2013 FITD Manager Thread | Where FITD managers meet... - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-21-2013, 10:50 PM   #61
country flag lukela85

lukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 FITD Manager Thread | Managers, sign up for January tournaments!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marto View Post
And instead you to say thanks you start attack person

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Spot on chief
lukela85 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013, 06:37 AM   #62
country flag jervisjames

jervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 FITD Manager Thread | Managers, sign up for January tournaments!!!

Hmm, I responded to luke's PM to me. I actually sent PM's to him last week for Sao Paolo and received nothing back. It is just a maturity thing really. Thankyou all for supporting my action in providing the update. I think I missed any attack, was it deleted?

As I have indicated to Luke, managing isn't just about setting up a thread. He hadn't asked for any assistance as far as I'm aware, didn't reply to my messages to assist last week for Sao Paolo and made no apology for the lack of updates and very late final update. But thankyou for providing the final update.

Luke, Define the word MANAGER. We don't mind not having daily updates... but to not say anything in the thread about when you might make an update and to not even put the draw up in the first post is unacceptable.
jervisjames is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:05 AM   #63
country flag jervisjames

jervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond reputejervisjames has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synesthetic View Post
Regarding the spreadsheet, I'm not sure if this is a well known problem among current managers regarding removing spaces - I found that the suggested method of removing spaces (ctrl+F a space and replace with nothing) didn't do the trick for me (and resulted in an incorrect update which I hastily removed ). It turned out that the spaces were actually "non-breaking" spaces; to remove these you have to enter ALT+0160 (using numpad) into the find bar instead of just a normal space. Might be good to know if anyone is having trouble getting rid of spaces.
OH, really! I didn't realise. I use OpenOffice, so maybe an issue for MS Excel conversion... Any idea on how I might fix that? Maybe I should write that in...

The only problem removing all spaces for me is then remembering to not place a space in names like Ramirez Hidalgo if he wins. (I dont know if I noted that in the instructions.)
Old 02-22-2013, 08:21 AM   #64
country flag lukela85

lukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond reputelukela85 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jervisjames View Post
Hmm, I responded to luke's PM to me. I actually sent PM's to him last week for Sao Paolo and received nothing back. It is just a maturity thing really. Thankyou all for supporting my action in providing the update. I think I missed any attack, was it deleted?

As I have indicated to Luke, managing isn't just about setting up a thread. He hadn't asked for any assistance as far as I'm aware, didn't reply to my messages to assist last week for Sao Paolo and made no apology for the lack of updates and very late final update. But thankyou for providing the final update.

Luke, Define the word MANAGER. We don't mind not having daily updates... but to not say anything in the thread about when you might make an update and to not even put the draw up in the first post is unacceptable.
I ran Sao Paulo, you got the standings for that. You want me to apologize? Not going to happen. It's a game. Real life comes before a game. Very late final update? Tournament finishes Sunday, I updated final standings Monday. How terribly late

Sao Paulo - You got updates = managed. Buenos Aires - no draw - go to atpworldtour.com - simple - no updates - didn't give me a chance before hijacking - round 1 & 2 results won't have a massive impact on final standings. As I've said in a PM, the game is all yours now.
lukela85 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:05 AM   #65
country flag Synesthetic

Synesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
OH, really! I didn't realise. I use OpenOffice, so maybe an issue for MS Excel conversion... Any idea on how I might fix that? Maybe I should write that in...

The only problem removing all spaces for me is then remembering to not place a space in names like Ramirez Hidalgo if he wins. (I dont know if I noted that in the instructions.)
Hmm, I can't be the only one who has been using MS Excel...maybe it depends on which browser you use (I'm using Chrome.) There's probably no need to put it in the instructions though, unless it's a more widespread problem than it appears to be.

Perhaps that post can just serve as a reference for anyone who is having trouble removing spaces in the future. Alternatively we could make an FAQ thread for managers of some kind if we come up with a list of similar issues.
Current Ranking: #19 (Race: #16)
Highest Ranking: #1 (16/04/2012)

Winner: Shanghai 2012, Beijing 2013
Runner-up: Australian Open 2012, Wimbledon 2011, Acapulco 2012, Basel 2011, 's-Hertogenbosch 2014, Kuala Lumpur 2011
Semi-finalist: Madrid 2014, Cincinnati 2011, Barcelona 2013, Valencia 2012, Tokyo 2011, Nice 2014, Kuala Lumpur 2013, Kitzbuhel 2013, Atlanta 2013, Oeiras 2013, Stockholm 2012, Casablanca 2012, Umag 2011
Quarter-finalist: US Open 2014, Toronto 2012, Hamburg 2014, Rotterdam 2014, Oeiras 2014, Halle 2013, Bucharest 2013, Buenos Aires 2013, Brisbane 2013, Halle 2012, Nice 2012, Zagreb 2012, Brisbane 2012, Moscow 2011, Belgrade 2011
Synesthetic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:32 AM   #66
country flag bry17may

bry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synesthetic View Post
Hmm, I can't be the only one who has been using MS Excel...maybe it depends on which browser you use (I'm using Chrome.) There's probably no need to put it in the instructions though, unless it's a more widespread problem than it appears to be.

