitch hires him in Detroit
Old 10-02-2002, 11:01 PM   #27
country flag the cat

Barrie, I don't think a prominent manager will take the Tigers managing job. I think Willie Randolph will get that job.
Old 10-03-2002, 12:08 AM   #28
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

I want the Giants to upset the Braves

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 12:18 AM   #29
country flag Scotso

Becca, don't talk to me

I hate you for the remainder of the playoffs

Old 10-03-2002, 02:52 AM   #30
Steam

Steam

Actually, Alan Trammell will probably get the Tigers job.

Scott, will you hate her for the remainder of the playoffs or the remainder that the Braves are in it, all of a few more days?
Steam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote