2013 PAW Managers Thread - all tournaments covered :) - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-05-2013, 06:36 PM   #121
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

Aenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 PAW Managers Thread - Need managers for Cincy, WS, USO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky_Forehand View Post
Oh, I know. Still plenty of Tennis to be played in the Fall. I think I'll take the time to learn the ropes more than volunteer then.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowwy View Post
I will be happy to run tournaments in September.
It is always nice to see enthusiastic new addition to our small managers' team Thank you, guys, you are most welcome.

Feel free to choose what tournaments you want to run. I'll add you to the list.
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #122
country flag Nirjhor

Nirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond repute

lolada_4 is playing in Montreal. He edited his post because he wanted to re-order PAW numbering. Editing was made in time... 2 minutes before starting of one of those matches. He said that he's new to PAW and this is his first tournament. What would I do?

78 Titles Including 17 Grandslam, 21 Masters, 6 YEC and Counting.

♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔

The Greatest Player Ever to Play Tennis.

Last edited by Nirjhor : 08-06-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Nirjhor is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #123
country flag purtov45

purtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond reputepurtov45 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirjhor View Post
lolada_4 is playing in Montreal. He edited his post because he wanted to re-order PAW numbering. Editing was made in time... 2 minutes before starting of one of those matches. He said that he's new to PAW and this is his first tournament. What would I do?
I consider, to calculate paw01 and paw02.
PAW: #94(15 nov 2010) --> #71(7 feb 2011)
purtov45 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #124
jrm

jrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond reputejrm has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
in your opening post you have potential editing problem in bold, people need to read
WISHLIST Robby GINEPRI Blaž KAVČIČ Michael LLODRA Feliciano LOPEZ Tomas BERDYCH Martin KLIZAN Julien BENNETEAU Novak DJOKOVIC Dmitry TURSUNOV Janko TIPSAREVIC Stanislas WAWRINKA Thomaz BELLUCCI Eduardo SCHWANK Benoit PAIRE Gilles MULLER Juan Martin del POTRO John ISNER Philipp PETZSCHNER Gilles SIMON Mardy FISH Grigor DIMITROV Florian MAYER
Quote:
HATE LIST Rafael NADAL Andy MURRAY Lleyton HEWITT Marcos BAGHDATIS Bernard TOMIC Fernando VERDASCO Nikolay DAVYDENKO Alexandr DOLGOPOLOV Fabio FOGNINI Gael MONFILS Tommy HAAS Carlos BERLOCQ Albert MONTANES Paolo LORENZI
jrm is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #125
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

Aenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond reputeAenea has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

yeah, well, if the edit was made on time and s/he is a newbie I think you could accept her/his picks but just warn her/him that it will be the 1st and last time.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:25 PM   #126
country flag Nirjhor

Nirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond reputeNirjhor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm View Post
in your opening post you have potential editing problem in bold, people need to read
Exactly. But most people don't bother reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purtov45 View Post
I consider, to calculate paw01 and paw02.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenea View Post
yeah, well, if the edit was made on time and s/he is a newbie I think you could accept her/his picks but just warn her/him that it will be the 1st and last time.
I didn't accept his picks. I know that he didn't change his picks, just changed the order, but editing is still a bad thing. If I accept his picks once, he might do it again despite warning. I read some old PAW threads a couple of weeks ago and I found a case almost like this(in that case, the player changed his picks more than once. He was warned but did the same thing again and again).
So I told him I wouldn't accept his picks, and I did it before those matches completed. Hope it's okay!

♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔

Old 08-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #127
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

IMO we shall not be that harsh on newbies. If he does it again despite the warnings then OK, scratch his picks. But having in mind even seasoned players and even managers are not always familiar with the rules being so harsh to newbies .. is some how wrong.
Whatever. You did what you thought was correct. I would have done it differently but it is up to you.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:11 PM   #128
country flag hallso

hallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond reputehallso has a reputation beyond repute

This new player almost suggest that will be ok if her/his picks are not accepted.
So I would stay with Nirjhor decision and maybe also use it as rule in the future.
(of course if there is readable information about editing/deleting picks at the beggining like in this situation)
hallso is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #129
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

I just went through the thread to have a look as of what exactly was happening and saw that he had just said he'd understand if his picks couldn't be counted. 16-y.o. newbie
but he got lucky that the picks weren't counted now I saw they both were losing picks.
Old 08-08-2013, 08:10 PM   #130
country flag Nirjhor

Quote:
I just went through the thread to have a look as of what exactly was happening and saw that he had just said he'd understand if his picks couldn't be counted. 16-y.o. newbie
but he got lucky that the picks weren't counted now I saw they both were losing picks.
Yeah...

Anyway, I'll manage Cincy too.

♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔

Old 08-11-2013, 11:21 PM   #131
country flag VamosRafaNadal

VamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 PAW Managers Thread - Need managers for WS (URGENT), USO

I won't have time to manage a big tournament like the USO because I am working these days but I will manage Wiston-Salem I won't be available to post the thread until Sunday night because I am all the weekend out of my city. I hope not to have a Sunday start there...
FITD: #17 (Best: #9) | Runner-up: Cincinnati 2013
PAW: #17 (Best: #11) | Titles: Indian Wells 2013
Suicide Tennis: #1 (Best: #1) | Titles: Cincinnati 2013
Tennis Tipping - Singles: #12 (Best: #12) | Titles: ATP Houston 2014 | Final: US OPEN 2013, Arad CH 2013, Tampere CH 2013, Poitiers Fut 2014
Tennis Tipping - Doubles: #127 (Best: #126) | Final: Dallas CH 2014 (w/orangehat), Binghamton CH 2013 (w/randy72391)
Rafael Nadal: The King of Clay. The Warrior. The Mental Giant.
Grigor Dimitrov - Richard Gasquet - Stanislas Wawrinka - Mikhail Youzhny - Tommy Haas - Ernests Gulbis - Jerzy Janowicz - Dominic Thiem - Malek Jaziri - Ricardas Berankis - Marton Fucsovics - James McGee - Borna Coric - Juan Lizariturry
VamosRafaNadal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:23 AM   #132
country flag Aenea
Vault Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VamosRafaNadal View Post
I won't have time to manage a big tournament like the USO because I am working these days but I will manage Wiston-Salem I won't be available to post the thread until Sunday night because I am all the weekend out of my city. I hope not to have a Sunday start there...
Of course it does have, it is the week before a Slam.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:49 AM   #133

VamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Of course it does have, it is the week before a Slam.
Then I will need help from an user. I can create the thread before the weekend with all the information except the Scoring Picks, and then I need one user that posts the Scoring Picks (nothing more) colouring in Green the matches that will be played on Sunday. When I come back on Sunday night I will copy the Scoring Picks to the proper post and I will update the Excel sheet with all the picks data.

Anyone can help me?
Tennis Tipping - Singles: #12 (Best: #12) | Titles: ATP Houston 2014 | Final: US OPEN 2013, Arad CH 2013, Tampere CH 2013, Poitiers Fut 2014
Tennis Tipping - Doubles: #127 (Best: #126) | Final: Dallas CH 2014 (w/orangehat), Binghamton CH 2013 (w/randy72391)
Grigor Dimitrov - Richard Gasquet - Stanislas Wawrinka - Mikhail Youzhny - Tommy Haas - Ernests Gulbis - Jerzy Janowicz - Dominic Thiem - Malek Jaziri - Ricardas Berankis - Marton Fucsovics - James McGee - Borna Coric - Juan Lizariturry
Old 08-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #134
country flag Nirjhor

Quote:
Originally Posted by VamosRafaNadal View Post
Then I will need help from an user. I can create the thread before the weekend with all the information except the Scoring Picks, and then I need one user that posts the Scoring Picks (nothing more) colouring in Green the matches that will be played on Sunday. When I come back on Sunday night I will copy the Scoring Picks to the proper post and I will update the Excel sheet with all the picks data.

Anyone can help me?
I'll help you.

♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔♔

Old 08-12-2013, 04:12 PM   #135

Quote:
I'll help you.
PERFECT Nirjhor, thank you very much I will send you a PM when I create the thread. It will be great to have a message of you just after my messages. There you can put the Scoring Picks. I will copy the table and paste it to my message with my mobile phone. You can send me the Excel Spreadsheet after you use it.

Thank you very much