Perhaps that post can just serve as a reference for anyone who is having trouble removing spaces in the future. Alternatively we could make an FAQ thread for managers of some kind if we come up with a list of similar issues.
This will help me a lot I have the same problem in Montpellier, I also use Excel
bry17may is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:22 PM   #67
country flag DjokerFan3
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

DjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond reputeDjokerFan3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll manage Monte Carlo, Madrid and French Open
Retired Players that I miss: AGASSI, RAFTER, SAFIN, SoderKING, Blake, F.Gonzalez
DISLIKE Nadal, Tomic & Raonic
DjokerFan3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:17 PM   #68
country flag jervisjames

I'll take Casablanca and Barcelona if not already taken.

EDIT: they were taken months back! I'll pick up some in May if managers are needed.

Last edited by jervisjames : 03-05-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:02 PM   #69
country flag DJDVD

DJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'll take Casablanca and Barcelona if not already taken.

EDIT: they were taken months back! I'll pick up some in May if managers are needed.
Casablanca is still free!

EDIT: bry17may had already chosen that... hasn't seen it either.
FITD #38 W: Vienna '12, Indian Wells '13, Bucharest '13
TT Singles: 94 W: Kaohsiung '13, Geneva '13, Meerbusch '14
TT Doubles: 137 W: Savannah '13 (w/bavaria100), Este (FUT) '13, Petange '13, Arad'14 (w/Matthew2408)
DTT Singles: 31
DTT Doubles: 19 W: Monte Carlo '13 , Madrid '13, Shanghai '13, Cincinnati '14 (w/Matthew2408)

Last edited by DJDVD : 03-09-2013 at 06:10 PM.
DJDVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:53 PM   #70
country flag Eddy DoubleD

Eddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond repute

It's ok if you take tournaments long before they start, but just keep in mind: if something happens meanwhile and you don't have time to manage, just announce before and we'll find someone else... It's not important how many tournaments you manage, but how you do it.

Grigor Dimitrov | Bernard Tomic | Kei Nishikori | Ernests Gulbis
Jiri Vesely | Nick Kirgyos | Thanasi Kokkinakis | Alexander Zverev

[TT]: Singles - Entry #68 Doubles - Entry #159
[DTT]: Singles - Entry #30 Doubles - Entry #31
[FITD]: Entry #41 Race #37
[PAW]: Entry #21
[Suicide Tennis]: Entry #50 Race #48
[Challenger Challenge]: #8
Eddy DoubleD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #71
country flag bry17may

bry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond reputebry17may has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bry17may View Post
I want to manage Casablanca and MonteCarlo
I put in Post 35 that I want to take Casablanca and MonteCarlo
bry17may is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #72

Eddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond reputeEddy DoubleD has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I have probably missed it

Old 03-22-2013, 05:16 PM   #73
country flag DJDVD

DJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond reputeDJDVD has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 2013 FITD Manager Thread | Where FITD managers meet...

I can take Estoril as well
FITD #38 W: Vienna '12, Indian Wells '13, Bucharest '13
TT Singles: 94 W: Kaohsiung '13, Geneva '13, Meerbusch '14
TT Doubles: 137 W: Savannah '13 (w/bavaria100), Este (FUT) '13, Petange '13, Arad'14 (w/Matthew2408)
DTT Singles: 31
DTT Doubles: 19 W: Monte Carlo '13 , Madrid '13, Shanghai '13, Cincinnati '14 (w/Matthew2408)
DJDVD is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #74

Giving that in the beginning of the year we were wondering if we could keep this game alive, now it's so awesome to have so many people ready to manage FITD! Thanks everyone

Old 04-06-2013, 01:12 AM   #75
country flag Synesthetic

Synesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond reputeSynesthetic has a reputation beyond repute

I should be able to do Munich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy DoubleD View Post
Giving that in the beginning of the year we were wondering if we could keep this game alive, now it's so awesome to have so many people ready to manage FITD! Thanks everyone
Yeah it's good that we have more managers to share the load this year
Current Ranking: #19 (Race: #16)
Highest Ranking: #1 (16/04/2012)

Winner: Shanghai 2012, Beijing 2013
Runner-up: Australian Open 2012, Wimbledon 2011, Acapulco 2012, Basel 2011, 's-Hertogenbosch 2014, Kuala Lumpur 2011
Semi-finalist: Madrid 2014, Cincinnati 2011, Barcelona 2013, Valencia 2012, Tokyo 2011, Nice 2014, Kuala Lumpur 2013, Kitzbuhel 2013, Atlanta 2013, Oeiras 2013, Stockholm 2012, Casablanca 2012, Umag 2011
Quarter-finalist: US Open 2014, Toronto 2012, Hamburg 2014, Rotterdam 2014, Oeiras 2014, Halle 2013, Bucharest 2013, Buenos Aires 2013, Brisbane 2013, Halle 2012, Nice 2012, Zagreb 2012, Brisbane 2012, Moscow 2011, Belgrade 2011
Synesthetic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote