Season in the Boganland - the Attention Seekers - Page 65 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-28-2013, 12:50 AM   #961
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Attention Seekers - happy birthday, thread!

chau to feldman
anyway, wasnt he permabanned already in 2007?

soon TA forum (which exists only for me to post tournament entry lists and withdrawals) will have more life than mtf

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2013, 01:09 AM   #962
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
chau to feldman
anyway, wasnt he permabanned already in 2007?

soon TA forum (which exists only for me to post tournament entry lists and withdrawals) will have more life than mtf
think that was his 6 month ban.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:15 AM   #963
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

i was a mod back then and im pretty sure it was a permaban cos we voted on that i even remember for what it was

yep it was in 2007

and then later admins said it was reversed to 6 months ban, so maybe they can do something like that again (they did that to sapeod when he was a kid)

Old 03-28-2013, 01:27 AM   #964
country flag Nathaliia

whom will i be playing in my popcon finals against

Old 03-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #965
country flag tennizen

tennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond reputetennizen has a reputation beyond repute

All is well, Dr. Sue. Good to read about your kids.

Thanos -asks for updates and then ignores them.
This is detachment -- 
when the old is over and the new has not yet come. 
If you are afraid, the state may be distressing, 
but there is really nothing to be afraid of. 
Remember the instruction: 
Whatever you come across -- go beyond.”
tennizen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #966
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i was a mod back then and im pretty sure it was a permaban cos we voted on that i even remember for what it was

yep it was in 2007

and then later admins said it was reversed to 6 months ban, so maybe they can do something like that again (they did that to sapeod when he was a kid)
Shame your post in that thread goes by un noticed.

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Bĺstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

Former #1 in Suicide Tennis (Titles: 2 / Won: 7)
#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
EnriqueIG8 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #967
country flag Nathaliia

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnriqueIG8 View Post
Shame your post in that thread goes by un noticed.
i left too much compassion for mod situation

at the same time, if it's true what people say, that he wanted to get banned and committed some post (which i didn't read) on purpose, then maybe better to leave it as it is, not everyone (like me ) are able to reduce MTF and get a boyfriend and real life social activities, some need a ban from MTF for that shouldn't he at his age get a job and wife already

i remember when i was a noob i was insulted ugly by mistaflava for some harmless post, i think about defending tennis doubles... i reported it, nothing was done, so i wrote the mods that i don't wish to be insulted and a poster should be punished i got response, "yeah but it's mistaflava, everyone knows him, just ignore his comments."
i said i had a dignity and i come to this place to get involved in a discussion about tennis, not to read slurs about myself, which i didn't bring on to me with wrong behaviour of my own (for instance i would just completely ignore mutual baitings ACC like when both parties love it, instead of giving them both infractions...)

he got 3 months ban

so, on the one side is a popular poster, and on the other side we have posters who want to use the forum in peace and not fight

the difference with mikey and many other posters (incl. flava) is that with mikey you *can* make up pretty quickly, *that's* why he is more harmless than the rest, plus he developed some good humour over years and actually contributed to the board

i wouldn't like to have to make a decision about this, both sides have solid arguments

Old 03-28-2013, 05:31 PM   #968
country flag Li Ching Yuen

Li Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond repute

*flashestits*
Old 03-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #969
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Ching Yuen View Post
*flashestits*
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #970
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

at the same time, if it's true what people say, that he wanted to get banned and committed some post (which i didn't read) on purpose, then maybe better to leave it as it is, not everyone (like me ) are able to reduce MTF and get a boyfriend and real life social activities, some need a ban from MTF for that shouldn't he at his age get a job and wife already

i remember when i was a noob i was insulted ugly by mistaflava for some harmless post, i think about defending tennis doubles... i reported it, nothing was done, so i wrote the mods that i don't wish to be insulted and a poster should be punished i got response, "yeah but it's mistaflava, everyone knows him, just ignore his comments."
i said i had a dignity and i come to this place to get involved in a discussion about tennis, not to read slurs about myself, which i didn't bring on to me with wrong behaviour of my own (for instance i would just completely ignore mutual baitings ACC like when both parties love it, instead of giving them both infractions...)

he got 3 months ban

so, on the one side is a popular poster, and on the other side we have posters who want to use the forum in peace and not fight

the difference with mikey and many other posters (incl. flava) is that with mikey you *can* make up pretty quickly, *that's* why he is more harmless than the rest, plus he developed some good humour over years and actually contributed to the board

i wouldn't like to have to make a decision about this, both sides have solid arguments
Nathii!

AHH MISTAFLAVA!!!!!!!!! Mistaflava got married and a life. Not sure if he was permabanned or he left on his own. x1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Old 03-28-2013, 05:58 PM   #971
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
i

I don't know why this story is spread around. I talked to him about the situation and he never said anything like that. He didn't seem to me that he wanted to be banned.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #972
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

EnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond reputeEnriqueIG8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star View Post
I don't know why this story is spread around. I talked to him about the situation and he never said anything like that. He didn't seem to me that he wanted to be banned.
He didn't want to be permabanned, but he did want to step away from MTF for a while whilst keeping his profile intact.

Former #1 in FITD (Titles: 11 / US Open 2009 + MS Shanghai 2010 + MS Cincinatti 2011 champion)
also: Bangkok 2008, Sydney 2009, Acapulco 2009, Dubai 2009, Bĺstad 2009, Stockholm 2009, Eastbourne 2010 & Auckland 2013

#89 in TT Singles (Titles: 3 / CH Ortisei 2010, CH Bratislava 2010 & CH Mons 2012) | ATP Zagreb F 2013
#74 in TT Doubles (Titles: 6 / CH Rome 2011 + CH Ostrava 2011 w. vn01, CH Madrid 2012 w. Rodrigol_87, CH Sheffield 2013 w. sdtoot & CH Rome 2013 + CH Bordeaux 2013 w. Sonj1989)
Old 03-28-2013, 06:13 PM   #973
country flag EnriqueIG8
Som i Serem

Quote:

he got 3 months ban

That's just untrue So everyone who is highly active on MTF has no job, social life or girlfriend?

I agree with the rest of this post again, though. There are a lot of valid points for and a lot of valid points against this ban / the rules in general. He was harmless and not a troll, and a lot of people did get his kind of humor. He never hold a real grudge against you, if he "attacked" you he almost immediately made it up to you. But on the other hand, having 15 red cards in 9 years says much. Things can be misinterpreted wrong once, maybe twice but I don't believe that every single mod (over the years there have been modteam changes) was wrong in their decision to give an infraction.

Yes, MTF gets duller and duller without these characters but in that Unban thread most people posts are way too emotional and not very rational.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #974
country flag Li Ching Yuen

Li Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Jealous?
Old 03-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #975
country flag tripwires

tripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond reputetripwires has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Ching Yuen View Post
Jealous?
Most people, men included, have bigger tits than me, so you're probably right.
"But certain interests of particular people are so important that it would be wrong - morally wrong - for the community to sacrifice those interests just to secure an overall benefit. Political rights mark off and protect these particularly important interests. A political right, we may say, is a trump over the kind of trade-off argument that normally justifies political action." - Ronald Dworkin (RIP)
tripwires is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote