Q and A with Pratik - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-22-2012, 11:10 PM   #16
country flag Featherer

Featherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond reputeFeatherer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Q and A with Pratik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
Doubles gets too boring while playing. For me, tennis is all about the flow of the game. Hit a shot, get into position for the next, and so on. Just watching while the other person hits get irritating.
And still you are interested in Doubles quite much. So it's mainly for Bhupathi, Paes and the general importance of Doubles tennis in India...(?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
amount of attention the Indian media has given their relationship over the past 13 odd years. The rivalry has got so ugly has if you have followed it as much as I did, you almost inevitably will take a side. Their off-court attitude during all this played a huge role in it. Over the years I slowly started favouring Paes more and disliking Bhupathi more.
On court, I always enjoyed Paes' game more than Bhupathis. He is definitely a lot more versatile and the better player among the two. Sticking to mens doubles, Paes has lifted the careers of many of his partners. Many of his partners have had the best years of their careers while with him (Bhupathi, Stepanek, Rikl, Damm, Dlouhy). In fact that makes all of his long term partners except Zimonjic who had a more successful partnership with Nestor. Without taking anything away from Bhupathi, who is a great Doubles player, he has always been the more "dormant" one in all his partnerships.
Interesting all that.
Is rather Bhupathi to blame for the split of this great Indian Double (in your opinion) ?
One would rather think (maybe as a classical prejudice) of the more versatile/initiative(/better) player of the duo to search for "new challenges".
(I haven't followed it at all.)

"Tennis must be a bourgeois sport, and so are its fans." Echoes

"Fed demolishing Dimitrov will be normal, boring, mundane. We have enough of it in our lives already.
We want something unusual, wonderful and unexpected, turning point, magic.
Hence everybody hyping Dimitrov. We want a fairy tale.
"
Riff
Featherer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2012, 05:14 PM   #17
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherer View Post
And still you are interested in Doubles quite much. So it's mainly for Bhupathi, Paes and the general importance of Doubles tennis in India...(?)
My interest in watching doubles is not related to my lack of it for playing doubles. It has got nothing to do with Indian tennis(I am not patriotic enough). I enjoy watching doubles mainly because of the pace of the game. Plus, you rarely get to see good volleying in Singles. Endless baseline tennis can get a bit too much for me, so I would rather watch doubles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherer View Post
Interesting all that.
Is rather Bhupathi to blame for the split of this great Indian Double (in your opinion) ?
One would rather think (maybe as a classical prejudice) of the more versatile/initiative(/better) player of the duo to search for "new challenges".
(I haven't followed it at all.)
It is actually very tough to blame just one of the two for the initial split. Their fallout began back in 1998 ending(before they won a GS together). Interestingly, despite all extremely public nature of their fight throughout the past decade and half, none of them(or their fathers ) have ever mentioned anything about their initial fallout. But, I am pretty sure it was something off court. Rumour has it that it was a fight over a girl(which may or may not have something to do with their model/Miss Universe wives).

And to the second part of your post, it is also possible that the "worse" player got tired of living in the shadow of the "better" one and wanted something different, which incidentally has been said quite a few times about Bhupathi.
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:00 PM   #18
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond reputePunky has a reputation beyond repute

a few questions for u

do u love living in india?
have u meet israeli tourists there?
is it true that china and india dont like each other?
whats ur fav slam?
im also i Vegetarian so i must ask, how long ur a Vegetarian? is it hard for u? whats ur reasons?
things were created to be used.
The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved, and people are being used."

"יברכך ה' וישמרך,יאר ה' פניו אליך ויחונך,ישא ה' פניו אליך וישם לך שלום"
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:50 AM   #19
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
do u love living in india?
I like it. But, I want to move out, mainly for academic reasons.

Quote:
have u meet israeli tourists there?
Never met any.

Quote:
is it true that china and india dont like each other?
In one word, Yes. But it is not that black and white.
There was a India-China war 50 years ago and a couple of "military conflicts" since, the latest being 25 years ago. China has even supported Pakistan in one of its wars with India. It is tough to recover from that.
That being said, there have been a lot of diplomatic ties in the past decade and some huge trade agreements in the last couple of years.
The Indian youth has nothing against China, and some the them(well, us would be the better word) love the fact that India and China are taking over the world, in sheer numbers if nothing else

Quote:
whats ur fav slam?
Wimbledon. It is not even close. Two reason:
1) Grass court tennis >> All other surfaces
2) No-ad scoring in doubles.

Quote:
im also i Vegetarian so i must ask, how long ur a Vegetarian? is it hard for u? whats ur reasons?
My whole life. It is not at all hard. In India, being a vegetarian is never hard. There are vegetarian options for food where ever you go. Although the percent of vegetarians in India has been decreasing, there is still a reasonable number of us. I don't really have a reason for vegetarianism. My family is vegetarian and I've never had the urge to have any form of meat.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #20
country flag Kolya

Kolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond reputeKolya has a reputation beyond repute

What are your thoughts on Cheteshwar Pujara?
Old 12-29-2012, 06:39 PM   #21
country flag Pratik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolya View Post
What are your thoughts on Cheteshwar Pujara?
I know fully well that Pujara has played less than 10 matches and I am not going to get my hopes up too much so early. That being said, I think he is exactly what Indian test cricket needs. India need one(at least one) specialized test batsman and I can see him becoming one. He did say something about a week or so ago about his intent to play ODI and T20s, but as long as he remains primarily a test player I have no issue. Apart from his game, our side needs him as the rest of the young generation players are all hot-heads.

To some extent, I agree with the Dravid comparisons. In terms of technique and temperament, he seems absolutely solid. I really hope that this Dravid talk doesn't make him cocky. He needs to stay level headed.

In the current Indian team, I enjoy watching his batting the most(bar Sachin, of course). Dale Steyn vs Pujara would be just