The World Athletics Thread (Blake fastest ever 100m in a headwind) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-07-2007, 01:49 PM   #1
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default The World Athletics Thread (Blake fastest ever 100m in a headwind)

Yes, I know most of them are drugged up with something and as much as I hate that aspect, I still appreciate the sport, like anything some events more than other.

It's good that the Champs are in Osaka, better time for me to watch it. They usually try harder at the these Champs before the Olympics, whereas the one after the Olympics, aren't as good usually.

Talk about your heroes, ones you love to hate and whatever event, except the race walk which is only entertaining when there are disqualifications.

This sprinter from Slovenia, Alenka Bikar won't win any medals, but she wins in other areas, as shown below.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1

Last edited by Action Jackson : 08-25-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2007, 01:50 PM   #2
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Athletics Thread. World Champs in Osaka coming up

Good to see Asafa Powell back running again, though he has had limited preparation and Tyson Gay has stepped up in the 100m to challenge him.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-07-2007, 02:19 PM   #3
country flag Naide

Naide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond repute

Kluft and Isinbayeva are my fave

it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our over 200 forums. A few popular destinations include our General Message/A> forums, our Off-Topic and our Player Forums where like-minded fans get together!
Naide is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:21 PM   #4
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Isinbayeva, she is even more dominant than Federer in her event, it will take something special for her not to win another major medal, but they will catch up to her eventually.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-07-2007, 02:46 PM   #5
country flag Naide

Naide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond reputeNaide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreas Du Rieux View Post
Isinbayeva, she is even more dominant than Federer in her event, it will take something special for her not to win another major medal, but they will catch up to her eventually.
The thing is that we don't know how high she can really go, it's all about records and bluff but for me, the others can't reach her level.
There won't be a new queen until she retires, unless she's injured which of course i hope won't occur.

it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our over 200 forums. A few popular destinations include our General Message/A> forums, our Off-Topic and our Player Forums where like-minded fans get together!
Old 08-07-2007, 02:48 PM   #6
bad gambler

Steve Hooker for gold in the pole vault!!!
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 02:49 PM   #7
country flag Zirconek
Tênis Mambembe

Zirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond reputeZirconek has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilicious View Post
The thing is that we don't know how high she can really go, it's all about records and bluff but for me, the others can't reach her level.
There won't be a new queen until she retires, unless she's injured which of course i hope won't occur.
she is the best, no doubt, however women pole vault is a new discipline (that's why she breaks so much records ), so probably she won't hold the record for much time after her retirement.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:50 PM   #8
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilicious View Post
She follows the Bubka method, improve the record by 1cm and get more cash in doing so. This being said Bubka only ever 1 Olympic Gold which isn't enough for a man of his abilities.

All it takes for the wind not to be right, an injury beforehand, but she is so clear of everyone in the event it's not funny.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-07-2007, 02:53 PM   #9
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
Steve Hooker for gold in the pole vault!!!
He's better than Burgess, who seems to freeze on the big occasion, though Burgess has cleared the magical 6m barrier.

Apart from Pittman on the track, the Aussies to get any medals need to do it in the field events.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-07-2007, 02:58 PM   #10
country flag Naide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirconek View Post
she is the best, no doubt, however women pole vault is a new discipline (that's why she breaks so much records ), so probably she won't hold the record for much time after her retirement.
As long as she has it when she is in the competition, it's ok for me

My lovely swede team Olsson-Bergqvist-Kluft-Kristiansson-Holm

And Doucouré of course!

Old 08-07-2007, 03:33 PM   #11
country flag SloKid
In hiding.

SloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond reputeSloKid has a reputation beyond repute

Bikar

We also have Snežana Rodić (now married to former Portsmouth player Aleksander Rodić), who will compete in triple jump, which is quite an achievement since she's coming back after giving birth to her first child.
She's quite the looker too:
SloKid is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:50 PM   #12
country flag rosespower

rosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond reputerosespower has a reputation beyond repute

Andreas Thorkildsen

Marian Oprea

I would love to see that!
rosespower is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:02 PM   #13
country flag JMG

JMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond reputeJMG has a reputation beyond repute

Pitkämäki
JMG is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:06 PM   #14
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Big hooray for the athletics thread!

Korzeniowski, brilliant walker, awful sport TV boss :retard:

I guess if Pyrek doesn't win a medal, we won't have any medal.

Meseret Defar Dibaba sisters Kenenisa Bekele Christian Olsson

i want something else to get me through this life....
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:07 PM   #15
country flag PamposCypriot

PamposCypriot has a reputation beyond reputePamposCypriot has a reputation beyond reputePamposCypriot has a reputation beyond reputePamposCypriot has a reputation beyond reputePamposCypriot has a reputation beyond reputePamposCypriot has a reputation beyond reputePamposCypriot has a reputation beyond reputePamposCypriot has a reputation beyond reputePamposCypriot has a reputation beyond reputePamposCypriot has a reputation beyond reputePamposCypriot has a reputation beyond repute

I love athletics and this is my all time fave athlete... Michael Johnson

Before game starts:
Sharapova: You are so hot today Amelie.. Wanna go for a drink after the game? ^^

Result: Sharapova - Mauresmo 2-0 (6-0 6-0)
PamposCypriot is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote