Season in the Boganland - the Attention Seekers - Page 91 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-24-2013, 10:20 AM   #1351
country flag Thanos
Banned!

Thanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Attention Seekers - happy birthday, thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennizen View Post
Imo, there's a fine line between breaking a few rules and losing the plot completely. Initially, it seemed like a good idea that there are no main characters because that is a bit more reflective of reality but after a point it just became a game for him and an excuse for lack of direction. He also fell into the money making trap most popular fantasy authors fall into. I cannot say more without revealing spoilers.

My last complaint with the books is that his actual writing and pacing skills are not that good. Large chunks of the books are painfully boring to read.
no main characters in reality??? i'm main character in this thread... without me this thread has no viewers or traffic . in all seriousness i expected most of the main characters to die in GOT. i have already read by accident that my two favourite characters have already died in the books but alive in the tv series. anyways hema saying the books are boring than enough evidence for me to never read another overrated author.

in other news, federer got the most easiest draw ever . two challenger players and two weak french guys for his first four rounds than a vulture. roland garros tournament organizers should go to prison for such a disgusting fix.

Last edited by Thanos : 05-24-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Thanos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2013, 10:22 AM   #1352
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castafiore View Post
Sure it did.

Took him a mighty long time to get permabanned.
Only because this mod hunger for permabans is a recent trend. Think of it this way- Gago and Mikey scale a similar level of trolldom and Gago is still around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitt =Legend View Post
Look who's here. I just hope for your sake that you didn't miss the momentous posts that revealed my son's latest visage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaitare View Post
PPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
you're the first person to say that tv series is better than the books. i take your word for it, since we've been agreeing a lot on other things.
I thought the first two seasons did a good job of paring down the book effectively. Also, the really great casting helped. Seems like the third season is not going so well in the TV series.
“But even so, amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still for ever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.” - Melville, Moby Dick
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:29 AM   #1353
country flag Thanos
Banned!

Thanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond reputeThanos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I thought the first two seasons did a good job of paring down the book effectively. Also, the really great casting helped. Seems like the third season is not going so well in the TV series.
i thought the first season was boring but i enjoyed seeing sean bean die. second season was excellent and fast paced. third season nothing is happening, it's going at snail pace.

danaerys is building her army, jon snow lost his virginity and theon being tortured for seven episodes straight. everyone else is being emo.... that sums up season three thus far. the dialogue has suffered the most with no bitchness at all .
Thanos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #1354
country flag JolánGagó

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Think of it this way- Gago and Mikey scale a similar level of trolldom and Gago is still around.
First, Im way smarter.

Second, only in your parallel universe is my level of trolldom similar to his. He was the Mother of All Trolls.

Third, I won't be around for long and my permaban won't be reversed as his was once. That's a privilege only Federinass' lickers enjoy in this forum.

Last edited by JolánGagó : 05-24-2013 at 01:00 PM.
JolánGagó is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:37 PM   #1355
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
no main characters in reality??? i'm main character in this thread... without me this thread has no viewers or traffic .
I should probably have said main characters remain main characters only for short periods of time.

Quote:
in all seriousness i expected most of the main characters to die in GOT. i have already read by accident that my two favourite characters have already died in the books but alive in the tv series.
have they changed a lot of things in the tv series?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolánGagó View Post
First, Im way smarter
I don't deny that but that is irrelevant to our current discussion.

Quote:
Second, only in your parallel universe is my level of trolldom similar to his. He was the Mother of All Trolls.
He was characterized by a greater volume of posts but I believe you are/were more impactful- probably a result of your point#1. But I do acknowledge that you were absent for long periods of time over the last year and half.

Quote:
Third, I won't be around for long and my permaban won't be reversed as his was once. That's a privilege only Federinass' lickers enjoy in this forum.
Comparing pre-2008 MTF to post 2008 is as pointless as the weak era debates.
“But even so, amid the tornadoed Atlantic of my being, do I myself still for ever centrally disport in mute calm; and while ponderous planets of unwaning woe revolve round me, deep down and deep inland there I still bathe me in eternal mildness of joy.” - Melville, Moby Dick
Old 05-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #1356
country flag tennizen

This does not mean I want you to be permabanned. I have the greatest affection for trolls of all shapes and sizes and especially mensa trolls.

Also, you haven't posted pics of your children as you originally promised.

Last edited by tennizen : 05-24-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:08 PM   #1357
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

He did. Remember Alfonso and Osiris?( )?
Old 05-24-2013, 07:29 PM   #1358
country flag JolánGagó

JolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond reputeJolánGagó has a reputation beyond repute

Yes but I ought to provide updated ones.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:48 PM   #1359
country flag Ilovetheblues_86

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

[FELIP] Genci -agite

http://www.daviscup.com/en/draws-res...ieId=100020642

Albania 3-0 Azerbaijan

Flavio Dece (ALB) def A. Manafli 6-1 6-3
G. Shypeja (ALB) def A. Guliyev 7-5 6-3

Dece/Pelushi (ALB) def Guliyev/Manafli 6-2 7-6 (8)

Decin even took 3 games from the 980th of the world

A. YUKSEL (TUR) F. DECE 6-2 6-1

Dece to win an ATP point??? Thats the biggest question in sports right now, por supuesto.

Maybe now Albania wins some points?? Not sure how much

121 Botswana +2 1.25 4
121 Cameroon +1 1.25 4
123 Congo +6 0.00 4
123 Bermuda +1 0.00 4
123 Yemen +5 0.00 4
126 Rwanda 0 0.00 8
127 Albania +3 0.00 11
127 US Virgin Islands 0 0.00 11

[/felip]

Last edited by Ilovetheblues_86 : 05-24-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Ilovetheblues_86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:55 PM   #1360

Ilovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond reputeIlovetheblues_86 has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, some days delay, but I only saw today. Sorry.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #1361

Inspired by a popular guide to Understanding the British, I've put together a few entries in a Foreigners' Guide to Understanding Brazilians. Portuguese speakers and Brazilianists are invited to add more in the comments. Hat tip to Brazil-based journalists Andrew Downie and Dom Phillips, who contributed items, and Olivier Teboul, a Frenchman living in Belo Horizonte whose list of "Brazilian curiosities" (in Portuguese) has generated a huge response from amused, and sometimes bemused, locals.

What Brazilians say: Yes (Sim)
What foreigners hear: Yes
What Brazilians mean: Anything from yes through perhaps to no

What Brazilians say: Perhaps (Talvez)
What foreigners hear: Perhaps
What Brazilians mean: No

What Brazilians say: No (Năo)
What foreigners hear (on the very rare occasion a Brazilian says it): No
What Brazilians mean: Absolutely never, not in a million years, this is the craziest thing I've ever been asked

What Brazilians say: I'm nearly there (Tô chegando)
What foreigners hear: He's nearly here
What Brazilians mean: I've set out

What Brazilians say: I'll be there in ten minutes (Vou chegar em dez minutinhos)
What foreigners hear: He'll be here soon
What Brazilians mean: Some time in the next half-hour I'll get up off the sofa and start looking for my car keys

What Brazilians say: I'll show up later (Vou aparecer mais tarde)
What foreigners hear: He'll be here later
What Brazilians mean: I won't be coming

What Brazilians say: Let's stay in touch, ok? (A gente se vę, vamos combinar, ta?)
What foreigners hear: He'd like to stay in touch (though, puzzlingly, we don't seem to have swapped contact details)
What Brazilians mean: No more than a Briton means by: "Nice weather, isn't it?"

What Brazilians say: I'm going to tell you something/ Let me tell you something/ It's the following/ Just look and you'll see (Vou te falar uma coisa/ Deixa te falar uma coisa/ É o seguinte/ Olha só pra vocę ver)
What foreigners hear (especially after many repetitions): He thinks I'm totally inattentive or perhaps mentally deficient
What Brazilians mean: Ahem (it's just a verbal throat-clear)

What Brazilians say: A hug! A kiss! (Um abraço! Um beijo!)
What foreigners hear: I've clearly made quite an impression—we've just met but he/she really likes me!
Waht Brazilians mean: Take care, cheers, bye

What Brazilians say: You speak Portuguese really, really well! (Vocę fala portuguęs super-bem!)
What foreigners hear: How great! My grammar and accent must be coming on a lot better than I thought
What Brazilians mean: How great! A foreigner is trying to learn Portuguese! Admittedly, the grammar and accent are so awful I can barely understand a word... but anyway! A foreigner is trying to learn Portuguese!
Old 05-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #1362
country flag acionescu

acionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond reputeacionescu has a reputation beyond repute

Old 05-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #1363
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by acionescu View Post
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #1364

Yes, acionescu, yes.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:12 PM   #1365
country flag Smoke944

Smoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond reputeSmoke944 has a reputation beyond repute

Someone come visit me in Denmark?
Smoke944 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote