Your expectations for Federer in 2013. - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-27-2012, 08:25 AM   #16
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your expectations for Federer in 2013.

I agree with Lenders and Jverweij. Really difficult to know what to expect. I'll follow with interest, and hopefully enjoy a viruzzz-season rather than a GSMnadal-season.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 08:54 AM   #17
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

I will mostly pay attention to him staying in the top-4 as long as possible then especially this year, and tremble in slams' early rounds as always, especially 3rd round and R16.

I would love him to make something in the US Open, the level he played there between 2009 and 2011 I would love that it gets him somewhere one day, at least in the final now.

Wimbledon I don't think is his best slam at all : he can also lose in early rounds there

Any slam final and even more any slam win would be a bonus, but of course if he gets to the final, it would be better to win

I would also love him to have some success in Masters 1000 where he hasn't been that successful in the past : Indian Wells (except last year), Roma, Montreal, Shanghai.

And I would love him to play Paris and skip Basel just to see him play live again

Oh I would also like him not to lose to Berdych and rather lose to Ferrer
Old 12-27-2012, 09:26 AM   #18
country flag manadrainer

manadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond reputemanadrainer has a reputation beyond repute

Be consistent in slams and big tournaments. An 8th wimbledon would be great.

Once upon a time there was a myth about strong and weak eras. On this glorious day the clownery was eventually unmasked: 30 y.o. past-prime daddy Fed became #1 once again in the supposed strong "Spartan" era with his rivals at their peak.
And they all lived happily ever after.
Long live King Federer!

17 Grand Slam titles
7 Wimbledon titles
302 weeks at #1
Legend
manadrainer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:01 AM   #19
country flag latso

latso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond reputelatso has a reputation beyond repute

1 Slam i think is guaranteed. He's still one of the best players out there and being in a paralel tour where he doesn't need to force his body too much, so at the right times he should be at the same level of his main opponents.

Also now he has nothing to prove and nothing to lose, so some of the chokes he did should be history now.

Federer will be a major contender in all Slams and i think he can win at least one of them.

The top 4 ranking at the end of the year is not even under question mark, the top 2 is, but not the top 4.
latso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #20
country flag Abel

Abel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond repute

He'll pick up a couple of 1000s, I'd imagine. Wouldn't be surprised to see a re-match of this year's Wimbledon final as well in 2013.
Abel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #21
country flag GSMnadal

GSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond reputeGSMnadal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by latso View Post
1 Slam i think is guaranteed. He's still one of the best players out there and being in a paralel tour where he doesn't need to force his body too much, so at the right times he should be at the same level of his main opponents.

Also now he has nothing to prove and nothing to lose, so some of the chokes he did should be history now.

Federer will be a major contender in all Slams and i think he can win at least one of them.

The top 4 ranking at the end of the year is not even under question mark, the top 2 is, but not the top 4.
Yeah, 1 slam in about 3 years and another one is guaranteed.

'Rafael Nadal is the best ever' - John McEnroe

1 AO - 9 RG - 2 W - 2 USO
GSMnadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #22
country flag Saberq

Saberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond reputeSaberq has a reputation beyond repute

we can all say with 100% certainty that his 2013 will be worse than his 2012
Saberq is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #23
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
we can all say with 100% certainty that his 2013 will be worse than his 2012
Saying things with "100% certainty" reflects very badly upon the person making the claim, so count me out.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #24
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

My hopes would be that Roger showed a bit more consistency in slams, i.e., make the semis (at least) in all 4 slams (hasn't happened since 2009).

My expectations however are that Roger will lose in the quarters in at least a slam. I also expect Roger to win 4/5 titles including a slam and the WTF. I also expect Roger to be in the top 3 at the end of 2013.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:05 PM   #25
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberq View Post
fed haters can all say with 100% certainty that his 2013 will be worse than his 2012
Fixed.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:05 PM   #26
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Saying things with "100% certainty" reflects very badly upon the person making the claim, so count me out.
Already fixed his post.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:07 PM   #27
country flag duong

duong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond reputeduong has a reputation beyond repute

yes 100% is not rational of course, but it's very likely that he will do worse than in 2012, yes.

I think people have not enough understood/realized how great his 2012 year has been. Many people compare with his best years, which is stupid : the guy is 31 years old, and when you look at tennis history, it's obvious that it's not anecdotical at all.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #28
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
Already fixed his post.
He's not really a Fed hater, or I wouldn't have bothered to correct him. Some people are beyond hope. Saberq is not one of them.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:07 PM   #29
country flag drazyc

drazyc has a reputation beyond reputedrazyc has a reputation beyond reputedrazyc has a reputation beyond reputedrazyc has a reputation beyond reputedrazyc has a reputation beyond reputedrazyc has a reputation beyond reputedrazyc has a reputation beyond reputedrazyc has a reputation beyond reputedrazyc has a reputation beyond reputedrazyc has a reputation beyond reputedrazyc has a reputation beyond repute

After CIncy 2012 I thought Federer really could bloom another time and maybe dominate again as he once did, especially considered Rafa's absence. But USO and the indoor season was a disappointment. He looked very tired towards the end.

I think he can win one of the slams. Wimbledon is as always his best chance, but he has actually played very well in Australia the last couple of years. Both in 2011 and in 2012 I think he had the game to win the tournament, especially in 2012. The 2011 semi against Djokovic was very high quality and should have gone to at least four sets. In 2012 he played one of his worst matches in the tournament against Rafa in the semi, but played brilliantly in the preceding matches. I think he could have beaten Djokovic in the final, so it was a shame for him that he broke down against Rafa.

The only problem is that Murray has gained confidence and become a true winning candidate in slams. And his head to head against Murray is worse than against Djokovic.
drazyc is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #30
country flag Sanya

Sanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond reputeSanya has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to see Rogie preventing Djokovic from winning RG in the final as Rafa is under question.

About expectation though, overall... It`s high time to realize that even the best summer in your life finally will end. I mean I saw many great sportsmen who couldn`t be seriously touchable for years and even that thought seemed to be funny, but sooner or later father Time gets everyone. I think that Roger will win a few titles, 3-4 and finish in TOP-5, but it`ll be his 1 real decline year speaking about his game. This year effort was amazing and plenty of people it looks like are waiting even more next year using these results like basis for another level, but it won`t happen.

Maybe my pessimistic prediction has a lot with my sad mood, don`t know. Just like I feel it right now.