The new trend: stars of the '90s, coaches of top players today - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-22-2013, 05:18 AM   #1
country flag STE...fans

STE...fans has a reputation beyond reputeSTE...fans has a reputation beyond reputeSTE...fans has a reputation beyond reputeSTE...fans has a reputation beyond reputeSTE...fans has a reputation beyond reputeSTE...fans has a reputation beyond reputeSTE...fans has a reputation beyond reputeSTE...fans has a reputation beyond reputeSTE...fans has a reputation beyond reputeSTE...fans has a reputation beyond reputeSTE...fans has a reputation beyond repute
Default The new trend: stars of the '90s, coaches of top players today

Not only Becker-Djokovic and Edberg-Federer. Read this analysis from Espn Deportes about all the former top-5 who have recently got back on track as coaches (or whatever...) of today's champions.

Read the English translation here --> http://bit.ly/1bYpvHN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2013, 11:59 AM   #2
country flag T.C

T.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond reputeT.C has a reputation beyond repute

it makes sense: the players respect and would listen better to someone who has been where they want to go. whether the new coach can communicate and transfer the knowledge is another matter.

I'd love to see Agassi coaching though. I heard him do match commentary/analysis at the us open once and he was brilliant! he had so much insight, specially as he was recently retired and knew the players well.
T.C is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
country flag ssynhtn

ssynhtn has a reputation beyond reputessynhtn has a reputation beyond reputessynhtn has a reputation beyond reputessynhtn has a reputation beyond reputessynhtn has a reputation beyond reputessynhtn has a reputation beyond reputessynhtn has a reputation beyond reputessynhtn has a reputation beyond reputessynhtn has a reputation beyond reputessynhtn has a reputation beyond reputessynhtn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The new trend: stars of the '90s, coaches of top players today

I think these players trying to follow Murray might be disappointed, Murray's improvements has largely been a result of larger strength and better serve
ssynhtn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #4
country flag chili

chili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond reputechili has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssynhtn View Post
I think these players trying to follow Murray might be disappointed, Murray's improvements has largely been a result of larger strength and better serve
Murray was reaching finals, beating the top players and sucking on clay even before Lendl.

I'm not saying Lendl didn't help, he surely did but he did not changed much if any in gameplan or technique. Murray is basically the same the same player for quite some years now. I think it's not an exaggeration to say that pre Lendl Murray would have had quite a good chance to beat Janowicz, Verdasco, Djokovic at Wimbledon and Berdych, Djokovic at a windy US Open.
chili is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #5
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

It's really more stars of the 80s, not 90s. Both Becker and Edberg were still active in the 90s but took off in the 80s. And remember Lendl and Connors....only McEnroe and Wilander resists.
vBookie net amount won: 19109 (2014: +12414, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 90, TT doubles rank 100.
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote